Patch Notes 9.3

+
Well, I know a lot of new players who came in after Cyberpunk and are just getting into Gwent – and every time Syndicate dominates the meta, they are frustrated because it's the only faction with no starter deck. So it feels almost pay to win for them...

rrc

Forum veteran
After repeated mention of PlainTalkJon from @DRK3 and many others, I have subscribed to his channel and see his videos. Mostly they are very very interesting and I have huge respect for him. My respect just increased a lot with his recent video on 9.3 patch notes

Basically he is saying that "Dryad Ranger buff is clearly a step in the wrong direction. Why would I want more damage on a poison card? ... Once again, we are reminded ourself that CDPR hates Harmony".. he goes on to joke more about how a pact has been made with a devil that Harmony would never be made playable. On a serious note he goes to say that "Harmony is so weak that none of this buffs will make it playable. I have tried to make a working Harmony deck many many times, but couldn't get a single deck that I can show to you guys and that says a lot".

"Overall ST gets lackluster buffs and its been like a pity throw and its been like that for a while". I completely agree with his observation and sentiments. Even my Why The ST Snub thread is also to discuss that. ST has been getting lackluster meaningless buffs for a long time. And 9.3 is sadly not an exception.

In the end he says that the direction CDPR is taking for the balance change is a good one and he likes the overall patch.

What's the problem with alchemist? Are you meaning the NG card that can draw a card and put other in the top of the deck? I can't see any reason why this poor guy (4 provisions) could be such a problem :confused:

Are you meaning the NG card that can draw a card and put other in the top of the deck?
That is Vicovaro Novice.

The alchemist being referred to is almost certainly the Viper Witcher one that swaps one of your top cards with the opponent's top card.
(Granted, since there is a card called just 'Alchemist' being more specific wouldn't hurt.)

I got a quick question in case devs are reading. How does one come to a conclusion that the way to improve a meta where only 3-4 playable decks dominate over everything else to its almost complete exclusion is to remove one of those decks and leave everything else as is?

3 decks in a meta is bad but isn't 2 even worse? (I say 2 because NG assimilate rode mostly on countering MO.)

Bloody good friends and tunnel drill needs a nerf!!!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

No. The only overpowered part of SY is Lined Pockets, Tunnel Drill, Cleaver, and Bloody Good Friends.
I dont see bloody good friends as OP. Its a 6 for 5 spender with no profits which is fine.

Spearmaiden of SK got buffed this patch to a 6 for 4 with heal synergy.

And if cleaver is OP so is simlas.

The only carf that is OP and needs to be nerfed is tunnel drill

After repeated mention of PlainTalkJon from @DRK3 and many others, I have subscribed to his channel and see his videos. Mostly they are very very interesting and I have huge respect for him. My respect just increased a lot with his recent video on 9.3 patch notes

Basically he is saying that "Dryad Ranger buff is clearly a step in the wrong direction. Why would I want more damage on a poison card? ... Once again, we are reminded ourself that CDPR hates Harmony".. he goes on to joke more about how a pact has been made with a devil that Harmony would never be made playable. On a serious note he goes to say that "Harmony is so weak that none of this buffs will make it playable. I have tried to make a working Harmony deck many many times, but couldn't get a single deck that I can show to you guys and that says a lot".

"Overall ST gets lackluster buffs and its been like a pity throw and its been like that for a while". I completely agree with his observation and sentiments. Even my Why The ST Snub thread is also to discuss that. ST has been getting lackluster meaningless buffs for a long time. And 9.3 is sadly not an exception.

In the end he says that the direction CDPR is taking for the balance change is a good one and he likes the overall patch.
Oh, Jon, and his positivity.
While it's technically correct that it's a "step in the right direction", such a step is not dissimilar to a half-hearted apology for manslaughter. To apologize is technically the right thing to do...but... It's so vastly inadequate, it's borderline offensive. Too little, too late. Much like this patch.

In fairness, the most suspicious thing in this patch is +1 damage on a poison unit, of all things. It might be indicative of how out of touch devs are with their own game and community.

Last edited:
I dont see bloody good friends as OP. Its a 6 for 5 spender with no profits which is fine.
If Selfeater is an engine that is "op" because at 6 points can't be removed in 1 turn by 5 point removal then the same applies to Bloody Good Friends.
BGF should be nerfed to 5 points to put it in the same removal range with other engines.

rrc

Forum veteran
If Selfeater is an engine that is "op" because at 6 points can't be removed in 1 turn by 5 point removal then the same applies to Bloody Good Friends.
BGF should be nerfed to 5 points to put it in the same removal range with other engines.
Except that BGF is not an engine. BGF is not going to grow to 15+ or even 20+ points. It is just a spender. I am not saying BGF is not strong. BGF is a bloody good card, but it can't be compared with SelfEater.

Except that BGF is not an engine. BGF is not going to grow to 15+ or even 20+ points. It is just a spender. I am not saying BGF is not strong. BGF is a bloody good card, but it can't be compared with SelfEater.
Sure, spender, engine, whatever, it can put down 4-5 points per turn if you have crime cards to add the coins while selfeater couldn't. Selfeater needed to split a few times before it could've generated 5 point per relict played while BGF can do it from round 1.
BGF should also be in the 5 point range removal like selfeater.

jesus, another removal of armor form insectoids, this time Workers
just why, as if they weren't easy enough removed before, together with Larva and Koschey ffs

Sure, spender, engine, whatever, it can put down 4-5 points per turn if you have crime cards to add the coins while selfeater couldn't. Selfeater needed to split a few times before it could've generated 5 point per relict played while BGF can do it from round 1.
BGF should also be in the 5 point range removal like selfeater.
You have to invest coins if you want BGF to do anything at all. Selfeater just requires the player to slam the relics. Sure, maybe a little bit underwhelming in a short round, but so is BGF without any coins. Of course, BGF can potentially put out ten points per turn, but only if there are enough coins in the bank which you had to work for. Selfeater doesn't need any additional resources.

You have to invest coins if you want BGF to do anything at all. Selfeater just requires the player to slam the relics. Sure, maybe a little bit underwhelming in a short round, but so is BGF without any coins. Of course, BGF can potentially put out ten points per turn, but only if there are enough coins in the bank which you had to work for. Selfeater doesn't need any additional resources.
Selfeater doesn't need any aditional reasorces? :)) So the relicts that you have to play after that in order to grow the individual bodies that it split into don't count or what?

So the crimes that you have to play to get coins for BGF count but the relicts that you play for selfeater to grow "neah, those don't count, selfeater does all that by himself".

The hipocrisy :))))

New Features
  • Reintroduction of Battle on Yaruga Bridge contracts, connected to Bridge on Yaruga Gameboard, that allows players to unlock more ornaments.
  • Gascon leader will be granting a new title, avatar and cardback that is unlockable by completing contracts connected to playing with him (That includes players that already own the leader).
I hate these new contracts. I don't want to see stuff I have to spend money on in my quests side bar. That's really annoying CDPR. What next, an advertisement for Cyberpunk?

1630600764762.png

Top Bottom