Why are all my clothes suddenly too high level to wear?

+
Logged in today after Patch 1.3.1 and virtually every item of clothing in my inventory is now showing 'RED/REQ' and requires Level X (many levels above current) to be able to wear.. suddenly 90% of my routine wardrobe cannot be worn.. what's caused this? I have worn every item since start of game and never been any 'levels' before, and how do I resolve it? All the icons have changed, and I can no longer double-click on a worn item to remove it, only replace one item with another

Attachments

• 20210914191527_1.jpg
    20210914191527_1.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20210914191554_1.jpg
    20210914191554_1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
It's only clothes ? How many level ? Your equiped clothes are not affected ? Have you used mods ?
If you are level 50, that's a big problem :(
If not (and "only" one level), a little wandering to Pacifica could easily earn the required level :)

Not anywhere near level 50, it's only clothing, yes I have used clothing mods but up till now they have all worked fine... this seems only to have happened after the latest Patch? It affects un-modded standard clothing also.. and also some items I was previously wearing when I logged in, and all the icons seem to have altered on most items
( see photos)

Attachments

• 20210914191527_1.jpg
    20210914191527_1.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20210914191554_1.jpg
    20210914191554_1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
You're level 30 at least ?
Because I see Rocker boots who requiere level 30 "normally".
But the problem, it's maybe mods work well on 1.3, but maybe not on 1.31. And "modifications" added by mods remains in save files, it could be a problem even if you remove them :(
But icons mess up remind me problems in a previous patch, I don't remember if it was due to mods or not :(

You're level 30 at least ?
Because I see Rocker boots who requiere level 30 "normally".
But the problem, it's maybe mods work well on 1.3, but maybe not on 1.31. And "modifications" added by mods remains in save files, it could be a problem even if you remove them :(
But icons mess up remind me problems in a previous patch, I don't remember if it was due to mods or not :(

No I am only Level 11 right now but clothes had never before had visible 'Levels' on their description unlike weapons, even ordinary clothing items I have worn many times before and saved as part of outfits can no longer be worn. When were 'levels' put on clothes? It certainly must be new as I have before worn anything I have bought, found or called up with console commands

No I am only Level 11 right now but clothes had never before had visible 'Levels' on their description unlike weapons, even ordinary clothing items I have worn many times before and saved as part of outfits can no longer be worn. When were 'levels' put on clothes? It certainly must be new as I have before worn anything I have bought, found or called up with console commands
Pretty sure clothes DID have level requirements from day 1? Hard to check I know, but that's my recollection, of looting stuff and not being able to use it until a certain level.

Pretty sure clothes DID have level requirements from day 1? Hard to check I know, but that's my recollection, of looting stuff and not being able to use it until a certain level.
Yep since day one (all items, weapons or clothes)
For example, Rocker jacket-level 5, Rocker boots-level 30, Fixer Glasses - level 22, Rocker shirt/bras - level 16... (if you loot in City center, for example, generally, all the items, even the most common one have level 25-30 required at least. For Rancho Coronado, level 20-25. Pacifica 15-20) :)
So it's definitely something wrong with mods or other things who aren't in the base game :(

I do not use any clothing mods and I saw this happen as well with a recent 20 level character. But I do not think it is a bug, it is probably a re balance by the DEV. Clothing DID have levels from the beginning. As I do not care about clothing (so I do not change my cloths once I find good ones) it did not really bother me that much because I can still wear the high level ones I already had on. But I can see how this would be frustrating for players that are into switching out the clothing a lot.

I see that lsome of "issues' that happened in the prior patch are still happening now.
This also happened to me in the prior patch, I was lvl 40 something with my corpo boy, then the patch came and suddenly the jacket and shoes I was wearing (high upgrades and good stats) were too high for me. Since I was already wearing them, I opted to just not take them off, but as soon as my V slept he automatically unequipped them.
Again. people at CDPR are humans and this might be a mistake they haven't detected, I've never installed any mods for Cyberpunk and this still happened to me.

Not anywhere near level 50, it's only clothing, yes I have used clothing mods but up till now they have all worked fine... this seems only to have happened after the latest Patch? It affects un-modded standard clothing also.. and also some items I was previously wearing when I logged in, and all the icons seem to have altered on most items
( see photos)
did you use spawn0's script to spawn them?..

the icons messing up are definitely because of spawn0 mod.. he released a fix previously and I am sure he will update again if icons are messing up again. You should report this bug if you are using the latest version of his mods to him in nexus.

