Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
It certainly feels like a bland shoot'em up and not really an RPG (it's quite a kin to a Far Cry game with some CnC, which - by the way - isn't really a compliment), but I'm not sure it quite sank as low as "void of any real content".
Well, I think you're exaggerating now. Cyberpunk doesn't have that many choice and consequences. :p
To me it's more Borderlands than far cry to be honest. Maybe the last far cry which had levels? Don't know about the loot though.

It certainly feels like a bland shoot'em up and not really an RPG (it's quite a kin to a Far Cry game with some CnC, which - by the way - isn't really a compliment), but I'm not sure it quite sank as low as "void of any real content".
I'd say it's more like the tomb raider reboot series. Good games, but definately not RPG.

Well, I think you're exaggerating now. Cyberpunk doesn't have that many choice and consequences. :p
To me it's more Borderlands than far cry to be honest. Maybe the last far cry which had levels? Don't know about the loot though.

Well, your mil… clip capacity may vary.

To me it’s pretty much the same whether it’s this or that type of shooter.

definately not RPG.

Definitely not.

Okay, enough Is It An RPG or not. Yes, in these forums, it is an RPG. Shocking I know. You are free to have your own opinion, but here at CDPR, Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG. That's what the devs said and what we are sticking with.

This is a thread talking about CDPR's plans to keep improving 2077, not whether it's an RPG or not.

Core Components of the RPG will be updated in some point, we have to keep hoping they will arrive soon.

"A: We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months. "

any official update on any improvement / dlc of what may come ? the only change i see is the roadmap image

Core Components of the RPG will be updated in some point, we have to keep hoping they will arrive soon.

"A: We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months. "

any official update on any improvement / dlc of what may come ? the only change i see is the roadmap image
Not yet. And I'm pretty sure there will be nothing announced until things are well and truly underway with the actual DLC content. For now, focus is pretty much on bug fixing and making tweaks to the mechanical parts of the game.

Very great game and love the efforts CDPR put in the game. I have a request though. Let there be miracle for V please, want JD happy way more than just the "6". 2077 is way far less fairy tail than TW3 but please just make a "happy forever after" one in the expansion. And I wish there was more of JD I beg y'all!

Last edited:
I didn't expect this statement at all. At best, I expected nothing and their commitment to be shown through patches.

Most of it makes me hopeful that CP2077 will someday be the game they originally set out to make. Other parts make me think, this is it.

That first free DLC will definitely set the tone for the coming months.
Just getting back to this, well past summer now, and that "free DLC" was a jacket and another random clothing item I've cared so little about I already forgot what it was. I think this sets the tone just perfectly, that we can't expect much at all, and the game - if it will ever reach a state of completion akin to what was advertised - will only arrive after many years of development. At this point I only have true faith in modders, as CDPR have utterly failed to showcase any meaningful development (or at the very least some transparency in what they're actively working on). Seems like all resources are just being poured into last-gen console fixing and will likely stay like that for a long time. No real attempts at actually improving the core gameplay, no fix / development of AI, no immersive city elements, nothing of the sort that actually made people buy the game in the first place. In the end, the entirety of patch 1.3 and onwards has just been labeled as "we are working on things" - meaning they don't even have any expectations of what they can deliver. If devs aren't given enough resources to make simple roadmap promises, then what incentive do we as players who bought an unfinished product have to put our faith in? And I say this as someone who actually has enjoyed many aspects of CP77. But it isn't what was advertised, not even close. Me somewhat enjoying certain aspects of the game is the only reason I haven't asked for a refund yet, because I believe the game has the fundamental basis to be great - but only as long as the devs are actually handed the resources needed to fix and develop the game as intended in the first place.

Gotta love how greed for last gen console money yet again cripples a potential milestone game. So many compromises, so little reward as a result. CP77 will truly struggle to regain the favor of its players at this pace of development (or lack of it).

