Harvest Of Sorrow - The final card drop of Price Of Power

+
Gord isn't really on topic for the thread, but at least my two cents: Give Gord a negative adrenaline condition so he can't be used as last say, e.g. Adrenaline 1 (or 2): Boost by half the amount of special cards played this match. TBF though, Gord isn't near as bad as double Kolgrim clog.

I love this card. It seems really fun to play with it, with a Devotion that really deserves it's condition. His only presence doubles the amount of handbuff AND seems to make viable a full archetype. For me is really well balanced and I cannot wait to put it in my Aglaïs and Sheldon deck ^^
Of course, it will be best friend with Watcher of the Valley (card that continues to be... at least difficult).

rrc

Forum veteran
Wow! Amazing card!! The devotion makes it soooo tempting and juicy. The strategem which boosts unit in hand by 3 will suddenly become playable. And even Ithlinne seems good now. One card which suddenly makes hand buff seem good and strong. I still feel like we need a bit more help in the patch notes for hand buff and all my Invigorate playing people happy!

I didnt say it was gonna be good :shrug:

Yes, it's filled with anti-synergies. Yes, it will be a nightmare to get Filavandrel handbuffed to 12, unless the remaining ST card to be revealed helps up a lot with this. And yes, Filavandrel is probably overcosted.

I will try to do this on casual, it will probably take me a respectable amount of tries to do so.
But on a long R3, assuming i was able to get Fila to 12 before: play Fran, play waters of brokilon, play call of nature (or other tutor) to play Fila into 2nd WoB, spawns the 3rd WoB, in 3 turns.
The fledgling dryads will be all at 4pt, and elves wont procc em anymore, but with so many engines you can probably get a win with just bronze harmony proccs on the following turns (dwarves, witchers, beast, etc).
Dear @DRK3, I didn't mean any offense or insult about the idea. In fact, I also thought of the same thing, but quickly gave up the thought process as it seemed too anti-synergetic. But if you could pull if off, I think you pretty much guarantee the win (unless the opponent has Igni or Yrden). We can attempt it for the satisfaction it would bring on pulling it off. But to make it work, you should have drawn Fila and boosted him to 11 in R1 and R2 and then put him back in the deck in R3 mulligan while having access to Call Of Forest. Also to protect the Fran, you may need to have played the defender too, otherwise 99% of the time she dies, which makes two procs of harmony wasted, but still 6 engines on board seems too awesome.

One alternate I can think of Fran, WoB, MF->Tempering & Fila@12. I think this is a little bit easier to pull it off as you don't have to mulligan Fila while having the CoF.

Gord could be nerfed and become sort of like NG Enslave. Enslave can yoink a 6 power unit if you have 12 tactics in your deck. Gord can boost himself by 1 for every 2 specials played. That way you cut his ceiling by half. Rather than boosting himself with an average of 15 as he currently does, he boosts himself by 7-9 maximum. That will still make him strong, but at least he won't provide 3 times more value than his provision cost.
This would render him completely useless for SY. This is why making Gord a dual faction card was a mistake. In ST he is broken, in SY he is fine. It is an impossible balancing act between the two factions.
I think they need to remove the dual faction function from him and instead give ST a new more balanced Spell/Nature finisher altogether.
Having a hitman dwarf be the key card in Nature/SpellElf decks does not fit thematically to begin with.

And even Ithlinne seems good now.
Well, if she boost Torque and the random hits, Aglaïs, Sheldon or Watcher (which shouldn't be really difficult with a bit of preparation) she can triple the effect of her boost, so... she becames not only really good, but also indispensable in this archetype. Even Triss Butterflies could be seen... But with her is pure RNG.

Oh boy... My principle SC deck is going to love this card. Gives me a great 4 or 5 card finish to round 3.

DRK3

Forum veteran
But to make it work, you should have drawn Fila and boosted him to 11 in R1 and R2 and then put him back in the deck in R3 mulligan while having access to Call Of Forest. Also to protect the Fran, you may need to have played the defender too, otherwise 99% of the time she dies, which makes two procs of harmony wasted, but still 6 engines on board seems too awesome.

One alternate I can think of Fran, WoB, MF->Tempering & Fila@12. I think this is a little bit easier to pull it off as you don't have to mulligan Fila while having the CoF.

Thank you, i had forgotten the pt boost of CoN which would ruin the strategy, since you need to have him at exactly the provisions you want the specific special, otherwise you're almost sure to get crap options due to probabilities.

I wasnt considering leader because im planning to use it R1 or 2, its the only way to play low tempo like handbuffing and still be able to win those rounds and go for a long R3. (its also what current ST typically does, in order to assure they have last say Gord, which is more valuable than Leaders).

