Dum Dum shows up when he shouldnt[possible spoilers]

+
I went to the Totentanz and at the front door, Dum Dum stands guard and detects me, after which he goes hostile.
This is quite odd as I took him(and Royce) down at All Foods and sided with Brick. I dont remember that happening in the past. Bug?

The funny part is that all other Maelstrommers hunker down as Dum Dum opens fire while the crowd completely ignores everything.
I'm on the latest patch, for those wondering.

This is Dum Dum and I'm not even doing the raleted mission, I just went there for fun.
2021-04-15_0003_1.png

Here is Maelstrommers being scared rather than attacking
2021-04-15_0007_1.png

And this is me ignoring Dum Dum and playing DJ :D Dum Dum tends to stay within a certain area, he doesnt even follow or shoot when you walk across the dancefloor.
photomode_15042021_000836.png

Did the game forget that I took him down with the new patch?
Anyone else encounter this?

I suppose its not a big deal, if he stays within that area he sticks to I will probably have no problems completing the related quest, I'm not that far yet. But its still weird.

CEAN0

Forum regular
Same here, i tough it was something the dev's had changed because i did just incapacitate Dum-Dum by choking him at Allfoods. So he is now standing at upper floors guarding the doors at Totentanz. I have not approached him yet and will wait until i am doing the mission there, then i will see what happens ;)
(and i have brick alive to)

Last edited:
I love Dum Dums personality and wish we got to experience more of him within the story as an AI companion in a few missions while he gossips about the nihilism of night city during a terrible drug transaction that gets him killed or allows us to save him.

In one of my initial experimental playthroughs, Dum Dum survived All Foods and followed me around for ages (had to actually kill him to get rid of him, because it was clearly a bug since he was incommunicado). I can't remember how that scenario came about (might have choked him out or something). But it seems to suggest that him being some sort of AI companion for a while was envisaged at one time.

Jep1st

Forum regular
I went to Totentanz once (I think in 1.21, maybe 1.3?) after I killed everybody in All Foods but before the quest where you need to go there and as soon as the doorman spotted me, he started that yellow detection against me but I never scanned who the doorman was. I just figured I'm considered an enemy of Maelstrom and thus I'm not allowed inside Totentanz until the actual quest appears. So I left the place before I was spotted.

I went to Totentanz once (I think in 1.21, maybe 1.3?) after I killed everybody in All Foods but before the quest where you need to go there and as soon as the doorman spotted me, he started that yellow detection against me but I never scanned who the doorman was. I just figured I'm considered an enemy of Maelstrom and thus I'm not allowed inside Totentanz until the actual quest appears. So I left the place before I was spotted.
Yep you are (without Brick/Royce alive) :)
You will be very well received by Ofelia Sirawian (Patricia) later.

Jep1st

Forum regular
Yep you are (without Brick/Royce alive)
I always leave Brick alive if go down the hostile route in All Foods. Forgot to mention that in my previous post :)
I have no memory who Ofelia is so I'm guessing she is Brick's/Royce's next in line?

I went to the Totentanz and at the front door, Dum Dum stands guard and detects me, after which he goes hostile.
This is quite odd as I took him(and Royce) down at All Foods and sided with Brick. I dont remember that happening in the past. Bug?

The funny part is that all other Maelstrommers hunker down as Dum Dum opens fire while the crowd completely ignores everything.
I'm on the latest patch, for those wondering.

This is Dum Dum and I'm not even doing the raleted mission, I just went there for fun.
View attachment 11210596
Here is Maelstrommers being scared rather than attacking
View attachment 11210599

And this is me ignoring Dum Dum and playing DJ :D Dum Dum tends to stay within a certain area, he doesnt even follow or shoot when you walk across the dancefloor.
View attachment 11210602

Did the game forget that I took him down with the new patch?
Anyone else encounter this?

I suppose its not a big deal, if he stays within that area he sticks to I will probably have no problems completing the related quest, I'm not that far yet. But its still weird.
Pretty sure this happened to me before 1.31 (probably on 1.23) and I remember thinking I must be going mad but couldn't remember whether I'd actually killed him or knocked him out.

I always leave Brick alive if go down the hostile route in All Foods. Forgot to mention that in my previous post :)
I have no memory who Ofelia is so I'm guessing she is Brick's/Royce's next in line?
Ah ok. When you said "kill everybody", I believe really everybody :)
She the girl who lead you to Brick (if you save him) or she's the "new" boss of the maelstromers (if both Royce/Brick die in All foods). I don't know if she also there if Royce is alive.
Patricia.jpg

Yeah, he shows there and he's all cute and petulant. I am pretty sure I zero'd him during the Flathead deal, but whatever.

But I don't feel like making a mess, so I just sneak my way around him when I want to visit.

Dum Dum: You think I am ... cute? [starts crying]
Dum Dum: You can come in.

Top Bottom