Scoundrel Easter Egg

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I don't know if this was discussed already or someone had already created a post about this, but I just found that the Scoundrel and Hysteria is linked together! When I first saw Scoundrel when it was dropped in last drop, first I thought how can he be a Legendary Witch Hunter and is just killing a deer. When I saw Brute this drop, I thought at least he lives upto his job. But I just read the trivia of The Witchhunter and got to know the role of her and the scoundrel being the wicked cruel a$$***es and the brute is just manipulated to be a killer even though he is a good person at heart.

When I read the trivia, suddenly Scoundrel card made sense.. I thought probably he is killing the deer to setup something to prosecute innocent women. He is actually not a brave or powerful guy, but just a cunning wicked cruel jerk. I have been trying to come up with a Witch Hunter bounty deck and suddenly everything clicked after playing Hysteria card many times. Scoundrel kills the deer and puts that deer on the well and people get hysteria and the favor text says people are thinking that someone poisoned the well (allegedly to do some witchcraft) and hence they put a bounty on someone and attack them.

Nice, right? Anyone knew and realized this?

Scoundrel.jpg
Hysteria.jpg

Amazing flavorful mini story hidden in the cards and the trivia story nodes. Well done CDPR!

You can gather from the card art alone that Octavia Hale is essentially running some kind of extortion/assassination racket posing as a Witch hunter. Although, maybe sometimes she gets a real witch, it doesn't matter. One of her sons is the brute, Ignatius, and the other one is the scoundrel, fabian. The scoundrel is weak but devious, and the brute is dumb but strong. Octavia is a politician of sorts masquerading as a witch hunter, leading the mob, while her sons do the dirty work.

Although, maybe sometimes she gets a real witch, it doesn't matter.
That's the point - they never get real witches or mages. They wander through backward villages, feed on superstitions and mob mentality of locals, and murder innocent people accused of witchcraft. Once they meet a real "witch" (Alissa Henson), their whole facade ends.

rrc

Forum veteran
Yes yes.. I understood the trivia/story behind that family. Even after reading the story nodes, I didn't realise the link between these two card ARTs mainly. Hysteria among the village people is Scoundrel's deed (he kills the deer and puts in the well which causes Hysteria).. that link, that reference (or can I say Easter Egg), I realised later only.

Top Bottom