I walk the Line Link to Van bug

+
I cant progress in the "I walk the line" mission because the game gets stuck when I try to Link to the Van. I think this is due to a Delamain dialog which was canceled as soon as I entered the Mall. Is there a Known fix for this issue ? Already tried to load a previous save and restarted the game multiple times. I can not access my phone, so the normal fix for the call bug does not work. Any help is appreciated.

You have not a save before the call ?
(The game auto-save about every 2 minutes, twenty times, so about 40 minutes of "possible" return).

The last save before i got the delamain call is like 20 minutes back and I was hoping i would not have to replay all of that quest...

The last save before i got the delamain call is like 20 minutes back and I was hoping i would not have to replay all of that quest...
So you prefer to be stuck in the quest maybe until the next patch ? Or replay 20 min ?
And for me, it's a great quest, so it's not the worst 20 minutes in the game :)

You are right, was just hoping for some other solution. Thx tho
Honestly, I think it could be the fastest and the less annoying "solution" ;)
Infiltrate the GIM and kill Animals, it still quite fun (and I have already had to do much worse. But I like the game, so spend more time to it, it's not that bad).

You have not a save before the call ?
(The game auto-save about every 2 minutes, twenty times, so about 40 minutes of "possible" return).
So I've started this mission completely over from the hotel, made sure delamain wasn't in call, and I still freeze when i link to the van...am I missing something?

So I've started this mission completely over from the hotel, made sure delamain wasn't in call, and I still freeze when i link to the van...am I missing something?
So the game freeze ?
Nothing happens when you connect to the Van ?
Maybe you can try to verifying the game files. Because at this moment, a "cinematic" should be launched.

For people seeing a bug somewhere in the Delamain questline, can you answer:

1.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

2.) Is this a new playthrough begun on 1.3? Or is it a playthrough that has been around for multiple updates?

3.) Is it the van in particular that's causing the issue? Exact same spot for both of you?

Yea it's the van for me...should I've mention I'm on console (ps5) and not PC?
Yep, it could change few things. Useless to try to verifying the game files and also ask if you use mods :)
So you can follow the steps provided by CDPR and if nothing change, you can report your problem to CDPR Support ("Contact Us" button).

Thx for help!
I wonder, before you connect to the Van, you didn't fight Sasquatch ? (a giant girl)

Anyway, In your place, what I would do would be to save manually just before connecting to the Van (to test, it is always better not to start all over each time) and keep this save. And also to make sure to keep a manual save before starting this quest (at least before entering the GIM).

I cant progress in the "I walk the line" mission because the game gets stuck when I try to Link to the Van. I think this is due to a Delamain dialog which was canceled as soon as I entered the Mall. Is there a Known fix for this issue ? Already tried to load a previous save and restarted the game multiple times. I can not access my phone, so the normal fix for the call bug does not work. Any help is appreciated

I cant progress in the "I walk the line" mission because the game gets stuck when I try to Link to the Van. I think this is due to a Delamain dialog which was canceled as soon as I entered the Mall. Is there a Known fix for this issue ? Already tried to load a previous save and restarted the game multiple times. I can not access my phone, so the normal fix for the call bug does not work. Any help is appreciated.
I encountered this too, I fixed it though in a very weird way. I watched someone do this Quest on pc so I knew the goal and what we needed to do after linking to the van. When I jacked into the van I got into a glitch where you could still look around and stuff if it does that pause the game, Save the game then load the save. After you load the save it's still kinda glitchy but watch a video or someone finish the quest and just follow their footsteps. You'll end up in the movie theater and it'll let you go in and talk to the Guy like you normally would. After this is done you end up outside the GIM and it should let you play normally from there AND the delomain thing goes away for a while! :D
I was able to play for another 7-8 hours then some other phone glitch happened and I've honestly just given up and am now waiting for a patch lol.
I play on PS too

I get the same glitch, I defeat the animals then I connect to the van nothing happens and I have delamain in the corner but he doesn't disappear so is there a way to fix it.

I get the same glitch, I defeat the animals then I connect to the van nothing happens and I have delamain in the corner but he doesn't disappear so is there a way to fix it.
Have you beat Sasquatch (Animal's Boss) before connecting to the Van ?
If yes, you can try (if possible, but with the auto-saves, you probably can) to inspect and connect to the van before fight her.

Top Bottom