Continuity issues (1.3)

+
Purpose of this topic is to find issues in story, things that shouldn't happen because player action has made something that makes that impossible. Cybepunk 2077 is very interconnected game, where major NPC's stories and random gang member stories can intersect. So this is not limited to main story only, but all story content in game.

Tracking these down can be difficult and time consuming and very few players play 100% of missions available in game, yet every player can potentially run into issues depending of what jobs they choose to do, so steps to reproduce are important.

• Side job: Sinnerman (continuity bugged, see replies)
  • Side job: Beat the Brat: Glen - Tracking outcome of player choice after winning against César Diego Ruiz

I haven't played game with game version 1.31 so I'm not aware if there's been changes in my example, Sinnerman.

Sidejob: Sinnerman
Issue(s):
1. Adverts for Sinnerman execution media event doesn't disappear even if Sinnerman and person responsible of production are killed by V. Production can't happen, yet event is advertised even after a week or so period after V made production of Sinnerman event impossible.​
2. Character models for NPC's Sinnerman and producer will revert back to state where they appear to be alive after V has eliminated them, showing producer cowering in fear in front seat of car and Sinnerman sitting in the back seat is like nothing has happened even job has been marked as completed and V has had phone conversation with Wakako who confirms that job is completed.​

Steps to reproduce:
Sinnerman and other NPC's involved can be eliminated when their car stops and security guard comes out of vehicle. I recommend relatively high level character (40+), using assault weapons with combination of grenades, eliminating security guard fast and moving to other positions to evade NCDP force attacking the player. After some time V's wanted level will drop and V can return to vehicle. Targets in car can be eliminated by using grenade thrown under car or simply shooting through car windows. After V has eliminated the target (Sinnerman is only job objective) relevant fixer (Wakako) will contact V.​
One place where Sinnerman adverts are can be spotted are displays next to V's apartment building. I don't have solid recollection if Sinnerman adverts stayed in rotation on in-game TV-channels.​

Eliminating Sinnerman is and possibly producer is major decision made by V that as far as in game version 1.3, didn't had impact in game world. This does disrupt player suspension of disbelief and player experience regarding their V's agency (perceived as choice didn't matter).

Platform: Xbox One X

I would appreciate feedback if issues 1 and 2 are still present in game version 1.31.

Side job: Beat the Brat: Glen - Tracking outcome of player choice after winning against César Diego Ruiz​

Game version 1.23: V's lifepath: StreetKid
There's option for player to let César keep both, the reward money and his car. However choosing that option wasn't tracked by game correctly and V get SMS message from César where César thanks V for letting him keep the money but also indicating that V kept took his car, despite player not taking that option and supposed reward car not being available for player.

Game version 1.3: V's lifepath: Corpo
There's option for player to let César keep both, the reward money and his car. However choosing that option wasn't tracked by game correctly and V get SMS message from César where César thanks V for letting him keep the money but also indicating that V kept took his car, despite player not taking that option and supposed reward car not being available for player.

Game version 1.06: V's lifepath: Nomad. Player choice tracked correctly.

Last edited:
Purpose of this topic is to find issues in story, things that shouldn't happen because player action has made something that makes that impossible. Cybepunk 2077 is very interconnected game, where major NPC's stories and random gang member stories can intersect. So this is not limited to main story only, but all story content in game.

Tracking these down can be difficult and time consuming and very few players play 100% of missions available in game, yet every player can potentially run into issues depending of what jobs they choose to do, so steps to reproduce are important.

I haven't played game with game version 1.31 so I'm not aware if there's been changes in my example, Sinnerman.

