Point of no return

+

nc_01

Forum regular
I arrived at the point of no return quite early in my gameplay. Since that time I did a lot of gigs, sidejobs etc. Now I am longing a bit for the main story again.
The question is: Can somebody tell me that exactly is blocked after the Point of no return?
The city itself? - I guess not, since it is not the end of the game yet and Act 3 has to happen somewhere.
Jobs from fixers?
Sidejobs? Other things (like cyberpsychos, criminal chronicles, etc)?
Questlines connected to major NPCs (Judy, Panam, River, Kerry - all done)?
I'm just wondering what can I still do and explore in Night City after V enters Embers.
No spoilers please :)

I arrived at the point of no return quite early in my gameplay. Since that time I did a lot of gigs, sidejobs etc. Now I am longing a bit for the main story again.
The question is: Can somebody tell me that exactly is blocked after the Point of no return?
The city itself? - I guess not, since it is not the end of the game yet and Act 3 has to happen somewhere.
Jobs from fixers?
Sidejobs? Other things (like cyberpsychos, criminal chronicles, etc)?
Questlines connected to major NPCs (Judy, Panam, River, Kerry - all done)?
I'm just wondering what can I still do and explore in Night City after V enters Embers.
No spoilers please :)
If you pass the point of "No return", you can no longer return. Either that, or you can decide to play from the beginning again. Unfortunately, there's no New game +, so you would have to do everything anew.

After the point of no return, you have to follow the main quest (the ending that you choose), no free roaming allowed :)

But after finish the game, no problem, you can choose "one more GIGs" when the game ask you. You will return at the point of no return "auto-save". You will keep some items from the endings (but that's all). So if you have some quests/GIGs remaining, you will be able to complete them. If you have completed everything before, no "new" content will appear. But you will be able to explore Night City as before :)

In short, there is no content unlocked by the ending :)

nc_01

Forum regular
After the point of no return, you have to follow the main quest (the ending that you choose), no free roaming allowed :)

But after finish the game, no problem, you can choose "one more GIGs" when the game ask you. You will return at the point of no return "auto-save". You will keep some items from the endings (but that's all). So if you have some quests/GIGs remaining, you will be able to complete them. If you have completed everything before, no "new" content will appear. But you will be able to explore Night City as before :)

In short, there is no content unlocked by the ending :)
Ok, I see. Sounds reasonable. So, I guess, the time has come...
Thanks!

Also be aware, that you reaching point of no return does not necessarily mean you have exhausted the side quests. Some quests continue after 24 hours of ingame time, when character suddenly calls you ready for next phase. Or other side quests become avalible once you finish other ones.

If you reached point of no return after just few hours of playing CP - say 10-12 there is a chance you will miss a ton of content.

I remember How I got phonecalls on my way to Embers. several times =) And I didn't rush thowards the ending. I played it like a STALKER game.

Also be aware that, in contrast to W3 (on the boat into the mist), you will not keep the loot or exp if you decide to continue. Yes, there will be a notification of some reward but everything you've picked up during the final mission is lost.

Cheers Euclid

Also be aware that, in contrast to W3 (on the boat into the mist), you will not keep the loot or exp if you decide to continue. Yes, there will be a notification of some reward but everything you've picked up during the final mission is lost.

Cheers Euclid
Not all the items, all the "random" items yes, you will "lose" them.
But like I said, you will keep some items (the most importants in fact), like Aldecaldos jacket or Cassidy iconic gun :)

The point of no return is where you initiate getting to an ending of the game.

Don't worry, as soon as that is over, you will get a menu that allows you to return back to the NC for more fun.

I am sad AF about all things V goes through.

Top Bottom