Are you MODDER? Tell us it should be on the new Redkit for Cyberpunk 2077

+
Nothing at the "engine level" should be modifiable. That's too risky. But EVERY (in-house) system running on the engine should be. Full asset and landscape manipulation, and internal scripting and texture editing tools should be available with which to build quality mods with custom assets and locations.

Give it enough power to completely remake the game if a team of skilled modders felt so inclined. Paint schemes and side gigs alone won't hold a creator's interest for very long.

One thing came to mind: Speaking of assets could they keep some unchangeable for copyright protection? For example Keanu Reeves's appearance? I can imagine they will want to prevent problems while (hopefully) providing much freedom.

One thing came to mind: Speaking of assets could they keep some unchangeable for copyright protection? For example Keanu Reeves's appearance? I can imagine they will want to prevent problems while (hopefully) providing much freedom.

I don't think that would be an issue. It's an avatar of a fictitious character. There are Fallout 4 follower and preset mods that use his likeness, even calling the likeness by his name. Or John Wick :ROFLMAO:

I don't think that would be an issue. It's an avatar of a fictitious character. There are Fallout 4 follower and preset mods that use his likeness, even calling the likeness by his name. Or John Wick :ROFLMAO:
There was one joytoy mod made, then CDPR asked them to remove it and the author did immediately. So it was just to prevent these issues

There was one joytoy mod made, then CDPR asked them to remove it and the author did immediately. So it was just to prevent these issues

Hmm..... I wasn't aware of that.

But still, it was easily remedied with a simple request. So while it's bound to come up from time to time, any copyright issue would be resolved just as easily. Sites like Nexusmods are pretty consistent with honoring requests for removal made for copyright infringement reasons.

Oh yes and this is almost a comma of an issue; although if CDPR is as thorough on these kinds of "details" as they seem they might give it some thought. But I'm also curious as to whether this is technically possible: to liberate assets with exceptions

Oh yes and this is almost a comma of an issue; although if CDPR is as thorough on these kinds of "details" as they seem they might give it some thought. But I'm also curious as to whether this is technically possible: to liberate assets with exceptions

Hmm, I guess I'm not quite understanding what you mean by "liberate assets". Could you elaborate?

Hmm, I guess I'm not quite understanding what you mean by "liberate assets". Could you elaborate?
Yes sorry I try to keep up with technology but kind of went off the train for some years. Can they create a mod tool kit that allows for modders to edit assets with exceptions?

Yes sorry I try to keep up with technology but kind of went off the train for some years. Can they create a mod tool kit that allows for modders to edit assets with exceptions?

With exceptions? Not likely without restricting all similar assets of the same type.

If the assets being edited are native to the game or compatible with it's engine, then there's really not much reason to restrict them. If they're entirely new assets created by a third party tool (say, NifSkope meshes or GIMP textures for example), then restrictions for those assets would be up to the asset creator, in conjunction with what CDPR deems acceptable to import and release in a mod. We'll have to wait and see what this toolset will be capable of.

With exceptions? Not likely without restricting all similar assets of the same type.

If the assets being edited are native to the game or compatible with it's engine, then there's really not much reason to restrict them. If they're entirely new assets created by a third party tool (say, NifSkope meshes or GIMP textures for example), then restrictions for those assets would be up to the asset creator, in conjunction with what CDPR deems acceptable to import and release in a mod. We'll have to wait and see what this toolset will be capable of.
I don't think it would matter much for the specific issue being raised anyway. KR's likeness can be grafted onto pretty much any character right now, if a modder is inclined to replace the assets of another character in the game. When someone has enough time, his voice lines can also be spliced together to create another character. Those sorts of assets will be issues regardless of what the new super Wolvenkit does. What do we call the upscaled Wolvenkit, anyway? Seems like just calling it Wolvenkit going forward isn't sufficient. Maybe a Griffinkit?

I don't think it would matter much for the specific issue being raised anyway. KR's likeness can be grafted onto pretty much any character right now, if a modder is inclined to replace the assets of another character in the game. When someone has enough time, his voice lines can also be spliced together to create another character. Those sorts of assets will be issues regardless of what the new super Wolvenkit does. What do we call the upscaled Wolvenkit, anyway? Seems like just calling it Wolvenkit going forward isn't sufficient. Maybe a Griffinkit?

