'Riders On The Storm' Weird Weather Trigger (Game Version 1.31)

+

Jeyl

Forum regular
This weather glitch occurs after you have selected a choice between riding with Panam in the Van or meeting her at the wraith camp. The moment you make the choice, a very strange weather effect is triggered that turns everything bright white and then into a hazy gray fog that obscures your view of seeing far off into the distance (Like Nintendo 64 fog). This will occur regardless of what time of day it is and I have yet to find any way of keeping it from happening. This type of weather actually visually impairs the quest since the sand storm seen far off into the distance is no longer visible but the characters will still comment on it. This weather sticks around permenantely no matter where I go.

Ridersonthestormfog.gif

This weather glitch occurs after you have selected a choice between riding with Panam in the Van or meeting her at the wraith camp. The moment you make the choice, a very strange weather effect is triggered that turns everything bright white and then into a hazy gray fog that obscures your view of seeing far off into the distance (Like Nintendo 64 fog). This will occur regardless of what time of day it is and I have yet to find any way of keeping it from happening. This type of weather actually visually impairs the quest since the sand storm seen far off into the distance is no longer visible but the characters will still comment on it. This weather sticks around permenantely no matter where I go.

View attachment 11254717
Seems to be functioning perfectly fine to me, and intended.

Jeyl

Forum regular
Seems to be functioning perfectly fine to me, and intended.
What's happening in that gif is NOT due to the dust storm. You can actually see the dust storm that occurs during them mission off in the distance in the middle of the gif. You and Panam are supposed to notice it on your way to the encampment. What envelopes everything in this gif isn't supposed to occur, let alone happen anywhere else in the game.

The sand storm that is associated with this quest only envelopes the area after you rescue Saul and there is no transition from clear weather to sand storm weather. You go underground during clear weather and you come out into instant sand storm weather. Also, sand storm weather in the game makes everything orange, not gray.

Last edited:
It's new in 1.3 (1.31), now during this quest (before the sand storm), it's "foggy". And "sand-stormy" when you leave the camp with Saul and Panam. But I think it's "intended", it seem to me, that is way better to infiltrate the camp stealthily than in the middle of the day in full sun :)

But as always, I could be wrong, so if it's a bug for you, you can report it and wait an answer by CDPR Support (don't really know about the catergory, chose the closest one).

Jeyl

Forum regular
It's new in 1.3 (1.31), now during this quest (before the sand storm), it's "foggy". And "sand-stormy" when you leave the camp with Saul and Panam. But I think it's "intended", it seem to me, that is way better to infiltrate the camp stealthily than in the middle of the day in full sun :)
If this is a change, they made one nagging oversight. if you're driving with Panam and you're 400M away from the encampment, this exchange occurs.

Panam: Holy... Do you see that?!
Panam: That is one hell of a storm!
V: Lookin'... Bad.
Panam: Oh, it's bad in more than it's look. We have to move quickly.

The entire point of this exhange is to draw the player's attention towards an incoming sand storm because it's an important part in how the story plays out. Now that this fog occurs well before you reach 400M, the set up is meaningless because we can no longer see what Panam and V are talking about.

As you can see in this screenshot, the oncoming sandstorm was clearly visible until version 1.23.
Not being able to see anything in the fog is definitely a bug. [...]

storm.jpg

Jeyl

Forum regular
As of update 2.0, the fog is no longer present during the mission! It's a clear sunny day all the way to the actual escape in the sand storm. Thank you CDPR!

Top Bottom