Issue(s):
1. Adverts for Sinnerman execution media event doesn't disappear even if Sinnerman and person responsible of production are killed by V. Production can't happen, yet event is advertised even after a week or so period after V made production of Sinnerman event impossible.2. Character models for NPC's Sinnerman and producer will revert back to state where they appear to be alive after V has eliminated them, showing producer cowering in fear in front seat of car and Sinnerman sitting in the back seat is like nothing has happened even job has been marked as completed and V has had phone conversation with Wakako who confirms that job is completed.
Steps to reproduce:
Sinnerman and other NPC's involved can be eliminated when their car stops and security guard comes out of vehicle. I recommend relatively high level character (40+), using assault weapons with combination of grenades, eliminating security guard fast and moving to other positions to evade NCDP force attacking the player. After some time V's wanted level will drop and V can return to vehicle. Targets in car can be eliminated by using grenade thrown under car or simply shooting through car windows. After V has eliminated the target (Sinnerman is only job objective) relevant fixer (Wakako) will contact V.One place where Sinnerman adverts are can be spotted are displays next to V's apartment building. I don't have solid recollection if Sinnerman adverts stayed in rotation on in-game TV-channels.
Eliminating Sinnerman is and possibly producer is major decision made by V that as far as in game version 1.3, didn't had impact in game world. This does disrupt player suspension of disbelief and player experience regarding their V's agency (perceived as choice didn't matter).

I would appreciate feedback if issues 1 and 2 are still present in game version 1.31.
I think I could try it very soon. I will not keep this "end result", but it's right at the start of the quest, so easy to test :)
(and if I remember, there is also a giant screen with "The Passion" on it, right in frant of the Megabuilding H8 entrance (The Clouds one).

Please try verify if killing Woodman on first V's visit into Clouds will make him dead :) ... last time I played I needed to kill him twice for this to happen :)

Its not a bug. I guess most People knock him out thinking he is dead. And then is co fusion moment when they figure out that he still works in clouds.
Thought about that it might be knock out instead of killed but need someone to confirm that. This is topic for that.

Issue(s):
1. Adverts for Sinnerman execution media event doesn't disappear even if Sinnerman and person responsible of production are killed by V. Production can't happen, yet event is advertised even after a week or so period after V made production of Sinnerman event impossible.2. Character models for NPC's Sinnerman and producer will revert back to state where they appear to be alive after V has eliminated them, showing producer cowering in fear in front seat of car and Sinnerman sitting in the back seat is like nothing has happened even job has been marked as completed and V has had phone conversation with Wakako who confirms that job is completed.
Steps to reproduce:
Sinnerman and other NPC's involved can be eliminated when their car stops and security guard comes out of vehicle. I recommend relatively high level character (40+), using assault weapons with combination of grenades, eliminating security guard fast and moving to other positions to evade NCDP force attacking the player. After some time V's wanted level will drop and V can return to vehicle. Targets in car can be eliminated by using grenade thrown under car or simply shooting through car windows. After V has eliminated the target (Sinnerman is only job objective) relevant fixer (Wakako) will contact V.One place where Sinnerman adverts are can be spotted are displays next to V's apartment building. I don't have solid recollection if Sinnerman adverts stayed in rotation on in-game TV-channels.
This if I might guess (debug engineer hat on) is an issue not in the open-world update but the testing understimated player persistance... is quite edge case if you think about it: you need high level, then you have a wanted level (there aren´t many quests that put a wanted level I think, Kerry's sidequest I think?) that seems to be put on purpose to kill the player and you "run" from it instead of dying,reloading and trying another path... not sure how many players actually seen that inconsistency. My bet, is that actually they weren't expecting you to succeed (so its fault on testing side for not killing straight away the player) but they didn´t dare to put a clear invisible wall in the quest (like invulnerable officer that one shots you).

This if I might guess (debug engineer hat on) is an issue not in the open-world update but the testing understimated player persistance... is quite edge case if you think about it: you need high level, then you have a wanted level (there aren´t many quests that put a wanted level I think, Kerry's sidequest I think?) that seems to be put on purpose to kill the player and you "run" from it instead of dying,reloading and trying another path... not sure how many players actually seen that inconsistency. My bet, is that actually they weren't expecting you to succeed (so its fault on testing side for not killing straight away the player) but they didn´t dare to put a clear invisible wall in the quest (like invulnerable officer that one shots you).
Would be terrible design if they did. For me Sinnerman is one of the better stories in game, but not everybody want to go through that multiple times. There's hardly any eddies, no skill experience AFAIK. Yet Wakako iniatiates the job, and job is a job.

