Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
That poll is a little misleading at first glance. If I am to answer honestly I was disappointed with the state of the game. Had it been polished and all content remained the same, I wouldn't have been disappointed.

Easy question to me, at the very least.
I'm personally enjoying the game but if you look at the player's expectation as a whole and how far from the mark CDPR were, then yes, it's the most disappointing game of 2020...Easily.

In fact, the words are well chosen too, is it a bad game? No, CP is still great despite his (many) flaws, is it disappointing? Definitely. It's safe to say now that a LOT of players expected far more from this game (phenomenon made even worst by CDPR's marketing who were promising "the next level of RPG").

Which is sad considering TLoU2 is an amazing game once one agree to open their mind and understand the psychology and goals of each character but you may be right, at the end of the day, this game caused a massive disappointement across players around the world (not nearly as big though, at least from my pov but I may be wrong).
Oops, I voted yes, because I had forgotten about TLOU2. Even in the state this game is, the glitchy mess it left behind can't compare to that whole other kind of mess :shrug:. I'll take a buggy game over whatever that thing was any day:howdy:

For me its the most disappointing game of the last ten years, or at least since 2014 when World of darkness MMO was canceled. Possible since forever since I can't remember any other examples.

Its not about what it is, its about what it could have been. I felt they were taking wrong approach on most things since the very beginning and I was very vocal about it when I heard about it. Everything happened almost exactly as I feared. There are very few more depressing things than warning other people about danger and them just ignoring the warnings.. for years on running.

Not at all. I knew the game would have bugs (Well not like this but you know what I mean. TW3 kind of bugs) So I wasn't disappointed and tbh I had no problems with the AI since the AI in TW3 was worse. For me TLoU Part 2 is the most disappointing game of the year.

For me its the most disappointing game of the last ten years, or at least since 2014 when World of darkness MMO was canceled. Possible since forever since I can't remember any other examples.

Its not about what it is, its about what it could have been. I felt they were taking wrong approach on most things since the very beginning and I was very vocal about it when I heard about it. Everything happened almost exactly as I feared. There are very few more depressing things than warning other people about danger and them just ignoring the warnings.. for years on running.
Yep, first place ever for me closely followed by final fantasy 15.

But if for final fantasy it was my fault, for cyberpunk I blame the marketing campaign. In fact, while I started fearing for the performance on consoles months before launch, I at least expected it to be released "when ready". Of course the game has also a lot of problems and designs I personally dislike, but what hurts me most is the fact it clearly needed 1.5 additional years of development to say the least. It feels like they sold me an early access game for full price. I also blame the media for giving it very high scores before saying "sorry we had no time to realise skill system is broken and choices don't really matter in an RPG". But CDPR is the main responsible of course.

Still waiting for the next gen update on PS5 that was supposed to be released in 2020...

It's very subjective thing, I suppose. The game was dissapointing in some aspects, but overall I had quite a lot of fun with it, much more than with other games I played that year (not many of them though, since I don't play much anymore in general).
I voted "No". Despite it's shortcomings CP2077 was definitely winning over other titles in terms of story, atmosphere and art direction for me.

I'm going to say yes. Not only because of the hype, but because it seems to have so much potential, and other games are still in the EA stage. Cyberpunk 2077 can *look* great, but it's lacking a soul in the open world arena. One of my biggest gripes is the "most immersive open world" line used in advertising, when it clearly needs a lot of work in that area.

The side mission structure leaves a lot to be desired, due to the fact that for the most part, each mission is based on you driving by an area and having your cell phone pop up. It's a rinse and repeat process, and very rarely do I ever encounter random events/people on the street. It's always "receive message - go to place - do job."

Plus, it's a looter shooter.

It still has a lot of potential though, but I'm not sure if recreating the immersive mechanics from the ground up are in the works.

It is disappointing for console. The game is pleasing on PC.

Sometimes, I wonder how good the game could have been if it were made exclusive for PC. They would have been able to do a lot more from the start. But the tried to push a lot of the advanced graphics on the old hardware. When you look at all the things that people are asking for; you would know that these wishes are easy on PC. Who knows where the game could be right now.

Nope. Videogames being good or bad does not really disappoint, not as much as for example global illiteracy rates and world hunger.
Grow up man, this is a gaming forum. You've got to consider the context in which these conversations are taking place. If you want to change the world this is probably not the right place to be at the moment.
There are very few more depressing things than warning other people about danger and them just ignoring the warnings.. for years on running.
This really resonated with me, and the worst thing about it is the fact that the people who were wrong never actually wanted to acknowledge it, even if at the time they treated you like an outcast for sharing your reasonable concerns.

Nope. Videogames being good or bad does not really disappoint, not as much as for example global illiteracy rates and world hunger.

Which is of course a completely acceptable comparison. Sure.
And it's not at all like almost every topic seems totally trivial compared to world hunger.
You also absolutely answered the question, if it was THE MOST DISAPPOINTING GAME OF 2020, when you started on a completely unrelated topic and told us all how you basically are not disappointed by GAMES IN GENERAL.

You also absolutely answered the question, if it was THE MOST DISAPPOINTING GAME OF 2020, when you started on a completely unrelated topic and told us all how you basically are not disappointed by GAMES IN GENERAL.

I can't even begin to follow that logic, but you are welcome to it Sir. To answer the question, the game is not only not disappointing, it's spectacularly good. Cheers.

Just for argument sake, let the following few statements present my answer.

- Cyberpunk 2077 is my second most played game after Starcraft II (when including its many ladder matches)
- Cyberpunk is my most played game with over 400 hours played by now, kicking Xenoblade away from holding that title. (shooter/rpg genre games)
* Neither Fallout 3 and 4 have drawn me in as much as Cyberpunk has, and I prefer these fallouts the most. 3 because that was my entry in the series and 4 because of what that game ultimately became with mods, also for consoles.

* I have cancelled my preorder of Fallout 76 solely on huge disappointment on that it would be always online MP (essentially taking the fallout experience out of fallout)
* Anthem is forgotten about and remembered in name only.
* Marvels Avengers appeal lasted for exactly 1 trailer and 1 day-after.
* I have never bothered to get games such as RDR(2) and I cant be bothered with them in the slightest.
* The Last OF Us 2 still exists.

So no, if it wasnt clear already, Cyberpunk is one of my altime favourites and that despite its launch state. Which for me on PS4 wasnt bad at all anyway.
And I have seen my fair share of buggy games.

Top Bottom