Vsync related issues are causing conflicts with streaming software.

+
Hey there,

It's been a while since the release, and there's always been a very particular issue making the game very difficult to stream. It's causing HEAVY conflicts with streaming software like OBS for example.

How it exhibits itself? Once you've got the game running and your is OBS recording or streaming, the OBS and system itself are barely responsive and DROWNING in lag. Does not matter what settings you use for the game or stream itself. Does not matter how powerful your machine is.

Well... I found the cause of it. It's Vsync, or rather it's broken implementation. If the Vsync is off or set to the max value of your monitor's refresh rate, you will experience the above described issues. If you set the in-game Vsync to half of you monitor's refresh rate, the issue is gone... Your OBS and OS will become super responsive again.

This solution is NOT IDEAL because it cuts your frame rates in-game by half, and if you are sensitive to low fps like I am, you may experience motion sickness and headaches. This is also not perfect for streaming since it does not give the game and the show justice and again, may cause motion sickness.

So basically, guys, please consider this free QA. It would be great if you could focus your efforts on fixing this issue. I'd love to stream the game more often. It's a great show for me and my viewers. However in the current state it is literally physically exhausting and damaging.

Thank you for reading.

Kind regards,
Lord Ciaho

Last edited:
Ok... so the CDPR customer service has rejected this issue, claiming it is a problem with my GPU. This... is a very bad joke. They obviously did not even open the DXdiag file I attached, nor did they bother to repro the issue itself. EVERYONE has this issue, so does EVERYONE have a problem with their GPU? What kind of circus is this? I will never invest my money and time in CDPR again. Terrible company, terrible CS, terrible marketing. And I though the launch was a disaster...

I have no issues with OBS whilst running cyberpunk. My VSync is off.

This was recorded on OBS a few days ago: I record audio and video seperately so if either was causing lag I would know about it.

Whatever setting is making OBS stutter.. I am not seeing it

Last edited:
Top Bottom