The requirement level I think is where they updated the legendaries at some point but the icons are certainly spawn0's domain

Make sure you are using the latest version of his mods including the separate icon file he released a few weeks ago for 1.3

It certainly sounds as if it may be mods. Whenever mods are installed, they will alter parameters of a game, which will then alter the data that is recorded when a game saves. This altered data cannot be removed. As long as the mods are compatible with the present version of a game, everything will be fine. If a game changes the way it functions, like bug fixing, new or altered mechanics, new visuals, etc., then the mod will also have to change to remain in line a game's base functionality. The mod will also need to be updated. Whether or not this affects your game depends on the mods installed, what parts of the game they alter, what parts of a game have been changed via an update, and how different mods interact with each other.

Removing mods can also be problematic, as that will remove the functionality your game is looking for (via the mod) but still leave reference data in your save state. This is where most game-breaking issues are likely to occur.

So, if you've ever used a mod that altered clothing, the way leveling works for items (including clothing), or even the look of clothing, it has likely been built in a way that conflicts with the present version of the game. Best-case scenario: the mod will be updated by the author. Worse-case scenario: the mod may need to be removed. Worst-case scenario: the update created a conflict that is not rectifiable with that mod, and it can't be removed cleanly. At that point, it may be necessary to restore a save made at a point before the offending mod was first installed, or even begin a brand new game.

OP said they did use clothing mods, but it still doesn't explain why people who didn't use them (like SpookyFX and myself) experienced it as well.
That would indeed invalidate mods as a cause.

A rebalance would make sense, but I'd imagine more people would be running into issues with it if that were the case. I didn't notice any glaring differences on my end when I loaded a saved game, but then I only had, like, 5 outfits total that I had collected. Might have just never come up.

What about other things that may have created an issue? Did you or Spooky ever use console commands or anything to spawn clothing into your inventory? Did you happen to get something from an area that was meant for much higher levels (like a later-game quest location)? That sort of thing?

I use the exact same clothing mod as OP... issues of icon corruption were addressed recently by the mod author. SPawn0 released fixes for the icon corruption after 1.3. Spawn0 has a script on the mod download page that puts all of his items in your inventory (I just don't use the script so get the items naturally when I am the correct level)

I talked with spawn0 to fix the icon issue on the cop boots after 1.3 and this is the screenshot I sent him. Note the same icon corruption.

Just checking spawn0's bug page to see no one has raised anymore issues. IMO OP has to update his mod to resolve the icon issue and ensure he doenloads the seperate icon file spawn0 created after 1.3 (NOTE.. golden shoes on left are a spawn0 item switch also but icon is fine) (NOTE, top screenshot was during 1.3, second screenshot just taken with 1.31 )

1631690074973.png

And this is with the fix he did applied (and I removed the duplicate boots)
wwwd.png

Last edited:

A rebalance would make sense, but I'd imagine more people would be running into issues with it if that were the case. I didn't notice any glaring differences on my end when I loaded a saved game, but then I only had, like, 5 outfits total that I had collected. Might have just never come up.

What about other things that may have created an issue? Did you or Spooky ever use console commands or anything to spawn clothing into your inventory? Did you happen to get something from an area that was meant for much higher levels (like a later-game quest location)? That sort of thing?

The re-charge jump's nerf (prior patch) was believed to be a rebalance as well, some people thought the change never actually happened, until more people said the had the same issue and it was confirmed by CDPR that it was an oopsie. I personally think if it was a rebalance, it would have been listed in both patche's changelog :/

I dunno about Spooky, but I've never installed and run any mods in Cyperpunk, nor I've used any console commands at all, I've played the game 100% vanilla. I can't remember if I was in a high lvl area, but I do remember the shoes were bought in a clothing store (Can't remember if the jacket was loot or bought, was definitely not crafted). Wore them quite often cause they were my favorite, every once in a while I would change clothes cause I have multiple outfits, but I always changed back to this jacket and shoes without any issues. I also would upgrade them whenever I managed to get enough components, and nothing bad happened (They were both legendary). I was still playing a couple of hours before the patch and I didn't get the icon telling me to level up to be able to wear it. Then the patch comes and when I'm finally able to play, I open my inventory and I see that, despite wearing said items at the time, I need to level up 'to wear them'. I decided to avoid removing them and kept playing without changing any clothes, but then I made V go to bed and he woke up without them and unable to wear them anymore.