Last edited:
Just getting back to this, well past summer now, and that "free DLC" was a jacket and another random clothing item I've cared so little about I already forgot what it was. I think this sets the tone just perfectly, that we can't expect much at all, and the game - if it will ever reach a state of completion akin to what was advertised - will only arrive after many years of development. At this point I only have true faith in modders, as CDPR have utterly failed to showcase any meaningful development (or at the very least some transparency in what they're actively working on). Seems like all resources are just being poured into last-gen console fixing and will likely stay like that for a long time. No real attempts at actually improving the core gameplay, no fix / development of AI, no immersive city elements, nothing of the sort that actually made people buy the game in the first place. In the end, the entirety of patch 1.3 and onwards has just been labeled as "we are working on things" - meaning they don't even have any expectations of what they can deliver. If devs aren't given enough resources to make simple roadmap promises, then what incentive do we as players who bought an unfinished product have to put our faith in? And I say this as someone who actually has enjoyed many aspects of CP77. But it isn't what was advertised, not even close. Me somewhat enjoying certain aspects of the game is the only reason I haven't asked for a refund yet, because I believe the game has the fundamental basis to be great - but only as long as the devs are actually handed the resources needed to fix and develop the game as intended in the first place.

Gotta love how greed for last gen console money yet again cripples a potential milestone game. So many compromises, so little reward as a result. CP77 will truly struggle to regain the favor of its players at this pace of development (or lack of it).
They are following exactly the formula that they originally announced. It's the same, exact approach as TW3:

1.) A bunch of free DLC. These will be small content pieces or minor quests. Just like the various armors for Geralt and Roach and short missions like the Where the Cat and the Wolf Play quest. Nothing huge.

2.) Game Expansions. These will be for sale and will be significant additions to the gameplay. Just like Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Here is where there will be longer quest lines, new characters, new gameplay mechanics, etc.

3.) Some sort of "Complete Edition" of the whole game including everything in one package.

4*.) * Somewhere in there will be the next-gen update which will overhaul the graphics for next-gen consoles and higher-end PCs. This will be a free update for anyone with the game that has the hardware to use it.

As for "improving the gameplay" -- there has been massive work done to correct issues, increase stability and performance, etc. What exactly was expected here? The game is precisely what was advertised. Once again, studios are not responsible for players' suppositions, speculations, or imaginings. Of course, things will be improved wherever they can be, though I can all but promise you that CDPR is not going to go back and rebuild the entire game because some people claim that [ThisGame] has better road traffic or [ThatGame] has better NPC reactions. Games are different.

next-gen update which will overhaul the graphics for next-gen consoles and higher-end PCs.
Wait, nobody has ever mentioned the pc as far as I know. The only next gen things here are the consoles and will receive a graphic update that will most likely fall between a 2060 and a 2070 Nvidia card (for comparison). Don't create wrong expectations :LOL:

The game is precisely what was advertised.
Buddy, you're really reaching here. CDPR made a big deal about immersivity--you and I both know that. I didn't buy on launch because I wanted the advertised experience and the reviews made plain that that wasn't what shipped. Now, almost a year later, I was surprised and disappointed at some glaring immersion-breakers. Some examples: why don't NPCs drive if there's any disruption or obstacle? Why do I see the same unique pedestrian cloned four or five times on a street corner? Why do NPCs that have heard gunfire cower indefinitely? It seems like a placeholder or workaround that was never finished.

These issues are important to me in an RPG--they aren't just non-immersive; they're anti-immersive. And the fact that it's been so long without fixes, or even an official acknowledgement that these items are in an unacceptable state makes me sad and incredulous, and leaves me wondering whether CDPR is still the company we know and love.

They are following exactly the formula that they originally announced. It's the same, exact approach as TW3:

1.) A bunch of free DLC. These will be small content pieces or minor quests. Just like the various armors for Geralt and Roach and short missions like the Where the Cat and the Wolf Play quest. Nothing huge.

2.) Game Expansions. These will be for sale and will be significant additions to the gameplay. Just like Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Here is where there will be longer quest lines, new characters, new gameplay mechanics, etc.

3.) Some sort of "Complete Edition" of the whole game including everything in one package.

