Game is too Easy on "Very Hard"

+
Agree with all but hopefully in very hard on furst time around; not unlocked by NG+
If NG+ becomes available I for one will never use it in cyberpunk. But would love the added difficulty and those sugestions
In the end it's CDPR's call and I wrote based on assumption that game studios lock these thing behind NG+ as they perhaps want users to get familiar with game first.

For me the most important thing is that in-game features create possibility to up difficulty without making enemies bullet sponges, which has its fans but also the opposite, for someone like me, there are better things to do in life than shoot some enemy for ~30 minutes. It's something awful LOL.

Totally agree that the main story is too easy. What I don't understand is that even at level 50 a lot of the side missions remain at Moderate difficulty but the main story missions drop to Very Low. If the side missions can somehow remain Moderate why can't the story missions? Even better, if you're playing on the hardest setting then you clearly want a challenge so why not scale the difficulty accordingly?

I also found it interesting that once I got past level 15-20 I was no longer ever hit with cyberhacks so it was easy to slaughter any group of enemies so long as you don't get caught in the open or too close to 2 or 3 of them. Whereas early game it was awesome having to strategise a battle and break line of sight before getting smashed with a quickhack, that element completely disappeared.

Long story short, if you're going to have a very hard difficulty, it should be very hard, especially for the main story missions.

The reason why the game seems easy once past level 25-30 is mainly because the enemies have predefined and fixed levels between 1-5 and 30-35 depending on the neighborhood (no matter your level).
Unlike the items (clothes/weapons) that follow your level up to level 50.
- Red skull: very hard (near impossible)
- Red icon: hard
- Yellow icon: average
- Green: easy

So when you reach the level 30, all the enemies are either at your level or lower (way lower). For example, at level 50, the "strongest" enemies that you can find are at minimum 15 levels under your own level (so all with green icons).

It's the same as if you are at level 15 and are going to attack enemies at City Center... you die in few seconds, whatever the stuffs you could have (1 bullet is generally enough).

So the main quest line is "designed" to be completed at level 20-25 at max (maybe not "Don't Fear The Ripper"). If you do it at level 35+, it's "easy"...
And way more easy if you have legendary clothes full modded, 7K+ armor, legendary weapons also full modded, legendary cyberwares like Second Heart...

Playing a first run on Very Hard with (3 body, 3 reflex, 4 cool), basic cyberware, and starter clothing and the AI does not appear to be developed enough to support such difficulty.

Yes, I died quite more than expected on Automatic Love while learning AI reaction possibilities, but the lack of a roaming AI code made the experience straightforward and mundane. I still liked it and appreciate the design.

I am hoping to see enhanced AI front line aggression paired with a structured flanking system on the (+) Very Hard DLC. If all I have to do to progress on a very hard difficulty is keep a distance, peak, and heal, I at least want a surprise flank to account for half of my flatlines.

Looking forward to the scaled pathing logic update.
Post automatically merged:

For a challenge, go on missions out of order and underpowered. I'm Level 11 on Gimmie Danger and my weapons do little to no damage against all of the swarms in the area. It is hilarious... but leads me to believe a cyberware upgrade will suffice for this run. I'll try no upgrades when I understand how the game works.

Last edited:
GAME IS TOO EASY

The game needs to be as interesting as "Sekiro",
in “Very hard”,
V can be killed in one shot by enemy sniper.And gamer didn't make a preparation in advance,gamer even cant know sniper position
like this.

2077 will become more interesting

not for me, it will be a pain in the @ss

In the end it's CDPR's call and I wrote based on assumption that game studios lock these thing behind NG+ as they perhaps want users to get familiar with game first.

For me the most important thing is that in-game features create possibility to up difficulty without making enemies bullet sponges, which has its fans but also the opposite, for someone like me, there are better things to do in life than shoot some enemy for ~30 minutes. It's something awful LOL.
Yes and I agree. Except cyberpunk is a game I'll always want to start a new underdeveloped character to play this story. But I'd love to have those nerfs to gameplay also. Under very hard difficulty it seems like a good place to be. Or a tick option undergameplay settings

mhm ... I don't know if it was due to early version, or what the hell was that, but I played on Hard since day one. And my experience was that anyone with skull above their head would wipe the floor with me, and I was barely scratching them.

And even with fairly high armor, V at level 50 all sorts of perks unlocked etc. I got killed very easily, in one or two shots basically. I was able to oneshot most enemies using upgraded overwatch, but anything else was as good as throwing pellets at a brick wall. Enemies were absolute bulletsponges, except for when using katana.

