When do you think the Next- Gen upadate will be released?

+

When do you think the Next- Gen update will be released?

• Total voters
We were told that the Next- Gen update will hit the shelves in the second half of the year. Looking at the state of the game right now AND looking at Ray Tracing performance of AMD side of things on PC I'd imagine making the game work on Next- Gens is not an easy task. What are your bets on it, guys?

I say the update will happen no earlier than November, probably in December, just before the holiday season.

Sorry for the necro (not sorry) any news anywhere? Please can we shunt the hype train along a bit! Not voted but my hope is the "when it's ready" is soon :)

not before 2022. I bet my ass that sentence about "trying their best but it might get delayed to 2022" in the last investor call was just a soft way to prepare the investors for the ievitable delay. Pity they couldn't extend the same courtesy to the players.

Sorry for the necro (not sorry) any news anywhere? Please can we shunt the hype train along a bit! Not voted but my hope is the "when it's ready" is soon :)

They had a recent investor call, and they're still targeting this year. If 1.3 is any indication, my guess is that it'll probably come out before it's next investor update; which is Nov 29th.

They had a recent investor call, and they're still targeting this year. If 1.3 is any indication, my guess is that it'll probably come out before it's next investor update; which is Nov 29th.
Yeah my hope would be something like that (before December) which would also make sense if they want to catch the "seasonal" trade if they release the next gen update and an expansion pass bundle for new users at the same time.

They shouldn't be releasing it before they fix the game as it is. (One question nobody ever answers though, is if they release the next gen version with everything fixed, are those fixes also going to be applied to the current version? Or will we get shafted again?)
Not that I care much any more anyway - very little has changed/improved since it was released on XB1.
I've uninstalled it now anyway to make room for RE8 - I'll probably look at it again when the next full patch is released (whenever that is), at least if I see people saying there's a dramatic improvement on my platform. (Unless I just draw a line under CP77 now and forget CDPR exist, honestly a tempting thought.)

I don't think CDPR are narcissist lol. Meaning, I believe they've learned from their past transgression on the gaming world.

Sure they said it before, but I do believe when they say "when it's ready" they're not just saying it for street cred. haha, see what I did there.

They shouldn't be releasing it before they fix the game as it is. (One question nobody ever answers though, is if they release the next gen version with everything fixed, are those fixes also going to be applied to the current version? Or will we get shafted again?)
Not that I care much any more anyway - very little has changed/improved since it was released on XB1.
I've uninstalled it now anyway to make room for RE8 - I'll probably look at it again when the next full patch is released (whenever that is), at least if I see people saying there's a dramatic improvement on my platform. (Unless I just draw a line under CP77 now and forget CDPR exist, honestly a tempting thought.)
Improvements are coming only on PS5, series S and X. Those versions will par (or subpar, knowing cdpr) their respective pc counterparts.

Improvements are coming only on PS5, series S and X. Those versions will par (or subpar, knowing cdpr) their respective pc counterparts.
I'm not talking about the graphics improvements being made for next gen, obviously that won't be on current gen, happens with a lot of games right now. I'm talking about any bugs/glitches that are fixed, content that is added back in that was cut etc.
That said, however, I don't believe for a second that they can't improve the graphics on XB1, I know what the machine is capable of, and there are games that look and play much better than CP out there.

Top Bottom