It's not that uncommon to complete job that way. This continuity issue was discussed as early as in Jan or Feb on these forums, it's just that I got to track this much later.

To be clear, job works with 3 kinds of solution. Go with it, eliminate the target, or skip it. Leave other solutions out and outcome would be that users had very legit complaint about job being on rails. It wouldn't solve anything, but create another problem.

Would be terrible design if they did. For me Sinnerman is one of the better stories in game, but not everybody want to go through that multiple times. There's hardly any eddies, no skill experience AFAIK. Yet Wakako iniatiates the job, and job is a job.

It's not that uncommon to complete job that way. This continuity issue was discussed as early as in Jan or Feb on these forums, it's just that I got to track this much later.

To be clear, job works with 3 kinds of solution. Go with it, eliminate the target, or skip it. Leave other solutions out and outcome would be that users had very legit complaint about job being on rails. It wouldn't solve anything, but create another problem.

I don't disagree, it would be better if you have full option...but is a sidequest hided as a gig. I cannot claim that is how i say, but really looks to me as an edge case not catched in play tesring.

I don't disagree, it would be better if you have full option...but is a sidequest hided as a gig. I cannot claim that is how i say, but really looks to me as an edge case not catched in play tesring.
Here is what edge case looks like to me.

Wakako calls trigger like they should after eliminating Sinnerman in car and then there's even variation for killing Sinnerman, it's huge challenge but Bill Jablonksy can be saved. So I'm not buying your interpretation.

But this all really is useless meta not related to contributing better player experience, so what's your goal here?

Here is what edge case looks like to me.

Wakako calls trigger like they should after eliminating Sinnerman in car and then there's even variation for killing Sinnerman, it's huge challenge but Bill Jablonksy can be saved. So I'm not buying your interpretation.

But this all really is useless meta not related to contributing better player experience, so what's your goal here?
Not a goal, I mean if they can solve the open world for me is not a problem.
But just pointing, that I'm sure 90% players didn´t saw that dissonance... the game at some point (level) is broken, and for me many stuff seems to be caused by not proper player testing-which in any open world game, is simply impossible-...
I mean, you can one shoot the final boss if you level properly (didn´t try at latest patch though).
That Wakako gives you a reward I don´t know how they coded the stuff, if they used "standard gig delivery system" it will trigger i guess.

So, test in progress :)
(It's very weird for me to do this quest in this way...)

Edit : I think I will try with a katana, if a "piece" of Joshua is missing, he's sure to be dead :D
Post automatically merged:

More difficult than I was expected, I'm level 50, about 2K armor, Vasquez is pretty damn strong. So I die a lot, either by Vasquez, either by the first drone o_O
The "Easier" way, on my case, it's with Katana - Satori (I tried with a Grad/Shotgun both legendary and fully upgraded)
In view of the blood around them, they are dead no doubt.
2da898ff-2f41-4183-838d-07cd61890246.PNG24a3c64b-fb95-4824-8f7a-b1091809cf5c.PNG
I try with grenades, but if I don't wait that Joshua get out the car, it's impossible to kill him, the car is invulnerable (more than 10 grenades/frag on it, nothing...) And I can't facing cops, so the quest fail obviously :)

So if you kill Joshua in that way, you have to call Wakako and she "reward" you with 5K eddies. After, I have left the area (far enough) and came back later (skip time 24H). No cars/trucks but the blood and Bill still there. After skipping 24H a lot (more than 10 times), I go to see if people still there at the entrance of the studio (and they are). The same for the advertisings. Maybe I should try after few quests, but I don't want to keep Joshua dead in this way in my save and above all, I don't think it could change anything.
d1722a99-35b1-41c9-b3e8-a4c6c2caeac0.PNGe9dd1580-0eea-4135-ac14-b279bc99ac3b.PNG3a46dd2c-7696-4dbb-a087-9bb4c2760132.PNG