If I was designing this, I'd ditch leveling all together. I'd go with hidden system that makes you do things you do, better, more you are doing them (more you sprint faster you sprint with better stamina, more you shoot the faster you reload and handle recoil and are more and more accrate). Informing player about new abillities gained (perks unlocked) instead of letting them choose with mixed result. And I'd set 100 HP for everyone, set damages for each gun model. and differentiate purely based on gear and maybe some simplified skills of enemies, like better precision, reaction time etc.

This just doesn't work very well it feels unfair. If nothing else. It would solve the "too easy" problem aswell. perhaps mod. one day.

, for someone like me, there are better things to do in life than shoot some enemy for ~30 minutes. It's something awful LOL.
Then you must've loved Fallout 3 added albino radscorp and super mutant overlord which got added with the dlc haha.

But seriously though, I also can't really say the game is too easy.
I' currently lv 42 I think, got 600-ish HP, around 500/700 armor, depending on what I wear (I know that is terrible) but even then the valentino area enemies can deplete my health bar with like half or 1/3 at the very least.
Damage output is very high versus life (healthpoints) in general at that point.
Personally I am fine with this balance, because it can make you feel powerful and fragile at the same time.

I have to admit though, I've never tried for incredible amount of armor so I don't know about how much godhood that yields.
But as far as my experience is concerned its not too bad.

My basis here btw is my main Nomad character that I play which is on normal difficulty.

Then you must've loved Fallout 3 added albino radscorp and super mutant overlord which got added with the dlc haha.

I' currently lv 42 I think, got 600-ish HP, around 500/700 armor, depending on what I wear (I know that is terrible) but even then the valentino area enemies can deplete my health bar with like half or 1/3 at the very least.
Personally I am fine with this balance, because it can make you feel powerful and fragile at the same time.

I have to admit though, I've never tried for incredible amount of armor so I don't know about how much godhood that yields.

My basis here btw is my main Nomad character that I play which is on normal difficulty.
I agree, at level 50 (about 500hp), even with 2.5K armor, I could die quite easily... I could say with 2/3 hits (melee who ignore armor, so it's obvious) and 2/3 shots (even less if the dude have an overture or a shotgun or a HMG).

I agree, at level 50 (about 500hp), even with 2.5K armor, I could die quite easily... I could say with 2/3 hits (melee who ignore armor, so it's obvious) and 2/3 shots (even less if the dude have an overture or a shotgun or a HMG).
Yeah, it is rather fun though. Some enemy is lethal with his whatever ranged weapon. And there you are with a sniper and then we play whack-a-mole for a few times :)
HMGs are awesome because of the splashzone!

Been a long time since I played Fallout 3 and I think it might have been some sort of super edition, I certainly remember radscorpions though and other repetitive encounters which with level scaling that started to suck fun out of exploring the wasteland at some point.

But the game I was writing about was Tom Clancy's the Division that I got from sale last year. It turned out to be not my kind of game but I kept going to see how things works in games today but ended up abandoning it after one encounter with enemy that I beat by abusing poor AI system. It was about 28-30 minutes to kill one enemy, I was timing because I was using ladder or roof where AI couldn't follow and reliably land their shots with about max level weapons available to my character and I was bored out of my mind.

I'm very glad that CP 2077 isn't that kind of game. There are things that depends from approach, but say gun play or with melee builds, pace of combat is very fast and brutal. While I'm older guy with poor reaction time I still really appreciate as I can build my characters to sink few hits, then there's that we have mandatory military service where I live and while I'm not that great player, combat in CP 2077 is still something that feels intuitive to me and last but not least, it all makes sense in the setting, in the world of CP 2077 too. For me approach where combat is indeed, again fast and brutal instead of conveying feeling of that by some other method, so even combat encounters contribute towards world building and suspension of disbelief. In couple of my first playthroughs, some battles and that sound, like many triangles playing simultaneously, that's the sound of shell casings hitting concrete or tarmac or similar surface and I could almost smell the powder, remembered that. Clever things this game does.

So in the end it's that I'm going from exploring, conversing, shopping, driving to combat and it doesn't feel like I'm in going into different game when it comes time to shoot or solve problems with a baseball bat and for me that's huge. Bullet sponges and that sort of games, they have right to exists. But it's funny though, I guess they are maybe aimed for casuals like me, I mean grind vs player skill, but they just aren't working for me and frankly, even repulsive. Life's too short to waste or something. LOL

Last edited:
Been a long time since I played Fallout 3 and I think it might have been some sort of super edition, I certainly remember radscorpions though and other repetitive encounters which with level scaling that started to suck fun out of exploring the wasteland at some point.