4*.) * Somewhere in there will be the next-gen update which will overhaul the graphics for next-gen consoles and higher-end PCs. This will be a free update for anyone with the game that has the hardware to use it.

As for "improving the gameplay" -- there has been massive work done to correct issues, increase stability and performance, etc. What exactly was expected here? The game is precisely what was advertised. Once again, studios are not responsible for players' suppositions, speculations, or imaginings. Of course, things will be improved wherever they can be, though I can all but promise you that CDPR is not going to go back and rebuild the entire game because some people claim that [ThisGame] has better road traffic or [ThatGame] has better NPC reactions. Games are different.

Ok the patches updates etc for playing without bugs and glitches is understandable, but why the hell should I still not hope for more when there is a lot of cut content?! I had bought the game only a month ago because I wanted to play it without glitches and bugs. I knew ,about a year there would be less disruption in the game because of the updates BUT after the end of the story the world in cyberpunk is just so useless there is just nothing to do. There are no car tunings, weapons that at least offer more than just silencers and visors in the attachments, no train stations, realistic Ripperdocs where you do not necessarily go to the menu but as in the trailer a scene is played where something is done in the body. It lacks the apartments that you can buy and change, there are missing scenes where you see your Chracktere from the third perspective so that you at least have the feeling that the clothes bring something in the game. And there is still a lot missing (shooting from the car window as in the trailer, realistic Npcs, a GOOD system of how the police move, chase you etc, dating npcs sex etc as in the gameplay trailer,.........) It may be a good story for many and that makes the game come alive for a short time but an expansion with only missions and nothing else or dlc with jackets, pants etc will not bring me back into the game.
And „games are different“ , no they are not really different. They offered me a product but I didn't get what they promised and that's just a mess to everyone, nobody can talk about it well. Imagine Porsche makes a new car makes 1000 advertisements of it you are hyped like everyone else, buy the car and just see from the outside the optics bombastic like the cyberpunk world but inside it is empty, why ? Because there is no shitty engine in the car, that's why

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

There are no car tunings, weapons that at least offer more than just silencers and visors in the attachments, no train stations, realistic Ripperdocs where you do not necessarily go to the menu but as in the trailer a scene is played where something is done in the body. It lacks the apartments that you can buy and change, there are missing scenes where you see your Chracktere from the third perspective so that you at least have the feeling that the clothes bring something in the game.
All of which was announced to not be in the game 18-6 months before it came out, so... :shrug:

All of which was announced to not be in the game 18-6 months before it came out, so... :shrug:
I don't want to gatekeep feedback but something perhaps worth to note.

It's been a year since launch and there are things that are attributed to marketing, then at the same time it's very obvious that marketing wasn't followed. I still don't understand, how can people follow and not follow at the same time.

I don't know if term "immersive" is academically sound. I do think it's something that is very handy in powerpoint presentation, for gaming press and it's use is very common also at end users end. I question though, if this enables anything really?
  • We are not talking about how long activity loops NPC's have.
  • We are not talking about when, where and what kind activity loops players expect
  • We are not talking about how different people can perceive the same situation very differently. Example: I can go to lunch, place I liked to go tended to be packed and I sort of see people there so I can find empty spot to enjoy my food. Relax, take some coffee... I'm aware that there are other people there doing the same thing but they are somewhere in the background. Now, that's me, not everybody is the same, some people may be far more aware of their surroundings simply because of individual characteristics based on how brains are wired.
This word "immersive" is thrown around but I haven't seen it contributing to feedback where CDPR could figure out different people's different thresholds for their suspension of disbelief, not related to population density in the relevant areas in the Night City.

Use of term "immersive" isn't going away. Yet if using that term has relation towards building better product and user experience is questionable. Have better ideas how to engage in that type of conversations, is something what we should have!

On immersion, here, on reddit, on steam a lot of people seem to be engaged in fantasy projection (the mantra "The Game That Was Promised" is now deployed with the same religious fervour online that I would normally associate with an unhinged cult).

