Patch 1.31

+
Would love to play the game , but i find it reallly hard to enjoy the game when it crashes every 10 minutes!!!!!
Don't forget that the issue could very well be your PC not Cyberpunk 2077. Do you for instance overclock (CPU? GPU?)? It seems Cyberpunk is pretty good at detecting unstable overclocks. I've experienced that myself because I first undervolted my GPU and after reaching a low enough voltage I decided to pump the frequency. I verified the OC with 3D Mark (Port Royale and Time Spy Extreme) and went with stable settings. For good measure, I tested other game's benchmarks as well. Then I started Cyberpunk and the game crashed every few minutes, which lead me to decreasing the frequency and since then the game has become stable.

Also, even if you are not overclocking this could point to broken hardware...

There's a HUGE improvement to the driving AI which should've been mentioned in the patch notes. 1.3 added the ability for cars to try to go around you.
It's a pity they haven't mentioned that in the release notes.

Take a leaf out of Watch Dogs Legion, everything Cyberpunk should of been.
Sorry, but the recommendation for CDPR to take a lead out of Watch Dogs, whatever the topic, is just wrong :LOL: I take the release version of Cyberpunk with all it's bugs over that, which is Watch Dogs and its excuse for a story every time, not matter how much polished Watch Dogs is, thank you very much! If CDPR didn't have to work on the story they would have had more time to focus on the rendering engine.

That being said, I know that you are only comparing the engine of these two games, however don't forget that UbiSoft is quite a large studio where all the different locations share assets. CDPR can never operate on this level without probably sacrificing what they are. So, unless you throw a couple of hundred millions at CDPR, it's a bit more difficult for them.

Silky smooth raytrace engine.
And no memory leaks unlike cyberpunk where it gets slower and slower and slower after about an hour of play forcing you to restart the game.
Raytracing is demanding, I'll you that but it also looks astonishing. Personally, I haven't noticed any difference with WatchDogs on that front. This is also the first time I'm hearing something about these supposed memory leaks.

Generally speaking it seems that currently everything regarding Cyberpunk is blown out of proportions, which is also caused by a couple of sensationalist writers. I certainly agree that the game was buggy at launch, especially the console version, but I also think that 1.23 or 1.30 could have been the release version of the game.

Granted, it would not have been the release version in an ideal world, but in my experience it is quite similar to Witcher 3 and some have argued that the latter had roughly an equal amount of bugs when it was released. Also, I've read an article recently about a game's journalist who played CP2077 for the very first time with 1.23/1.30 on PC and he argued that the game is objectively at the level of many other games. However, he did notice bugs much more due to the negative press around Cyberpunk. Every single clipping issue, he noticed even though there is no game without them.

With 1.3 I'd get random enemies attacking without reason, and now with 1.31 I'm getting random 1 Star wanted levels. This has been a issue in completing some of the blue quests. I had to basically run in, grab it and leave.

if next patch remove all junk and garbage from night city streets
we will gain more fps than we have ever imagined

With 1.3 I'd get random enemies attacking without reason,
I kinda like that. I'm wondering if it's not the beginning of some sort of a reputation system. I noticed that it was only Tyger Claws attacking me and those are the types I've been exterminating mostly. I really think you should get randomly attacked on the streets of Night City, it only makes sense. Especially as your street cred goes up, you should be getting attacked more often. There's no way Jotaro doesn't want me dead, I've killed so many of his people.

With 1.3 I'd get random enemies attacking without reason, and now with 1.31 I'm getting random 1 Star wanted levels. This has been a issue in completing some of the blue quests. I had to basically run in, grab it and leave.
Yep, same here. Police and/or gangs attacking out of the blue.
Also NPC's randomly doing duck&cover without any reason. Even arriving in the Aldecaldos camp: I'm suddenly a threat of some kind?
Reported it as a bug.

I must admit that I experienced similar thing yesterday - got attacked by police for no apparent reason (at least I think I didn't commit any crime shortly before). Not saying that it's connected directly to your problem, but there might be something wrong going on after all.

I must admit that I experienced similar thing yesterday - got attacked by police for no apparent reason (at least I think I didn't commit any crime shortly before). Not saying that it's connected directly to your problem, but there might be something wrong going on after all.

I mean, they're smart to shoot V on site... in all seriousness, I was just standing there and it popped up.

Yes this is about the game engine, I love the story but engine wise graphically it falls well short to WD legion. Sure a few well placed screenshots and cyberpunk looks nice, but in motion is a different story compared to other games. My biggest gripe broken missions and cars in the distant driving towards you that disappear. Even though they are not as big as ubisoft this stuff is childsplay for them and still haven't fixed it. Still can't use the elevator on Guinea Pigs side mission which worked before 1.3 patch. The most stable release for me was prior to to 1.23 the only issue I had mission wise was no sound on the news clip with River. But subsequent patches has introduced even more bugs. That said CDP does get back to you when you report something which is great which i'm sure would just sit in a never checked inbox with Ubisoft.