But the game I was writing about was Tom Clancy's the Division that I got from sale last year. It turned out to be not my kind of game but I kept going to see how things works in games today but ended up abandoning it after one encounter with enemy that I beat by abusing poor AI system. It was about 28-30 minutes to kill one enemy, I was timing because I was using ladder or roof where AI couldn't follow and reliably land their shots with about max level weapons available to my character and I was bored out of my mind.

I'm very glad that CP 2077 isn't that kind of game. There are things that depends from approach, but say gun play or with melee builds, pace of combat is very fast and brutal. While I'm older guy with poor reaction time I still really appreciate as I can build my characters to sink few hits, then there's that we have mandatory military service where I live and while I'm not that great player, combat in CP 2077 is still something that feels intuitive to me and last but not least, it all makes sense in the setting, in the world of CP 2077 too. For me approach where combat is indeed, again fast and brutal instead of conveying feeling of that by some other method, so even combat encounters contribute towards world building and suspension of disbelief. In couple of my first playthroughs, some battles and that sound, like many triangles playing simultaneously, that's the sound of shell casings hitting concrete or tarmac or similar surface and I could almost smell the powder, remembered that. Clever things this game does.

So in the end it's that I'm going from exploring, conversing, shopping, driving to combat and it doesn't feel like I'm in going into different game when it comes time to shoot or solve problems with a baseball bat and for me that's huge. Bullet sponges and that sort of games, they have right to exists. But it's funny though, I guess they are maybe aimed for casuals like me, I mean grind vs player skill, but they just aren't working for me and frankly, even repulsive. Life's too short to waste or something. LOL
:giggle:I'm not blaming you. It has also been like 8 years or so since I last played FO3, but the white-looking radscorp is stapled to memory and burnedbin my eyes as a nightmare.
Not only was that thing a bulletsponge feom hell, but due to its size it was also faster than you even while sprinting (as in, cant get away from it)

I dont know the devision, but your explanation tells me enough.

I also particulairly like Cyberpunks approach and design around how it deals with combat. It feels as you say intuitive and natural overall.
While I may not yet refer to myself as old, I am not a young fortnite crusader either, cant follow that and cant perform that either. (And i'm on console)

I have played Normal and Very Hard.

I felt Normal, well, normal. It's true that when I went pure Comrade Hammer the game started to be easier, but not all builds are super OP.

A hacking build at the beginning it's quite difficult because your deck sucks, you can't buy a decent one for the reputation and you don't have almost RAM. Later hacking becomes almost god mode (fortunately they nerfed some hacks). Sniper rifles are quite powerful too.

I suffer in Very Hard lol. I can manage the first act, but even farming, when you explore other areas in act 2 all I can find are red skulls, or bullet sponges. I mean I can reload 10 times with 12 bullets per magazine to take down a normal enemy!

Also, although my current build is full blast shotgun, I tried to do the Heist sneaking, without investing in sneaking, using Kongou with a silencer, and it takes very little damage -someone said you can take down an enemy with a silenced pistol without investing in perks-. Really? Not in my game.

I don't play pure shooters, I'm not really good at them.

I have played Normal and Very Hard.

I felt Normal, well, normal. It's true that when I went pure Comrade Hammer the game started to be easier, but not all builds are super OP.

A hacking build at the beginning it's quite difficult because your deck sucks, you can't buy a decent one for the reputation and you don't have almost RAM. Later hacking becomes almost god mode (fortunately they nerfed some hacks). Sniper rifles are quite powerful too.

I suffer in Very Hard lol. I can manage the first act, but even farming, when you explore other areas in act 2 all I can find are red skulls, or bullet sponges. I mean I can reload 10 times with 12 bullets per magazine to take down a normal enemy!

Also, although my current build is full blast shotgun, I tried to do the Heist sneaking, without investing in sneaking, using Kongou with a silencer, and it takes very little damage -someone said you can take down an enemy with a silenced pistol without investing in perks-. Really? Not in my game.

I don't play pure shooters, I'm not really good at them.
Aah, the silenced pistol with which you at first attempt a headshot (and thus stealth kill)
Right up to where a headshot isn't headshot in the traditional sense and all of a sudden you stand at near melee range with but a pistol in your hands and the enemy unloads his Carnage shotgun on your ass.

Yes, Cyberpunk can be a bag of surprises that make me burst oit of laughter :)
During my second run I made sure to remeber the Grad... No pistol play! Just a tankgun to teh face:D

Overture (with silencer) is the only one in early game who allow you to "one-shot" (who is required for not alert the other guys around). It have "great" base damages and above all a great headshot bonus (but you must aim the head, it don't work in body).

