Subliminal Message

+
Can someone explain to me when Subliminal Message should work? I'm comparing damage my quickhacks do when I have no Subliminal Message perk and after acquiring two levels of it. What I'm experiencing:
  • I'm using Contagion - the perk works, I'm doing more damage (not the 100% more like the description says, more like 30% more)
  • I'm using Overheat - the perk does not work.
  • I'm using Overheat on one target and Contagion on another - no difference in damage between no perk and having 2 levels of it.

Your "tests" are on targets unaware about your presence ?
Because Overheat does damage on "duration", so maybe enemies are aware about you after the first "damage".
I have never paid attention to that, honestly. But I also could make some tests, it could be interesting :)

Your "tests" are on targets unaware about your presence ?
Because Overheat does damage on "duration", so maybe enemies are aware about you after the first "damage".
I have never paid attention to that, honestly. But I also could make some tests, it could be interesting :)
Yes, they are unaware. I'm starting every hack from the same save game, so I would expect them to work in similar way. I will try to make a video, but I'm going on vacation, so it will be in 2 weeks when it's done.

Yes, they are unaware. I'm starting every hack from the same save game, so I would expect them to work in similar way. I will try to make a video, but I'm going on vacation, so it will be in 2 weeks when it's done.
Ok, have a good holiday, the tests can wait ;)
(I would take a look on my side)

Did the video. In 1.31 it never works for me. Or I misunderstand what an "unaware" target is.

Did the video. In 1.31 it never works for me. Or I misunderstand what an "unaware" target is.
If I look between Overheat, the first hack (without the perk-2:03) and the second hack (with the perk-2:48), the very first damage have been increased.
The guy take damages and yes, they are unaware, he take 50 damages without perk and 100 damages with the perk. But after they are "aware" so damages are the same, about 45-50 each second.

When they said "we'll find you asshole", they are aware. If you could see them on the minimap, they should have a red blinking dot.
White dot : unaware.
Red blinking dot : aware - search mode.
Red dot : aware - in combat.

And contagion is not the best QH for this perk, because it only concern the very first damage, who is quite low with contagion :(

Last edited:
If the "dots" on the map symbolize "awareness", then it takes them quite some time to be aware and still no increase in damage:
What is more, when I made the first post it was patch 1.30 Contagion worked with this perk well, like I described. It only didn't work if it was used after Overheat. In 1.31 doesn't work anymore.

Why I'm asking about it is because I've seen several Contagion Build guides and everyone says Subliminal Message should work with it:

Anyway, like always, you can report it ;)
And for contagion build, it's like all the QHs:
QHs make crit damage, Spread range, Numbers of Spread, QHs damages increase.
And on your character (clothes), 100% crit chance, the highest crit damages bonus possible.
Tetratronic Rippler Mk.4 cyberdeck for the fastest upload speed possible.
With that, aware or not about you, it's "one-shot" every time and death (knockout) for everybody in the area in few secondes. (and subliminal message is useless in this case).

Last edited:
Anyway, like always, you can report it ;)
And for contagion build, it's like all the QHs:
QHs make crit damage, Spread range, Numbers of Spread, QHs damages increase.
And on your character (clothes), 100% crit chance, the highest crit damages bonus possible.
Tetratronic Rippler Mk.4 cyberdeck for the fastest upload speed possible.
With that, aware or not about you, it's "one-shot" every time and death (knockout) for everybody in the area in few secondes. (and subliminal message is useless in this case).
Okay, reported it. Will I get any confirmation, that my submission went through? I've provided my e-mail address, but received no confirmation.

Okay, reported it. Will I get any confirmation, that my submission went through? I've provided my e-mail address, but received no confirmation.
Normally, if you got the message that the report was sent, no problem. You should receive a response from the support "soon" ;)
"soon" : it depends on how much report the support has to process and also if you are the first one to report it (know or unknow bug/problem).

Top Bottom