Eating/Drinking Not Animated. WHY NOT!!

+

More player animations (like eating/drinking) a feature I would like the DEV to eventually add?

• Positively yes, I want the DEV to eventually spend a little time making this better.

• Yes, it would have a positive effect on my game enjoyment

• No, it would have no effect at all on my game enjoyment.

• Absolutely no, I do not want the DEV to waste time on this.

• Do not care myself but I do not mind the DEV taking some time to do this eventually.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guest 3847602

V starts to eat a delicious slice of pizza. An enemie attacks V. V smashes the pizza at the enemie's face. The petfect weapon.
Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time pizza was used as a weapon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Buffet

I should have said "hotdog" :(
Anyway, the healing animation is there because it is useful for gameplay, unlike the eating/drinking animation which would only be cosmetic :)

I should have said "hotdog" :(
Anyway, the healing animation is there because it is useful for gameplay, unlike the eating/drinking animation which would only be cosmetic :)
Cosmetics are very important thin' in Roleplay games. Atleast for roleplay nuts like me:cool:

Great to see CD Project Red making so many changes to game, fixing it superb fast when compared to some other developers, Gudos for that! :cool:

DLC rumours also promising, still hoping we see more interactive animations added into this game. I just don't feel like i am V living in Night City, to me it's more like story heavy Black Ops game or something.
hope-for-this-one-there-may-still-be.jpg

I could go either way with it. Definitely love little details like that, but I never really paid attention to it here. Not sure it would be worth it to try to simulate eating every different type of food in the game, but perhaps a random assortment of eating and drinking animations or a quick scene of being served a plate at a cafe could be fun!

I could go either way with it. Definitely love little details like that, but I never really paid attention to it here. Not sure it would be worth it to try to simulate eating every different type of food in the game, but perhaps a random assortment of eating and drinking animations or a quick scene of being served a plate at a cafe could be fun!

Some sort of animations would still be nice, like in Witcher 1, every food item had it's own animation and i love it!

But night clubs and bars, restaurants still seem a bit useless as there is no reason to go there outside quests. Like Moxies! I want to sit there. feel the mood and down few shots on my V. Smoke a cigar or something...

I did I'll Fly Away side gig with Mitch in 1.3 and it's lame that when Mitch offers you a beer, all you can do is hit R and consume it or just take it and it goes to the inventory. At least you can have a beer at the bar with Panam and later with the Aldecaldo's during With A Little Help From My Friends.

I too wish there was more you could do at bars and clubs besides whatever happens during side gigs

I would basically not care.

Many games I liked don't have food animated. But they also don't have healing animated either. And that's my turning point. inhalers are animated and very nicely I might add (animations in cp are amazing - when they work) and so food and drinks should be too maybe.

Problem might arise with huge food variety. I can imagine popping a can or eating hoddog in 2 bites. Pretty easy to animate. BUT opening large juicy steak, or slurping noodles for 5 minutes and many many other variants? that's work for 20 animators for a year. - no seriously.

Lastly. In games like this time goes faster. becuase many actions are instant and it would just feel too slow to live thru ingame day. It is kinda natural ballance - faster day night cycle + instant inventory interaction/crafting/upgrading. That way it is kinda fine for day to last 30 minutes, You made 5 guns, upgraded your clothing, changed your jacket 12 times, had 20 cans of soda, ate 8 hotdogs, entire jar of protein pouder, 3 cups of noodels, can of catfood, and 3 bottles of vodka. All that while producing bodycount of 50. xD

All that fully animated would last entire in-game day, that would take real 12 hours of real time.

I'd like to add that it would also be helpful if the food / drinks eaten - particularly during animated scenes - would actually give a hydration and nourishment status boost.

Example: when you meet with Takemura and you both have the yakitori, you can choose Eat but it doesn't do anything besides play the animation

Shooting isn't animated.

I take a perfect shot at high speed from mid-air, and manage to press N. And the scene isn't accurate at all.

Yea i kinda find the lack of animations after you done the quest where it uses that animation kinda sad too. Im fine with inventory items not beeing animated (drinks/booze/food) but atleast let me buy a drink and drink it in a bar. same with the dumpling stand in japan town. You already have a animation just let it play that (might need some adjusting).