RedKit 4.0

Simple, to the point, and doesn't lock it's recognition to this game specifically, but rather to the engine, allowing for expansion into use with future titles without the name coming off sounding "weird" if they expand it to mod the next Witcher title. But in the event it's purpose is exclusive to this title (which would be incredibly shortsighted on their part), then CyberKit has a nice ring to it ;)

Now I'm curious as to what they'll call it. About KR sorry to have dragged that reflection for so long, it was just an aspect that came to mind

"ARE YOU MODDER? TELL US IT SHOULD BE ON THE NEW REDKIT FOR CYBERPUNK 2077"

Am not a modder, but if I would recommend one mod to be added to Redkit, or Wolvenkit, it's this one.
'The Colorizer Mod' by Binmos for 'She Will Punish Them'.

It works by giving players the ability to color anything the player character is wearing. It's pretty vast. One item can have as many as 10+ sliders, and each slider has 6 different color options to choose and combine colors with. Imagine coloring all your favorite outfits... it would give CP77 new incentive on an unprecedented scale.

Stronger even... Imagine this being implemented to color your wheels... You'd just be playing for the sheer fun dyeing your rig.

Think it's rather a 'developers tool' than a modder's. I've spend quite some time playing around with it, coloring many a player's clothes for the sheer fun of it. You have to practice, though, as the modder himself said, it's very user unfriendly. Which could be easily solved by adding numbers on the sliders, if you ask me.

Though, it would solely depend how the clothes in Cyberpunk 2077 were programmed, would highly recommend to at least make an attempt to get into contact with the modder, and try to get him on board the further development of the Redkit & Wolvenkit, and eventually try to per sway him to implement his 'Colorizer Mod' into the Kits.

Last edited:
I'm a modder and created quests for Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, TW1 & TW2. I was very disappointed when CDPR released MODkit for TW3, We can only edit the games scripts in "Witcher Script" and modify the textures or replace The 3D models with it. I want a new REDkit to create new Landscapes. I want to create new quests and write new shaders for the game I want to create new particles and other things. So please CDPR if you are not going to give us REDkit for CP77 (Which is understandable at this moment) then please think about it and release it for your next project.
Post automatically merged:

RedKit 4.0

Simple, to the point, and doesn't lock it's recognition to this game specifically, but rather to the engine, allowing for expansion into use with future titles without the name coming off sounding "weird" if they expand it to mod the next Witcher title. But in the event it's purpose is exclusive to this title (which would be incredibly shortsighted on their part), then CyberKit has a nice ring to it ;)
CDPR rewrites some parts/Adds new things to their engine for each and every title. Releasing a REDkit which works with every game they make is a bit difficult. But they can release an Update/Patch which allows for modding their next titles.

Last edited:
@Vattier

If I am being rude for asking you for any information on what to expect, then I apologize and will keep my mouth quiet on this matter.

I know it's too early to communicate anything precisely about future mod tools, but I wanted to know if you think it's a great idea for modders to be able to communicate openly about what they would like to have as mod tools through this post which may simply be a meeting place for modders that developers of the new Redkit or Wolvenkit can access if they are interested in reading some opinions.

If there must be another communication channel between modders and Redkit developers, please communicate it when possible, it would be good if there was a communication between CPDR, Yigsoft and Modders during development.

Or maybe those private communications already exist and I'm not saying anything important.

There is a lot of interest in this game from Modders, you just have to see Nexusmods.

Last edited:
Well,everyone that modes whant the wolvenkit to be more friendly modding wise...please allows to modify landscape,modify quests and some system...integrate the use of CET amd Redscript4 so we can port what we already have to game instead of alternate solutions...allows to make everything by wolvenkit and make it so it will be possible with the next games...modders whant to make things for the game...we love the game and see what can be made...

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
@Vattier

If I am being rude for asking you for any information on what to expect, then I apologize and will keep my mouth quiet on this matter.

I know it's too early to communicate anything precisely about future mod tools, but I wanted to know if you think it's a great idea for modders to be able to communicate openly about what they would like to have as mod tools through this post which may simply be a meeting place for modders that developers of the new Redkit or Wolvenkit can access if they are interested in reading some opinions.

If there must be another communication channel between modders and Redkit developers, please communicate it when possible, it would be good if there was a communication between CPDR, Yigsoft and Modders during development.

Or maybe those private communications already exist and I'm not saying anything important.

There is a lot of interest in this game from Modders, you just have to see Nexusmods.
As usual, we always try to read all the feedback coming from the community so please keep sharing it with us. Regarding the cooperation with Yigsoft, at this moment we don't have anything else to add but once the situation changes, they will be sharing results of their work for sure!

Top Bottom