When do you think the Next- Gen upadate will be released?

+

When do you think the Next- Gen update will be released?

• Total voters
I'm not talking about the graphics improvements being made for next gen, obviously that won't be on current gen, happens with a lot of games right now. I'm talking about any bugs/glitches that are fixed, content that is added back in that was cut etc.
That said, however, I don't believe for a second that they can't improve the graphics on XB1, I know what the machine is capable of, and there are games that look and play much better than CP out there.
Bugs have nothing to do with the next gen patch. If they fix them, they'll fix them for every platform. Regarding other games performing better (waaaay better), well, you need Devs to develop games with consoles in mind and not just take the pc version and downgrade it as much as they can and try to squeeze it in a console. It's way too late for cyberpunk.

Bugs have nothing to do with the next gen patch. If they fix them, they'll fix them for every platform. Regarding other games performing better (waaaay better), well, you need Devs to develop games with consoles in mind and not just take the pc version and downgrade it as much as they can and try to squeeze it in a console. It's way too late for cyberpunk.
Well... if it's as good as it's going to get, it means I'm not getting the game I though I paid for, and the "promises" about it were empty (what we were told about the game before it released, and to fix it so we'd keep it instead of getting a refund), so I won't buy anything else for the game, or from CDPR, why on gods green earth would I risk it?

Well... if it's as good as it's going to get, it means I'm not getting the game I though I paid for, and the "promises" about it were empty (what we were told about the game before it released, and to fix it so we'd keep it instead of getting a refund), so I won't buy anything else for the game, or from CDPR, why on gods green earth would I risk it?
I mean, they never said the game would have run properly on consoles, they do have a point :LOL:

I'm not interested in expansions, I just want the next gen patch to finally play it in an acceptable way once bugs won't affect the game that much. On the other hand, I don't have my copy of the game anymore, luckily, so it's a matter of "do I want to buy it again for 12€ on Amazon"?

They said they were targeting 2021 which means definitely not 2021.
We just have to learn their language.

The chance of it releasing before the end of the year is slim. I think the next-gen is gonna be a jumping board toward getting people interested in the paid expansions. And step one toward that is making sure people pick the game up again and stick with it.

One of the worst things they can do is make the same mistake twice and release it too early.

There’s also the state of the current game to take into account. 1.3 was already a huge improvement and probably made the game much more playable for a big group of people. Second worst thing they could do would be to release Next-gen and have it be perceived as just as buggy as last gen but with a new coat of paint on it.

I hope they take their time with it as there’s no rush as at this point. Cyberpunk is off the radar for many people. Now is their chance to regroup and leave a good second impression. That’s what the game needs right now, and I doubt you can convince many people to buy the expansions without it.

You have made some very good points. I agree with your notion and think this will be the way CDPR is going to proceed. Honestly, I almost think they already very much doubt the next-gen update will be released this year. What they do know is slowly prepare their investors for this news and afterwards also the general public. Currently, the media is doing their job for them in a way, since many news outlets have written something about the investor's call.

The chance of it releasing before the end of the year is slim. I think the next-gen is gonna be a jumping board toward getting people interested in the paid expansions. And step one toward that is making sure people pick the game up again and stick with it.

One of the worst things they can do is make the same mistake twice and release it too early.

There’s also the state of the current game to take into account. 1.3 was already a huge improvement and probably made the game much more playable for a big group of people. Second worst thing they could do would be to release Next-gen and have it be perceived as just as buggy as last gen but with a new coat of paint on it.

I hope they take their time with it as there’s no rush as at this point. Cyberpunk is off the radar for many people. Now is their chance to regroup and leave a good second impression. That’s what the game needs right now, and I doubt you can convince many people to buy the expansions without it.

The longer this goes on the more I feel like they have to blow people away with it. I mean, 9 months? It can't just be a higher resolution/higher framerates can't it? That can't explain why it would take 9 months+? I think if they were going to delay, they would've done it with the investor call. I mean,, unless something drastic happens between now and the end of 2021. I'd be surprised if it gets delayed to 2022. The way the question was asked was kind of a no-win kind of question for CDPR though. The next investor call is November 29th, my guess it comes out mid-November.

The longer this goes on the more I feel like they have to blow people away with it. I mean, 9 months? It can't just be a higher resolution/higher framerates can't it? That can't explain why it would take 9 months+? I think if they were going to delay, they would've done it with the investor call. I mean,, unless something drastic happens between now and the end of 2021. I'd be surprised if it gets delayed to 2022. The way the question was asked was kind of a no-win kind of question for CDPR though. The next investor call is November 29th, my guess it comes out mid-November.

All of it is compounding on top of the already shaky state of the game. It’s been a year since Cyberpunk officially released and as has been clear for a while now … the game should’ve been delayed for at least 6 months to a year from the start. Add the insane amount of platforms. the old-gen consoles etc. Thee game has piled up so much backlog that everything will go slow until they clear it. A significant portion of the team has been on patch duty.

People who have been complaining about cyberpunk will say “This took nine months to make?!”. It’s It inevitable. I’m definitely expecting something ‘lacklustre’ but that’s not a bad thing. Providing players with a stable next-gen experience is paramount. People will walk away again otherwise. I hope but don’t know -- that a huge part of the next-gen work has been to streamline everything. Up the graphics, make it run and make it run consistently. Anything added on top of that would be great but I’m expecting nothing.

They were being cautious which says to me they are either covering their bases or that they are not sure and it could still go either way. Put those nine plus months into the context of the game’s release and aftermath. With what Cyberpunk is dealing with in terms of “technical debt” I wouldn’t be surprised it being delayed is all.

CDPR blowing people away would be the best case scenario. But I just don’t see that happening without something crucial being sacrificed as a result. I’d love to be proven wrong though.

Top Bottom