Last edited:
More difficult than I was expected, I'm level 50, about 2K armor, Vasquez is pretty damn strong. So I die a lot, either by Vasquez, either by the first drone o_O
The "Easier" way, on my case, it's with Katana - Satori (I tried with a Grad/Shotgun both legendary and fully upgraded)
In view of the blood around them, they are dead no doubt.
2da898ff-2f41-4183-838d-07cd61890246.PNG 24a3c64b-fb95-4824-8f7a-b1091809cf5c.PNG
I try with grenades, but if I don't wait that Joshua get out the car, it's impossible to kill him, the car is invulnerable (more than 10 grenades/frag on it, nothing...) And I can't facing cops, so the quest fail obviously :)

So if you kill Joshua in that way, you have to call Wakako and she "reward" you with 5K eddies. After, I have left the area (far enough) and came back later (skip time 24H). No cars/trucks but the blood and Bill still there. After skipping 24H a lot (more than 10 times), I go to see if people still there at the entrance of the studio (and they are). The same for the advertisings. Maybe I should try after few quests, but I don't want to keep Joshua dead in this way in my save and above all, I don't think it could change anything.
I think throwing grenades under their car may not work with 1.3. It did IIRC in 1.23 but on my 1.3 run I just shot them trough car windows. I had Tech weapon in inventory just in case, but it turned out that Ajax did the job just fine. Maybe there has been further changes not mentioned in patch notes for 1.31, that is important! though. Also in sense that for what I have read, there are players who do this just for the challenge.

The continuity, I don't think things even could happen immediately, but after a day or two, maybe even a week after eliminating Sinnerman. It really depends in what sort of event changing add rotation and that can be associated. I don't think demonstrators near studio are there for ever, it's just about making that crowd disappear also in case Sinnerman is eliminated earlier. For adverts in game world, game can load different pieces depending (like Dr. Paradox) in different stage of game, in this case it would be finding an opportunity to not add but drop or replace them with something else, that could be something as simple as just playing some other standard advert in their place. Could trigger for that be tied for something like next time V sleeps I don't know, CDPR's part to figure that out. :p
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, it was V calling Wakako and not other way around, anyway, it's legit way to complete it.

Think you may have quite few saves for different V's but if you still have this save, could you try sleeping? That would just be to outrule that there's trigger (AFAIK there's not) and after we know this can be filed as bug.

Did you tried that gun which shots naturally through obstacles? … it worked for me in previous run, he died nicely when sit in that police car (sorry, don’t remember weapon name, may look later)

edit: Buzzsaw it was
Honestly, when the fight start, I could die way too fast, I haven't really the time to "think". But yeah, maybe with Buzzsaw or a simple tech weapon, it could work.
But it's way more easy to wait that he get out of the car. He kneels "stupidly" to pray and awaits his death :)

Think you may have quite few saves for different V's but if you still have this save, could you try sleeping? That would just be to outrule that there's trigger (AFAIK there's not) and after we know this can be filed as bug.
I have only two, my last Nomad and this one, but I can. I already reloaded before doing this quest. So I can try to sleep, no problem ;)

Updated OP:

Side job: Beat the Brat: Glen - Tracking outcome of player choice after winning against César Diego Ruiz​

Game version 1.23: V's background: StreetKid

Game version 1.3: V's background: Corpo

Game version 1.06: V's background: Nomad. Player chose tracked correctly.

I have no information if this has been fixed in 1.31? Feedback appreciated. As this issue might have something to do with V's background, I could take one of backgrounds for test run if required.

Do we know at which event or if it's time passed in-game triggers the SMS from César to provide steps how to provide steps for testing?

Corpo :)
It seem to be "good" to see if it's fix or the "bug" still there.
I wait for a while to see if anyone close enough with game in progress is going to show up and then pick accordingly.

For Sinnerman, what sort of result you got if you tried sleeping after eliminating Sinnerman? Did demonstration still got loaded in game world etc?

Top Bottom