No reflections of V in the game world kinda erks me too, but i guess its because the horror that V is when you run around (no 3 person camera = no good 3 person model with correct animations). Looks weird when you see a perfect reflection in a window but you arent there tho... Might have become a vampire or something :D

"EATING/DRINKING NOT ANIMATED. WHY NOT!!"

The swimming has now been animated. V now swims like a fish, so who knows. And you can only see that using the JB Third Person View mod. There already are 2 different eating animations, which can be seen being executed by NPCs in the SINNERMAN gig. Could be a piece of cake for the devs to program V to execute those in the spots where she sat before during gigs, like at Tom's.

Same for the drinking animations. Just have to make those spots repeatable to sit. Modders should be able to do all that too, suppose.

Have also seen NPCs holding a mug while walking. Didn't see them actually drinking out of it, but it's something the devs could program V to do too.

Not at the top of my list, but I'd like to see it implemented. Although I'm not sure what it would look like in first person. Granted, I eat in first person in real life, but in real life first person, I also see a lot of my body in context of the environment. I don't know quite how it would look when first person is mostly just seeing your arms and hands.

I have few little "problems" with that (especially with food, drinks is another story) :)

- Even in survival games, either there is no animation for eating/drinking, either when there is, it's not very good. So I suppose, in first person, it's not that easy to make it look "good".

- Nobody can say the opposite, the food in Cyberpunk looks like nothing (ugly to tell the truth). You only have to look at meals with River (The Hunt or Follow The River) or in the restaurant with Johsua (A Light Never Goes Out), you have to have a good imagination to find that it looks like food (steak/fries, I think with Joshua...) So it would be a lot of work to make it really look like something edible.

- And finally, even when V eat during Gimme Danger with Goro at the market (Yakitori I think), it has nothing memorable nor good... Honestly, I never touch it :D

Edit : Find my own screenshot where we see Joshua meals...

Last edited:
I have few little "problems" with that (especially with food, drinks is another story) :)

- Even in survival games, either there is no animation for eating/drinking, either when there is, it's not very good. So I suppose, in first person, it's not that easy to make it look "good".

- Nobody can say the opposite, the food in Cyberpunk looks like nothing (ugly to tell the truth). You only have to look at meals with River (The Hunt or Follow The River) or in the restaurant with Johsua (A Light Never Goes Out), you have to have a good imagination to find that it looks like food (steak/fries, I think with Joshua...) So it would be a lot of work to make it really look like something edible.

- And finally, even when V eat during Gimme Danger with Goro at the market (Yakitori I think), it has nothing memorable nor good... Honestly, I never touch it :D
For me they dont have too make it look perfect tbh, bet you wont even see it that well in FPP anyways since the perspective is kinda odd vs reality.

The food can look kinda weird i agree, very low res and just shapes sometimes but can also look pretty good. Think it would be better with non physics fries and pretty much have it locked in place. Kinda depends on what food it is. Fries and steak look really bad tho.

Its mostly for immersion i want it tbh. too sit down and look around and eat/drink. Heck they could possibly even skip the eat/drink if i could just sit down at a bar/foodstand or lean or whatever. V allways feels out of place and as she/he doesnt belong in the world. Thats why the main quests/side quests are so important since you can actually interact with the world in them. I feel like it would be better if i could do that all the time. might just be me tho.

V allways feels out of place and as she/he doesnt belong in the world. Thats why the main quests/side quests are so important since you can actually interact with the world in them. I feel like it would be better if i could do that all the time. might just be me tho.
I agree for sit and drink/eat whenever you want (maybe add a "better" bonus than "normal" drink/food), it could be cool even if I only do that once or two :)
What would bother me a bit more is that every time I want a little bonus (health/stamina) and eat/drink something from my inventory, I have to pass by an (unnecessary) animation. Because for health items, the animation is just there in the idea that you can't use a weapon at the same time and adds a little "cooldown". So if it was the case, in regard with the "bonus", all my food/drink items would be sold for sure :)

Top Bottom