No motorbikes in the traffic!

+
The cars in this game are not simulated when they are driving as traffic. they are floating along a path to make it look like they are driving. It sort of works for cars, most of the time it looks ok. But motorbikes would just look ridiculous using the same system.

I really wish they hadn't gone this route with the traffic AI. its so obvious and immersion breaking. I regularly see vehicles ghosting through map geometry or getting shot into the sky because the car was switched to the physics system for collisions but the path had it partially in the ground.

It also means the cars simply can't go around a blockage :(

Game is bad, bad physics bad immersion. No motorcycles, no rain, skip time 10 hours the NPCs still same like where they were 10 hours ago etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...............................

Game is bad, bad physics bad immersion. No motorcycles, no rain, skip time 10 hours the NPCs still same like where they were 10 hours ago etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...............................
I was playing a while ago and it was raining.

Huh I just noticed this myself in v1.31

Can't believe I didn't spot it before on my first play-through. Yep. It seems V is the only person in Night City who knows how to ride a motorcycle :shrug:

I have rain in my game lots but the rest is true

I completely agree
Post automatically merged:

Huh I just noticed this myself in v1.31

Can't believe I didn't spot it before on my first play-through. Yep. It seems V is the only person in Night City who knows how to ride a motorcycle :shrug:
npcs have motorcycles just to have them, to stand there for V steal

Last edited:
IRL motorbikes are like 0,001% - 0,002% of traffic in big cities. it means, statistically 1-2 motorbikes for every 1000 cars. So I'm not sure how lack of motorbikes riding around breaking immersion is problem at all, because normally you see one per few days, or even weeks. IRL.
Agreed. It's certainly not immersion-breaking enough to be worth changing now (or to even consider it "something that needs fixing"). I went through a complete 157 hour playthrough without noticing at all.

But - I did just notice it on my 2nd playthrough. Mainly I noticed it because bikes are so much more suited for navigating around traffic when travelling. I wondered "huh, why have I never encountered any NPCs weaving through traffic?". I don't use fast travel so much because I enjoy the eye candy whilst riding around (gotta' justify that 3090 somehow) and also I tend to methodically clear zones in Open World games, avoiding progressing to the next until I've completed an area, so I quite rarely need to travel long distances.

Agreed. It's certainly not immersion-breaking enough to be worth changing now (or to even consider it "something that needs fixing"). I went through a complete 157 hour playthrough without noticing at all.

But - I did just notice it on my 2nd playthrough. Mainly I noticed it because bikes are so much more suited for navigating around traffic when travelling. I wondered "huh, why have I never encountered any NPCs weaving through traffic?". I don't use fast travel so much because I enjoy the eye candy whilst riding around (gotta' justify that 3090 somehow) and also I tend to methodically clear zones in Open World games, avoiding progressing to the next until I've completed an area, so I quite rarely need to travel long distances.
Yes, open-world are not always consistent. IRL more cars in cities, worse for motrobikes, but riding bike in game is not same like riding bike IRL. It's pain sometimes to drive car around NC because of traffic, it's less painfull to drive bike, but IRL a lot of cars would be even more pain for motorbikes. Cyberpunk as game would benefit if streets and lanes would be a little bit wider.
If someone is not living in Rome, then it shouldn't be problem.
it's kinda surface level nitpicking. When you go deeper it doesn't look that problematić, if real life is something to compare.
Lack of some buses or taxis (you can see them parked around) around NC is another story, but again not something immersion breaking and not easy to catch by eye.

npcs have motorcycles just to have them, to stand there for V steal
This probably what makes it feel much worse. Particulairly the Tyger Claws and Animals seem to arrive at assault location with their bikes (there'alwys 2 or even more parked) but you never ever see anyone drive one as part of traffic.
If it was 1 every once a while it would be nice to see.
I can see myself go on a 'scavenger hunt' to "find the motorbike driver"

IRL motorbikes are like 0,001% - 0,002% of traffic in big cities. it means, statistically 1-2 motorbikes for every 1000 cars. So I'm not sure how lack of motorbikes riding around breaking immersion is problem at all, because normally you see one per few days, or even weeks. IRL.
True, but when it comes to the game, comparing to the large amount of motorbikes parked all around the city, logic dictates that we should see some of those riding around.

Well it looks OK when Jackie ride his bike after you get the spider robot, when he drives away it looks fine and it is not just a video sequence so i think it is doable for the rest of the AI to.

Basically to get it to rain outside of scripted missions you have to mod the hell out of it. Geoengineering weather mod does the job the developers couldn't. Also they would of been been better off using futuristic hovering cars if they are unable to make wheels make contact with a road lol.

True, but when it comes to the game, comparing to the large amount of motorbikes parked all around the city, logic dictates that we should see some of those riding around.
I made mistake, should be 0,1%, not 0,001%.
And large amount of motorbikes is subjective, 15 motorbikes parked around per city district is not "large amount" for me. I think it's even too high number for most of districts and we talking about map representing city populated by 2-3 milion people.
Like I said it's just surface level nitpicking. Nobody complains about lack of taxis or buses,they also are parked around.
NCPD scans are not most dynamic events, they are just filler for this open world, so placing some bikes here and there, or even cars you won't see driving around it's not really big deal.For examplesome of V cars are unique, you won't see same models of cars driving around citiy.

Basically to get it to rain outside of scripted missions you have to mod the hell out of it. Geoengineering weather mod does the job the developers couldn't. Also they would of been been better off using futuristic hovering cars if they are unable to make wheels make contact with a road lol.
Basically you have to play game long enough (and not even long) to get rain. Nothing wrong with weather system. I've played yesteday, and it rained almost every night in game, so your statement is false. it rains too often for my taste.

Even if it could be cool to see bikes on the road in Night City...
In in a "normal" City (like Paris to quote a random city...), it's way more risky to drive a bike than a car (by a lot).
So in a City like Night City
- Where respecting the highway code is not necessarily the priority. I can't see the NCPD stopping you because you didn't respect a traffic light.
- Where you can get run over without anyone moving nor even that the implied driver stops... (as Tucker Albach in a GIG and Assault in progress).
- Not to mention the risk of taking a stray bullet on a street corner.
I think that for the average citizen, it's out of question to drive a bike... For gang members, maybe, I'm not convainced.

The bikes placed the Assault in Progress or other events, for me, they are simply be here to be "taken" by V if his/her car/bike is "too" far. Nothing more :)
Basically you have to play game long enough (and not even long) to get rain. Nothing wrong with weather system. I've played yesteday, and it rained almost every night in game, so your statement is false. it rains too often for my taste.
Even if it's not the subject, yep, you have to play long enough :)
If it rain 1 time every 2 days in game :
One day ingame equal 3-4 hours RL, so you have to play 6-8 hours for see a rainy day.

Top Bottom