Found Legendaries shouldn't have random mod slots and stats

+
So the found legendaries ike the 'protective-layer fixer pants' can all spawn with random mod slots between 0-4 as well as random stats. This should be changed to either always have fixed numbers based on the item or just always be the best version. Kinda silly to require players to save and reload 40x to generate the best version of the time. Just make it static.

Attachments

• PANTS1.png
    PANTS1.png
    335 KB · Views: 73
  • PANTS2.png
    PANTS2.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 81
I agree :)
But I think, in fact it's not "intended" that players have to reload bunch of times for have the max mod slots, it's simply to add more randomness for looted items. And when you reload, you "reset" item and have chance to generate a better version :(
But what the point to loot a legendary clothe with one or even no mod slot... it's just good to be dismalte o_O

But legendary clothing sets are not the worst, they always are in legendary version.
In all GIGs (or some quests), if you are level 40 or above, you have a chance to spawn a legendary item in container. But items also spawn in epic. So you must be lucky that it spawns in legendary version (instead of epic).
- For melee weapons, strangely, not a big problem they always spawn with the maximum mod slots (3).
- For clothes, you must pray to have it in legendary and with the maximum of mod slots.
- For weapons, you must pray (very hard) to have it in legendary, with max mod slots and with the effect that you want... A true nightmare... (for a legendary Quasar, with max mod slots and with also the ability to fire 2 bullets per shot, I had to reload a save well over a hundred times, easily and in few playthrough...)

I agree :)
But I think, in fact it's not "intended" that players have to reload bunch of times for have the max mod slots, it's simply to add more randomness for looted items. And when you reload, you "reset" item and have chance to generate a better version :(
But what the point to loot a legendary clothe with one or even no mod slot... it's just good to be dismalte o_O

But legendary clothing sets are not the worst, they always are in legendary version.
In all GIGs (or some quests), if you are level 40 or above, you have a chance to spawn a legendary item in container. But items also spawn in epic. So you must be lucky that it spawns in legendary version (instead of epic).
- For melee weapons, strangely, not a big problem they always spawn with the maximum mod slots (3).
- For clothes, you must pray to have it in legendary and with the maximum of mod slots.
- For weapons, you must pray (very hard) to have it in legendary, with max mod slots and with the effect that you want... A true nightmare... (for a legendary Quasar, with max mod slots and with also the ability to fire 2 bullets per shot, I had to reload a save well over a hundred times, easily and in few playthrough...)
have to admit - when i was a noob i didn't realize certain items went up to 3 or 4 mod slots. There's some legendaries that seem meant to be picked up earlier than others. Some only go up to say 80 armor (like the badge pants or boots) and others went up to 180 or so. The last time I checked, on my last playthrough, at the Murkman caliburn spot there was a techie shirt that only had 8 or 9 armor and 4 mod slots even at level 50

have to admit - when i was a noob i didn't realize certain items went up to 3 or 4 mod slots. There's some legendaries that seem meant to be picked up earlier than others. Some only go up to say 80 armor (like the badge pants or boots) and others went up to 180 or so. The last time I checked, on my last playthrough, at the Murkman caliburn spot there was a techie shirt that only had 8 or 9 armor and 4 mod slots even at level 50
Normally all clothes can be upgraded at max, so 200 armor.
If you have a legendary item with less than 10 armor, you can upgrade it to 200 armor (level 50), but it would cost an "big" amount of components for sure. But an item with 4 mod slots, even with "only" 10 armor, it's already better than other with 200 armor but "only" 0, 1, 2 ou 3 mod slots. If you put "only" armadillos level 50 (+240 armor), the maths is quick to do :)

We can buy Legendary clothes with max mod slots at vendors, early in the game, since 1.2. There is no reason for the Legendary sets found in the wild to pop up with a random number of slots anymore. It will still be up to the player to reload their save to generate possible crit mods if they want to.
Those sets need to be fixed to pop up with max mod slots and also to show up at all, there is 4 piece from different sets that are still missing.

Top Bottom