In the konpeki, you can't have an overture (I think the most powerful is the Yorinobu's one, but it's not enough to "one shot"). So without any specific build/perk, you can't really use gun with silencer in the konpeki (the only way it's "manual" take down with Ping/Optic reboot even if you have the "base" Paraline cyberdeck, it work).

And with red skulls, there are bullet-sponge, they are way too hight level :)

Last edited:
Good to know. Will try that outside Konpeki because I'm in act 2 already.

I mean, I'm not complaining. I was wondering, am I so bad at playing? Although I usually don't care about difficulties, not looking for challenges.

Good to know. Will try that outside Konpeki because I'm in act 2 already.

I mean, I'm not complaining. I was wondering, am I so bad at playing? Although I usually don't care about difficulties, not looking for challenges.
It depends which district ;)
they are all leveled. So I think it's a little like that, northside level 1-10, JapanTown and Pacifica level 10-18, Badlands and Arroyo level 18-25, City Center above level 25.
So if you go in City Center at level 10, you will certainly facing enemies who are 20 levels above you. It could be nearly impossible, you die with one bullet and for enemies, a entire magazine is not enough.
The only way that I found to kill a group of "red skull" enemies is with an Ashura (the one you loot in Royce room during the pickup) and shot them from very very far (as far as the auto-aiming allows). So you can avoid their shots more easily :D

Last edited:
Well yes, Watson and Japantown are good. But I went to Arroyo and they butchered me badly. And don't let me start with the valentinos...

:giggle:I'm not blaming you. It has also been like 8 years or so since I last played FO3, but the white-looking radscorp is stapled to memory and burnedbin my eyes as a nightmare.
Not only was that thing a bulletsponge feom hell, but due to its size it was also faster than you even while sprinting (as in, cant get away from it)

I dont know the devision, but your explanation tells me enough.

I also particulairly like Cyberpunks approach and design around how it deals with combat. It feels as you say intuitive and natural overall.
While I may not yet refer to myself as old, I am not a young fortnite crusader either, cant follow that and cant perform that either. (And i'm on console)
I don't recall radscorpions that stood out from the rest but I remembered one encounter from Fallout 3 that could be used to illustrate something.

I think this happened somewhere on southern side of map. There were some ruins I was heading for some reason and stopped to rest some spot in middle of large rocks. So after rest it was night and from the spot I rested earlier I was eyeing ruins from distance, if there's hostiles in there. There was a sound, wondered what it was but kept inspecting those ruins from distance and then I heard it again. I turned around and was staring radscorpio into its eyes, it was like one meter from me. I managed to survive and even kill it by going around some of the largest rocks there radscorpion couldn't pass over, it had to circle that too and I was able to land shots while circling.

Thing is, this sort of things I guess people love when they pitch their ideas in studios, but there's a but. It was very intense, very dramatic encounter when it happened first time. But then, with enemy design like that, those became just something that ate my bullets and time. So maybe studio came up with fast white radscorpion later to solve problem they themselves created to begin with.

What you wrote, intuitive and natural made me think it's like fluid, which practically means versatility. I don't know what terms they use in the industry. But say Reflex/assault build can use pretty realistic tactics and there was discussion in other topic I wrote about how different kind of assault rifles can be used with different kind of tactics. Builds that aren't that focused on assault may still find M221 Saratoga submachine gun quite useful as back up, it's IMO totally underappreciated weapon. Then at the same time we can have this build firing light machine gun from the hip and actually hitting something. It's wrong in so many ways, standing there being a huge target firing cumbersome weapon that role is most often support, in worst possible way if you mean to hit anything, something so utterly absurd that it's hilarious but it's also great fun!

What that means for difficulty, I think it could be about better cybeware for enemy NPC's and also other counters. There was mention in 1.3 patch notes that CDPR had adjusted reaction times of some enemy NPC's but could they also adjust how often and accurately enemy NPC's can throw a grenade, shortening the period of time player can camp in one spot or if player needs to think tactically about going forward/retreat from cover to cover, type of grenade can be a factor too. More than that, how effectively and fast enemy NPC's could perform pincher moves. Say player character build would be some sort of SWAT build, shotgun, stun baton and SMG, depending from location and situations, Assault/SMG could come very handy in some scenarios like that, gotta take down few first before going to close quarters / effective range of shotgun and baton.

For snipers counter would be that enemy netrunners wouldn't be easy to locate and take out. Enemy NPC reveal location quickhack uploading speed and cooldown (player may have Self-Ice) and once found, more aggressive use of offensive quickhacks.

Fluidity, so to say between story/exploration and combat should IMO always remain on high priority for this game as that's what IMO this game does best and bullet sponges are not guaranteed not to create additional problems anyway.

Top Bottom