Did CDPR kill Max Tac?

+

Who should have given the Max-Tac armor to V?

• Total voters
I think we all had an idea in our heads for future expansions about Max Tac being that you "earn" your place within the unit from the first teaser trailer. To be just given the Max-Tac suit by Judy "cheapens" their meaning as V didn't "earn" the right to wear it.

I respect Max Tac because they look like a unit that fights for a greater cause or just don't have a choice and are shrouded with mystery. They are like Section 9 from Ghost in the shell to me.

What should have happened:
  1. V's relationship with Max-Tac unit grows during an important quest which earns you the right to wear Max-Tac armor "by the leader of the unit."
Being given the armor by Judy confirms to me there will be no Max-tac expansion or content in the future. It sucks and I hope CDPR doesn't kill Max-Tac by cheapening them anymore.

20201224220522_1.jpg
20201224221234_1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I was expected to discover myself the reward from Judy...
So whatever the Max Tax, I don't care now, I'm sad :cry:

But don't worry ;)
Starting a new playthrough in 1.3, I'm far from this reward. so I suspected it was bound to happen at some point. In addition like an idiot I should have known it, but I still read :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The max-tac uniform you get is a halloween costume from Judy.

Max-tac being the apathetic organisation that they are should not have given their outfit to a random merc who just happened to know how to floor a cyberpsycho.

You know who should give you that outfit as a reward? Regina Jones for completing all the cyberpsycho sightings. That would make much more sense.

EDIT: A max-tac quest would be cool. Who knows what we're gonna get as DLC? An interaction with Max-Tac is not out of the question.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I think power structures that can be experienced by the viewer are important for the Cyberpunk genre.
The best examples that come to my mind are...
  • Project 2501 in Ghost in the Shell
  • Arasaka in Cyberpunk (e.g. Adam Smasher in 2077)
in Cyberpunk 2077, I think I shouldn't be able to join Max Tac, and I don't even want to look like them. In my eyes they help creating this essential contrast.

Top Bottom