Brand new PC, i9-11900KF with a 3080 ti, getting crashes within first 2 minutes

+
My new PC just arrived, i9-11900KF with a 3080ti graphics card, 32gb ram. It should be plenty powerful to play Cyberpunk. I was waiting to receive it before starting. So I get it and install Cyberpunk and I am getting a Cyberpunk Flatlined error within 2 minutes of starting the game. Sometimes I can get to the character creation screen but sometimes it crashes instantly. I've verified the files and reinstalled my graphics driver with a clean install. I turned off the steam overlay. Neither of those things have had any effect. There's hardly anything on my PC except for Steam, Chrome, GeForce Experience, and Cyberpunk so I'm not sure what else could be affecting it. Does anyone have any ideas of something I could try?

Thanks.

Is the resolution set in game higher than the resolution running in Windows? Do you have a multi-monitor setup?

I am not saying these things *should* matter, just thinking of things I would look at if it were me.

Also, I do not know what is in your Steam library, but do you have anything else that is graphically intensive you could install and run for a bit? This may help rule out something like Cyberpunk specifically vs a broader system issue.

Also, also... In Geforce Experience go to 'Home > Cyberpunk > Details > Optimize'. This will likely lower some of the overall graphic quality of the game below what your system should be able to handle (based on your specs), but you can tweak it up piece by piece a little later. This is just isolating the issue for now.

Last edited:
My new PC just arrived, i9-11900KF with a 3080ti graphics card, 32gb ram. It should be plenty powerful to play Cyberpunk. I was waiting to receive it before starting. So I get it and install Cyberpunk and I am getting a Cyberpunk Flatlined error within 2 minutes of starting the game. Sometimes I can get to the character creation screen but sometimes it crashes instantly. I've verified the files and reinstalled my graphics driver with a clean install. I turned off the steam overlay. Neither of those things have had any effect. There's hardly anything on my PC except for Steam, Chrome, GeForce Experience, and Cyberpunk so I'm not sure what else could be affecting it. Does anyone have any ideas of something I could try?

Thanks.
I haven't had gamer pc for some time, so take my words with a grain of salt (oh I always thought it was sand, not salt....good thing for google:)). Maybe run the game with some program to measure your temperature (google what is best). Then download and run some benchmarks to see if they will end up with any errors. I can't name a few, as I will end up lying, but google and youtube good ones. Youtube has some nice PC channels.

Thanks.

With those stats, I don't believe the issue is performance-related. Although you didn't mention a harddrive. Do you have sufficiently large SSD?

Graphic card drivers tend to be the most common issue, but if it's not that, I fear that it may be either an unknown incompatibility issue with certain hardware, or a hardware issue. I can say with plenty of experience that a PC being new doesn't make it invulnerable to faulty hardware. Sometimes people get a monday-edition. If you bought it as a package, it was simply put together by someone else and that person might have made a mistake too..

I second Jyserys, that you should try with something else that is hardware-intensive, just to check if the issue is hardware-related.

Try downloading HWMonitor software from here, and have it running while trying to run CP2077. Keep an eye on your maximum temperatures of CPU and graphics card, plus CPU usage. That should tell us whether the PC has an overheat problem.

An i9! Damn, I'm suddenly reminded how old my device is :giveup:

A bit odd yes, I cannot imagine the pc being an issue really. as you say, ahould be plenty powerful.
Have you been able to open the options menu and go through the settings to see if something may be out of bounds? Just thinking out loud here.

Could you post some logs pertaining this issue?
  • error logs
    • of the game
    • windows event log error during crash time
  • screenshot of crash
GL

You need to do some stress testing to rule out hardware issues.

1. Download Prime95 and the basic edition of 3DMark.
  2. Set your bios to default (fail safe) settings.
  3. Run both apps to stress test your hardware. If the issue resurfaces during the test, single out the faulty component by removing/replacing your parts until the culprit is found.
If the crashes only happen in Cyberpunk 2077, it's a software issue and the easiest thing to do on a new machine would be to re-install Windows. Kinda like swatting a fly with a hammer, but's it gets you where you want. Good luck.

"BRAND NEW PC, I9-11900KF WITH A 3080 TI, GETTING CRASHES WITHIN FIRST 2 MINUTES"

If I were to guess, I'd say, in the event your PC actually switches off completely, within the first 2 minutes, or sometimes even instantly, it may be your electricity feed being insufficient.

You can find out whether that's the case, by plugging in your PC in an electricity meter that measures Watts, and compare that with what is mentioned on the PCs electricity feed output.

Bare in mind that your brand new graphics card and processor both inhale vast amounts of electricity with a Gods vengeance the moment you start gaming. A sufficient electricity feed for both of them is paramount.

An i9! Damn, I'm suddenly reminded how old my device is :giveup:

A bit odd yes, I cannot imagine the pc being an issue really. as you say, ahould be plenty powerful.
Have you been able to open the options menu and go through the settings to see if something may be out of bounds? Just thinking out loud here.
This i9 is real a i7! It has 8 core the 10900K has 10 and this is a i9! :D Intel are assholes! 11900k is technically a i7...

This i9 is real a i7! It has 8 core the 10900K has 10 and this is a i9! :D Intel are assholes! 11900k is technically a i7...
You're telling me its just a marketing ploy :LOL: Hot-damn! :p
Ooh well, my rikkity device is still 4 years old so ... I still feel like I'm running ancient tech haha.
Anywho, still some good specs though.

Bare in mind that your brand new graphics card and processor both inhale vast amounts of electricity with a Gods vengeance the moment you start gaming. A sufficient electricity feed for both of them is paramount.
Dennard is dead,long live Dennard (IC designer here, if somebody wants to do funny math look at the power density of a modern CPU/GPU compared with a power plant... quite impressive)

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1911.11313.pdf

Top Bottom