Is this systems good enough?

• Yes, it should be one among several different systems

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No, it's retarded, go away

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Moi have no clüe, mon ami

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We all know how the police-system works. Basically if you do something, the Blue Star pops up and you enter combat with the red warning on screen. They don't chase you that far, and with a little driving you're scot free.

The system I propose is basically an escape mini-game, and should work like this:

1. V does something criminal (run over pedestrian(s) by accident/or not accident).
2. V is flagged wanted, and police throws a cordon at intersections with spikes and NCPD-officers with stunguns.
3. V tries to flee, but is either a) driving and runs over the spikes - the de-acceleration slams V unconscious (fade to black), or b) is apprehended with electroshock stun-guns (also fade to black).
4. V wakes up in one of several designated NCPD-trailer (one for each district) within the same disctrict he was apprehended.
5. V should have several options to get out (escape):
a) bribe the guard
b) using 3 different methods to break free (Body, Tech or Hacking). Body to tear open the door, Tech to open a floor-exit and Hacking open the window/vent or something.
6. When V leaves, either a) the guard will delete the surveillance-data, or b) V deletes the data from a computer-terminal, get his/her gear (weapons).
7. V is free, and leaves the area going his/her merry way.

What props/world-meshes are there for this? I propose these trailers as they shouldn't be overly large, maybe the size of a Behemoth. The point is to make it a small mini-game that won't bore players. but give an immersive reason of how the NPCD acts when V is captured. And why one trailer at each district? It is so the player can continue with what he/she did before they got caught and to keep to travel-distance within reason. No need to travel from the Glen, when the player was caught in Watson, so as to keep the back-and-forth down.

And there need to be at minimum one guard to bribe or distract, so the developers needs to write the necessary script(s) for the interaction. It's a low-cost system that will add one facet among several for the NCPD-'faction'. I hope this will be one of several systems CDPR could implement to flesh out the behavior of the NCPD.

I quite for that :)
Even if in Night City, Cops can shoot you directly without warning (shots in the limbs are considered as warning shots).
And no need to talk about MaxTac, where they don't bother to "arrest" someone, alive at least :)

I quite for that :)
Even if in Night City, Cops can shoot you directly without warning (shots in the limbs are considered as warning shots).
And no need to talk about MaxTac, where they don't bother to "arrest" someone, alive at least :)
Yeah, as stated, one of several systems. This is the lowest tier (non-lethal) the NCPD gets. People do get arrested and not always shot on sight in Night City. The other tiers becomes more and more lethal, ending up with MaxTac.

Top Bottom