Selling vs. scrapping in 1.31

+
If you're playing a build that also crafts, what is your tactic when it comes selling or scrapping items you loot?
I personally have criteria as follows
If the price is lower then presented, I scrap it and if it's higher, I sell it
White weapons: 100€$
Green weapons: 150€$
Blue weapons: 200€$
Purple weapons: 250€$
Legendary weapon: always scrap for legendary materials

White clothing: 100€$
Green clothing: 100€$
Blue clothing: 150€$
Purple clothing: 200€$
Legendary clothing: always scrap for legendary materials

I haven't done any official math so I'm just compiling my gut feeling and what I've gathered from others.

For me it's easy :)

I keep all the legendary items. No way to sell or dismantling them. In view of components cost, it's pretty useless to dismantle them (150 legendary ones for 5-7K eddies...)
I dismantle all items except :
Legendary - all clothes/weapons (and I have plenty, I complete GIGs after level 40 especially for have legendary item in each one).
Epic clothes if they have full mod slots and don't have a legendary version (most of them).
Some weapons with a cool "color" who don't have legendary version (like the mox shotgun)

And for selling, it's only concern weapons, nothing before level 40-50 and all of them (except legendary) if I need money.
At level 50, it's about 600-1200 eddies each weapon.

Last edited:
This applies after the early-game, once I'm happy that random drops aren't going to be superior to what I already have. I dismantle anything & everything non-legendary/non-iconic without even looking at its stats or sell price.

That's unless I see that it contains a legendary mod. In that case I stash it until I have Tech 16 (I just recently got there with my V) and can recover that mod.

I almost never sell anything (apart from those trash consumables which can't be dismantled). The reason is that it's too time-consuming having to frequently visit vendors/drop points. Also, it nets me a huge volume of components. Like, my V (2nd playthrough now) is level 30 and he has north of 17k common components and north of 8k uncommon ones.

I can use those to craft uncommon Nekomata rifles in bulk if I need money (I don't, I'm sitting on 120k eddies right now with nothing to spend them on except vehicles). Alternatively, now I just got to Tech 16 I can use those to craft better components in almost any quantity I want. I'll never be short of high-grade crafting materials for endgame gear.

"SELLING VS. SCRAPPING IN 1.31"

Anything that isn't legendary is sold. Legendarys I don't like, are equally sold. Gotta keep items at a minimum to keep the load times short.

scrap all worthless junk.. scrap greandes I don't use, scrap medikits I don't use, I'll scrap weapons if they are below like £20 sell price. Scrap all clothes except outer torso wear which I sell, as I level, I keep an eye on the clothes and if they start hitting the 100 eddie mark I'll sell rather than DE

buy whatever mats I still need

I upgrade and keep my guns upgraded for around 5 levels after that I look to craft a better version and then will keep the gun for another 5 levels with upgrading

I don't bother crafting clothes, well only rarely and I don't bother upgrading them. I keep mods topped up especially armadillo to maintain a good armour.

I try and use only one mod slot per item of clothing for armadillo, the rest I chuck in crit, crit dam and - damage per round reduction which adds up.

it depends on when in the game we are talking. Early on you need money so I'll usually scrap some weapons(those below 20 € certainly) while selling others. However later in game I scrap most 'white' weapons and sell the more expensive higher tier ones.

I scrap most grenades I dont use and all cheap scrap. I sell the 150 value scrap(too bad they lowered it to 150 as its the one item that makes money early in game).

I often sell guns in gunstores and by blue or epic parts. I make guns, clothing and mods. Armadillo most commonly aswell as crunch for my guns. Too bad I cant make scopes, because I would. I rarely craft to sell. I rarely upgrade items.

I'm fashioncrazy, so I only scrap or sell doubles and have a stash full of clothes. Got to be able to make matching sets.

scrap greandes I don't use, scrap medikits I don't use
Same here. Like the white meds I never use them since the green ones are so plentiful.
As for grenades, I prefer flashbangs, green sticky grenades, blue homing grenades, recon grenades (if I don't have ping) and EMP grenades. The rest I always scrap.
Post automatically merged:

I sell the 150 value scrap(too bad they lowered it to 150 as its the one item that makes money early in game).
Yeah, it's a shame how they nerfed that valuable junk from 750 to 150 in value.

Armadillo and crunch are my favourite mods too in addition to some of those really good legendary clothing mods.

Sell everything until have enough scratch to buy the vehicles I want. Then dismantle everything apart from legendary/special/favourite stuff.
Now in 1.31 I can finally see my favourite weapon being available to craft as Legendary, but I need LvL18 in Tech tree for that :mad:so grinding for attribute points.
Would be amazing to be able to auto-dismantle everything you pick up until certain rarity.

Top Bottom