Maybe it could happen in "rare" circonstances in the "vanilla" game, so as always those who encouter this bug can report it :)
But only if no mods are used in the game. If there are "spawned/modded" items in the saves, it's dead and useless :(

The re-charge jump's nerf (prior patch) was believed to be a rebalance as well, some people thought the change never actually happened, until more people said the had the same issue and it was confirmed by CDPR that it was an oopsie. I personally think if it was a rebalance, it would have been listed in both patche's changelog :/

I dunno about Spooky, but I've never installed and run any mods in Cyperpunk, nor I've used any console commands at all, I've played the game 100% vanilla. I can't remember if I was in a high lvl area, but I do remember the shoes were bought in a clothing store (Can't remember if the jacket was loot or bought, was definitely not crafted). Wore them quite often cause they were my favorite, every once in a while I would change clothes cause I have multiple outfits, but I always changed back to this jacket and shoes without any issues. I also would upgrade them whenever I managed to get enough components, and nothing bad happened (They were both legendary). I was still playing a couple of hours before the patch and I didn't get the icon telling me to level up to be able to wear it. Then the patch comes and when I'm finally able to play, I open my inventory and I see that, despite wearing said items at the time, I need to level up 'to wear them'. I decided to avoid removing them and kept playing without changing any clothes, but then I made V go to bed and he woke up without them and unable to wear them anymore.
I'm wondering if what it could be is a threshold of gear level that overlaps with the level your character was at when it first acquired them...or perhaps the way upgrading / crafting now works based on the last time your character modified the gear (prior to the update). As in: If I picked it up at level 5, prior to 1.3 it was level 2 gear. Now, if it tries to put it at or above my level, it might be "recreated" by the game as level 7 gear...even though I'm only level 5. An attempt to retroactively make the gear more useful for longer, but as a side affect may outclass some of the gear.

If they also wanted to introduce balance to crafting, so as to avoid having players craft gear at low levels that would be far too OP, it would make sense to have that also increase the required level to use that gear. Maybe some change like that has also affected default gear.

Or...it's just a bug, and it wasn't supposed to happen at all. There definitely aren't swarms of reports about this or anything. So a buggy-poo is definitely possible.

Maybe it could happen in "rare" circonstances in the "vanilla" game, so as always those who encouter this bug can report it :)
But only if no mods are used in the game. If there are "spawned/modded" items in the saves, it's dead and useless :(
To report it, better to call it a crafting issue -- I think that's as close a category as we can get. Visual issues are more about GPU-related things: issues with drivers and stuff.

To report it, better to call it a crafting issue -- I think that's as close a category as we can get. Visual issues are more about GPU-related things: issues with drivers and stuff.
My post was more related for the messy icons. But yeah, for clothes it's better :)
(A new category like "Others" or "Miscellaneous" would be useful, I think. Because sometimes there is no related category at all).

ALL the Mods I have been using from day one:

Wider mini map
Better driving mechanics
Player key mapping (a mod I made myself, but as of this last update I no longer use because the DEV finally fixed this).
Save anytime (this is a simple "flag" change that the DEV programed in their code themselves. The mod only flips the DEV's flag to on rather than off).

Also I have replaced the LOOOONNGGG winded intro movies with something MUCH shorter so I can get to playing this amazing game before I die of old age.

That is all... :shrug:

To be fair however, I SO do not pay attention to clothing so I am probably not a very good source of empirical data on this issue.

Last edited:
ALL the Mods I have been using from day one:

Wider mini map
Better driving mechanics
Player key mapping (a mod I made myself, but as of this last update I no longer use because the DEV finally fixed this).
Save anytime (this is a simple "flag" change that the DEV programed in their code themselves. The mod only flips the DEV's flag to on rather than off).

Also I have replaced the LOOOONNGGG winded intro movies with something MUCH shorter so I can get to playing this amazing game before I die of old age.

That is all... :shrug:

To be fair however, I SO do not pay attention to clothing so I am probably not a very good source of empirical data on this issue.
I think, based on the players that have never used mods seeing the same issue, that this is likely not being caused by mods.

However, it wouldn't matter even a tiny bit if someone thinks, "But the mods I use have nothing to do with this, and I've not had a single problem until now." That's not how mods work. Any mod used can potentially bork the game in an unexpected way, or become suddenly incompatible with a game update. Normally, whatever issues arise can be worked around, but sometimes it can be pretty grim. Like...bye-bye playthrough, reinstalling the game, and starting again...types of grim.

For this issue, though, I'm getting the gist it's either an intended feature that is more noticeable to players that have tons of clothing...or it's some weird bug somewhere in the clothing, leveling, or crafting parts of the game.

Top Bottom