Beat on the brat final

+
Hello there,

I'm kinda confused... on any other opponent in the game, when I parry a melee attack, V takes no damage cause of a successful parry.
Except for the beat on the brat fights. Especially against Razor... I got way more than 5k armory and plenty of points in body (athletics & streetbrawler). Even though I've tried to use every perk in body for this fight... I'm a 3 hit loser... is that on purpose? Is it on purpose that V takes full damage even though I got high armory, block or parry his hits susccessullfy?

I think that's just crap...
But hey... maybe it's juts me...

I quickly reached the conclusion trying to block is pointless in the fist fights. I suspected certain attacks were meant to be unblockable. Even if not they were doing damage through perfect blocks for me. In my case it was when using a character without anything geared toward fist fights. So perhaps making a "fist fighter" character would yield different results.

In any case, the strategy I used against Razor was to keep distance with him, bait an attack, dodge it, slap him a few times and move back at distance. If memory serves, you can reliably fit a heavy and 2-3 fast attacks into your counter attack after dodging. Of course, I seem to recall that simple straightforward approach working for all the fist fights. I found Rhino the most difficult. In large part because you had to keep tabs on that damn ladder :).

Yes, I am assume it's on purpose. Why, I couldn't say.

Hello there,

I'm kinda confused... on any other opponent in the game, when I parry a melee attack, V takes no damage cause of a successful parry.
Except for the beat on the brat fights. Especially against Razor... I got way more than 5k armory and plenty of points in body (athletics & streetbrawler). Even though I've tried to use every perk in body for this fight... I'm a 3 hit loser... is that on purpose? Is it on purpose that V takes full damage even though I got high armory, block or parry his hits susccessullfy?

I think that's just crap...
But hey... maybe it's juts me...
Evading attacks in fist-fighting in this game is key. Just avoid and counter.

Also weird it could seem, I managed to block Razor and even counter him.
Very easy fight I think... Body 5 (no perk point in Body at all), level 50, 100% crit chance, 250 crit bonus, and (important) full modded Gorilla arm bought at level 45 (and also Short Circuit in legendary for the passive effect).
I flattened him like a pancake :)

Edit :
On beat on the brat, 0 armor or 7000 armor, it make no difference. Armor is ignored in melee fight.
And like Viktor said : Look at him, it's a tank...

Top Bottom