Last edited:
Yes this is about the game engine, I love the story but engine wise graphically it falls well short to WD legion. Sure a few well placed screenshots and cyberpunk looks nice, but in motion is a different story compared to other games. My biggest gripe broken missions and cars in the distant driving towards you that disappear. Even though they are not as big as ubisoft this stuff is childsplay for them and still haven't fixed it. Still can't use the elevator on Guinea Pigs side mission which worked before 1.3 patch. The most stable release for me was prior to to 1.23 the only issue I had mission wise was no sound on the news clip with River. But subsequent patches has introduced even more bugs. That said CDP does get back to you when you report something which is great which i'm sure would just sit in a never checked inbox with Ubisoft.
Sill, I fundamentally disagree with your point of view. As far as I have experienced, Cyberpunk 2077 exceeds the visuals of Watch Dogs Legion and looks better in many cases. Where Cyberpunk 2077 is when it comes to LOD (I count the car thingy as an LOD issue), this is where the RED Engine 4 is currently just bad. I hope this can be fixed. But even with it's shortcoming, Cyberpunk 2077 just looks astonishing. I didn't have this WOW-factor with WD:L.

However, I cannot say much about the bugieness of Cyberpunk 2077 since I have taken a Cyberpunk 2077 hiatus shortly after the start of the summer and I will get back to it once I have finished the new Life is Strange.

As a general note: Now the interact key is rebindable.

The old version of the patch doesn't have this kind of problem at all.

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (4).png

Last edited:
Sill, I fundamentally disagree with your point of view. As far as I have experienced, Cyberpunk 2077 exceeds the visuals of Watch Dogs Legion and looks better in many cases.

It is the photorealism is what impresses me in WD, I have never seen anything in Cyberpunk where you have to stop for a second and think, wow that actually looks real. And when it comes to rain cyberpunk is terrible. Also to get the same quality of reflections to cyberpunk in WDL you don't even need raytracing on where in CP you do and totals your framerate. But as a game the cyberpunk story is much more deep.
Screenshot-273-768x432.png

Watch Dogs has exactly nothing to do with the topic, so please take that discussion to a more suitable thread if you wish to continue it. The topic here is patch 1.31.

Yep, same here. Police and/or gangs attacking out of the blue.
Also NPC's randomly doing duck&cover without any reason. Even arriving in the Aldecaldos camp: I'm suddenly a threat of some kind?
Reported it as a bug.
Are you guys using any mods, or have you used any in the past?

If not, then this sounds like something that should definitely be reported. I'd also include a saved game with it, if possible.

OK - so for those with 50GB updates. Cancel the update, close GOG client then restart GOG and it will magically become an 800Mb update. Problem solved.
Nope. Still 51.05 GB.

Very over this game, especially it's illogical updates
Post automatically merged:

9 months.. and to see everybody still asking for such basic stuff that should have already been in the game from the start.. It's truly quite depressing. When I read:

That really just shows the state that the game is in still.. Why was this ever even a problem? Everyone just wants to see this game to at least be playable, without complete immersion or game breaking bugs in your face constantly, terrible UI and AI.. Stiff driving and an empty world.. I really hope by this time next year this game is at least functioning properly, because I really like the concept of the game it's just terribly presented.

Hope is undiscovered disappointment. Especially with this game.

Last edited:
Are you guys using any mods, or have you used any in the past?

If not, then this sounds like something that should definitely be reported. I'd also include a saved game with it, if possible.
I don't have the game installed anymore (just wanted to check how things are after patch 1.31 more or less). While testing, I might have had the recently famous mod Full Gameplay Rebalance installed, so maybe it caused some issues? On the other hand, I only experienced this strange behaviour two times (one for police and one for tyger claws), so not even sure if it was supposed to be a returning bug, if I decided to keep playing the game.
Thank you for the advice though!

I don't have the game installed anymore (just wanted to check how things are after patch 1.31 more or less). While testing, I might have had the recently famous mod Full Gameplay Rebalance installed, so maybe it caused some issues? On the other hand, I only experienced this strange behaviour two times (one for police and one for tyger claws), so not even sure if it was supposed to be a returning bug, if I decided to keep playing the game.
Thank you for the advice though!
Tough to say. In general, few bugs will be universal. Most will require the player to do certain things a certain way to make them manifest. Even then it can be due to outside conflicts (drivers, wrong API version, etc.) Probably have to just fire it up at some point and see! (Maybe take out some thugs on the way...)

Got few bugs I didn't use to have before, but Im not sure if its 1.3 or 1.31 thats causing them

When talking with Takemura in Tom's diner, the TV has no sound, despite Takemura wanting to listen to it.

When walking to Konpeki Plaza at the start of the heist part, Jackie walks halfway buried inside the floor when entering the elevator for the first time.

Top Bottom