The other day on reddit there was a thread in which a fair number of people complained that fish in a pipe that you have to jump up and zoom in to even see were not properly animated.

I think two things happened here:

1) The marketing started too early and was too scattergun which, coupled with gaming site clickbait about the game being the second coming, led people to project all their desires for a computer game into Cyberpunk.

2) Covid meant people lost all sense of proportion and reason and fantasised about a life simulator.

That won't go away, but the complaints that "all games must do X", with X being some kind of obscure activity that has very little to do with gaming, be it watching your character eat pointlessly, looking at fish you can barely see, full scenes of surgery, etc, are pretty ridiculous (indeed, a lot of these "desirable" features are commonly used to bloat MMOs and are designed to keep you pointlessly trapped in the game for all time because that is how many MMOs make money).

No game has ever done the full sweep of activities that people assert with Cyberpunk are "standard for games" and the number of things that supposedly "break immersion" suggest that these -- apparently very delicate and sensitive -- people should avoid playing computer games for the next hundred years until they are delivered to your brain by a cable and developed over five decades apiece, or stick to Tetris. Every imagined fantasy feature somehow gets labelled "cut content" and the whole farce just perpetuates itself.

There are plenty of problems with the game. There are plenty of specific design elements that could use tweaking or improving. But "the game is not my fantasy game and it is CDPR's fault" is plain irrational and gets us nowhere.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

This word "immersive" is thrown around but I haven't seen it contributing to feedback where CDPR could figure out different people's different thresholds for their suspension of disbelief, not related to population density in the relevant areas in the Night City.

Use of term "immersive" isn't going away. Yet if using that term has relation towards building better product and user experience is questionable. Have better ideas how to engage in that type of conversations, is something what we should have!
The word immersive is not quantifiable nor something that is the same thing for everyone. I can play Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and be immersed, I can play Dirt Rally and be immersed, I can play Microsoft Flight Simulator and be immersed, I can play Kingdom Come: Deliverance and be immersed. I can play The Witcher games and be immersed, I can play Cyberpunk 2077 and be immersed.
What i assume people mean by "immersive" is "interactive". Most immersive city I've seen in videogame before Night City was Paris from AC Unity. Not interactive, but it looks and feels like a real city. That's immersive to me. For someone else immersion comes from causing mayhem and seeing how AI reacts.

The word immersive is not quantifiable nor something that is the same thing for everyone. I can play Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and be immersed, I can play Dirt Rally and be immersed, I can play Microsoft Flight Simulator and be immersed, I can play Kingdom Come: Deliverance and be immersed. I can play The Witcher games and be immersed, I can play Cyberpunk 2077 and be immersed.
What i assume people mean by "immersive" is "interactive". Most immersive city I've seen in videogame before Night City was Paris from AC Unity. Not interactive, but it looks and feels like a real city. That's immersive to me. For someone else immersion comes from causing mayhem and seeing how AI reacts.
Like I wrote, in common usage at end users end, term has no academic value. Groups of people working for certain goal, game studio for example can have internal rules enabling term to have actual substance.

Or: It can enable things in scenario where there's agreement of substance, on other scenario it doesn't enable meaningful examination of possible issues and in worst case it can be weaponized.

It contributes to meta conversation. User 1 describes how lack of car tuning contributes to lack of immersion, then User 2 (that would be me) don't see any relation between suspension of disbelief and game feature that would enable tuning of in-game cars.

Meta conversation side tracks feedback discussion from content that might be valuable information towards better user experience, like examples in my previous post. I hope this is something CDPR would think about too.
2) Covid meant people lost all sense of proportion and reason and fantasised about a life simulator.
Didn't follow marketing but that's something I definitely agree with. But that still leaves on the table how encourage people to leave better feedback. This is also relevant to make forums more active, people don't spend time in social media, if said media doesn't contribute for them to meet their goals. Ultimately, CDPR don't know what sort of quality people expect.

I'm not going to post more about that in this topic, but it's something I think might be worth thinking about.

Top Bottom