And i will definitely try to do this on week 1 of the sub-expansion release, since more players will be trying new stuff and its less likely to get your combos Heatwaved or removed. Of course this is also dependant on what new cards will be revealed and what's their type.

Torque

Very strong Invigorate support. The devotion is very tempting as you have to give up cards like Syanna and Triss Butterfly. Actually I am asking myself whether a Spellatel Invigorate deck can make sense as all specials mean one less random hand boost target less.

Evaluation: I would give it a 8 out of 10.

It's not autoinclude, though. You only play it in Madoc control, symbiosis, or the new spellatael. It does nothing in any other deck, and it only goes "crazy" in spellatael because of the orb chains.

But yeah, it needs a nerf now - maybe just make it:
Deploy, boost yourself by the number of special cards in your starting deck, so that it maxxes out at 12, or better yet, boost yourself by the number of special cards in BOTH starting decks, just to make it a bit more fun. Maybe make it 8-9p tops. Then we'll be able to play it at any point in the game, and he won't get crazy.

That said, let's not kid ourselves dreaming about this one problematic card being nerfed and "all other units handicapped by it" getting buffed. You guys remember double waters getting nerfed? :D That elk is staying at 9 for at least 2 years. You heard it here first.
yeah I meant it is autoinclude in those decks, which I think is not an overstatement. ofc its not picked in traps for example. but almost all viable ST decks use gord these days.
Post automatically merged:

Here's the first one for today:
View attachment 11255458

The second one will be at 19:00 CEST. Ryan's tweeting daily reveal schedules again.
I think people underestimate the potential of this card. you can boost the first one by 1 or 2 and handbuff the second one to for example 8, playing a 4 strength 4 damage. obviously handbuff is a garbage archetype so far but with future updates this card definitely has potential

This would render him completely useless for SY. This is why making Gord a dual faction card was a mistake. In ST he is broken, in SY he is fine. It is an impossible balancing act between the two factions.
I think they need to remove the dual faction function from him and instead give ST a new more balanced Spell/Nature finisher altogether.
Having a hitman dwarf be the key card in Nature/SpellElf decks does not fit thematically to begin with.
Then it is high time he be removed as a dual faction card. The last time I played Gord in an SY deck was when Congregate leader was strong and I could play him with a lot crimes and the Intimidate package. Ever since then I have never played him in any SY deck nor have I encountered an SY deck that played him.
Post automatically merged:

I think people underestimate the potential of this card. you can boost the first one by 1 or 2 and handbuff the second one to for example 8, playing a 4 strength 4 damage. obviously handbuff is a garbage archetype so far but with future updates this card definitely has potential
I don't see the potential anywhere as there are too many conditions for this bronze card to provide value. The first and most obvious condition is that you need to have both cards in hand to take advantage of the bonded ability and to receive hand-buffs. The second most obvious condition is for the first Watcher to stick on the board long enough to play the second one for the bonded ability.

Future updates might provide more support to make Watcher decent, although I doubt it due to the bonded ability. More support for hand-buff cards won't solve the two conditions I mentioned above.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
There's the VIlgefortz many were hoping for.

I have a feeling that ability will get hate. :p

(The revealer commented on the tweet saying to keep an eye out for the other NG reveals, clearly hinting that at least one will synergise with Vilge here.)

Last edited:
Smart to add this leader skin to the PoP-prebuy-pack, i would not have bought it stand-alone. Well played CDPR.

rrc

Forum veteran
Apart from stealing Oneiro or Jochaim or putting Vypper in opponent's GY, what other crazy stuff can he do? He can steal a thick Melusine, but that is what YenInvo is for.

13P seems too much to me now. We should wait for the all the NG reveals to see if he can point slam with other cards from this set. But initial impression seems too weak for the provision/ability and the amount of point he can generate.

Apart from stealing Oneiro or Jochaim or putting Vypper in opponent's GY, what other crazy stuff can he do?
Swap is too much, copy would have been annoying enough already. This should be 15 prov.

To answer you question, he will steal your opponents fun.

rrc

Forum veteran
Swap is too much, copy would have been annoying enough already. This should be 15 prov.

To answer you question, he will steal your opponents fun.
But how? What other interactions you feel like too much? Stealing AA or BE or any Echo card seems too weak when it can be achieved by Squirrel as they are not going to give you any value.

Melusine, Oneiro, Jochaim, Vypper are the possibilities I can think of and even then there are much cheaper alternative. What it the interaction you dread about this card?

It swaps a card from my GY with a card in their hand, not RNG but choice. So it is double annoying. With oneiro it would be even more annoying. After Vilge: R , my oneiro is in their hand. I won't be getting it back. That's not even close to squirrel. What about yeet? You won't like playing against NG with yeet and oneiro anymore. Devotion?

Top Bottom