Your Witcher 3 upgrade wishlist?

+
Most likely it will be DX12 because of the Xbox Series X and because it's going to have Ray Tracing and DLSS 2.0 on PC. It's likely part of the reason it's taking some time because converting a DX11 game engine to DX12 is no simple task (Just ask Ubisoft who has mucked it up for AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion and from what I'm hearing Far Cry 6 too)

My wish is that it comes out before mid-November before the holidays so I have the time to play and record it.

Not looking good for that happening ......

Hello I'm redoing tw2 (I skipped 1 the graphics I really can't // I saw however the cutscene and the 4h movie on youtube for the story)

at the time I had done it on ps4

I have a nice PC with a nice screen and I'm wondering if I still want to play it or if I want to mod it like I did for Tw2 (texture pack + shaders which makes the game very nice besides having a great story)

In your opinion the remastered version will really be more beautiful than the full mod version ?

I'm really looking forward to it

help

(ps no i won't have the faith to do 2x tw3 i'm going to clean it at 100% in max difficulty directly (i enjoyed dying several times against the wolves at the beginning at the time ahahaha but once you're well stuffed it's already more fun and you've got a better survival especially since i played axi + kitting issou)

Hello I'm redoing tw2 (I skipped 1 the graphics I really can't // I saw however the cutscene and the 4h movie on youtube for the story)

at the time I had done it on ps4

I have a nice PC with a nice screen and I'm wondering if I still want to play it or if I want to mod it like I did for Tw2 (texture pack + shaders which makes the game very nice besides having a great story)

In your opinion the remastered version will really be more beautiful than the full mod version ?

I'm really looking forward to it

help

(ps no i won't have the faith to do 2x tw3 i'm going to clean it at 100% in max difficulty directly (i enjoyed dying several times against the wolves at the beginning at the time ahahaha but once you're well stuffed it's already more fun and you've got a better survival especially since i played axi + kitting issou)

I used several mods when I played it back in June. One that I would highly recommend is AI Upscaled Textures using all three files in the Main section. I also used some character texture upgrades for Geralt and Triss which are the first 3 files in the Miscellaneous section. There were also some QoL mods I used but I don't remember what they were offhand and couple of them I had to combine manually which I wouldn't recommend unless you have experience modding games since there is no script merger app like we have for Witcher 3. There is only so much you can do with Witcher 2 because it is a 32 bit game engine which means you only can access a total of 4 GB memory and that includes system RAM and VRAM combined

I used several mods when I played it back in June. One that I would highly recommend is AI Upscaled Textures using all three files in the Main section. I also used some character texture upgrades for Geralt and Triss which are the first 3 files in the Miscellaneous section. There were also some QoL mods I used but I don't remember what they were offhand and couple of them I had to combine manually which I wouldn't recommend unless you have experience modding games since there is no script merger app like we have for Witcher 3. There is only so much you can do with Witcher 2 because it is a 32 bit game engine which means you only can access a total of 4 GB memory and that includes system RAM and VRAM combined

i speaked for the tw3 / Have already mod tw2 before play

i speaked for the tw3 / Have already mod tw2 before play
Then I would recommend this Mod List

If you follow it step by step it is almost foolproof and it looks fantastic as the short YouTube playlist illustrates ... These were done on an RTX 2080 Super Seahawk X @ 1440p

Not sure if this was mentioned already as I didn't read every comment. I would like to see a picture mode added to TW3 to take and share awesome screen shots. Maybe even have some filters we can apply as well as other features.

similar to what bethesda is doing but perhaps a little less pricey, i want mods to be incorporated and refined with CDPR modders have done a lot of work remastering witcher 3 so it'll only add to the quality, allowing CDPR to refine other things instead of covering whats already been fixed/improved all on their own

Oh, I was waiting for this question soo much, from what I've heard it's only gonna be a graphical improvement and not much else like a enchanted and expended edittion, but I'm still gonna say my wishes.

I don't even know how to start(I hope what I wrote right now, it's gonna be useful for someone)

1) More romance options
i know...I know... everyone is talking about this, but come on, what is Witcher without romances right? In the first Witcher game are a lot of them like a very lot, in the Witcher 2 are still a lot more that are in the Witcher 3, and this is not good, it's killing the vibe and the immersion
For example there are 8(7) main romance options not including the brothels
Kiera, Triss, Yennefer, Yennefer again, Sasha, Jutta, Shani and Syanna and that's it, like really? Sooo many missed opportunities, in The Witcher 1, Geralt almost sleep's with every girl he meets(i'm serious) but in the Witcher 3 not soo much(i understand in the Witcher 3 is much older but come on he's still very good looking). Romances like Triss and Yennefer, You can't romance both, and that suck in a way, I know if you romance both of them, they are gonna trick you and are gonna leave you alone. I really wanted in this game to be able to romance Fringilla Vigo, but the game dosen't give you the option, In the books she's such in love with Geralt, but in the game she almost have a decent role, just to help to catch Eredin in a trap and the story with her it's over sadly. Geralt and Fringilla Vigo in Toussaint memories it would be cool

Characters like Yoanna or Rosa var attre or Tomira or Anna Henrietta, etc. there are soo many, I know this types of encounters make the game more realistic, but it's a game and I don't wanna have limits in this direction

2) Missed quests, failed missions or failed objectives
For a man with ''OCD'' this game is Pain sometimes, for a white i tought I'm doing something wrong, or i've missed something but some quests are just made to be failed, thouse red marks in the quest tab give me epilepsy
epilepsy. Quests like The Woodland Spirit, or Don't let Ciri to hit you with snowballs, because I want to let her win, or The Oxenfurt Drunk or the Gangs of Novigrad because i don't want to help Clever or because i don't find the other way to enter in the some other place etc. etc. etc.
This really needs a fix in the next update, but who knows....

3) Bugs
This one it dosen't bother me so much, Witcher 3 is a very huge game in every way, and i understand the bugs can be here and there, but there are still many of them who really needs a fix

4) The loot and the level up mechanics
This really needs improvements, I'm not gonna enter in to the details, because most of the players know what I'm talking about.

5) The end of Blood and Wine
Soo let's say that you get the best ending possible in evey quest in the game everyone survives, everyone is happy, I would love to be able to get for example the Yennefer ending and In the in the Blood and Wine to have Ciri and Yennefer or Ciri and Triss at home, like a familly it would be cute and cool ngl

6) Extended Ciri and Yennefer reunion, it just my opinion, I think they have such a small reunion just a hug and that's it, i would love to have much more family moments but maybe is just me

7) I want Iovreth in the Witcher 3, it was such a cool character in the Witcher 2 and shame that in the Witcher 3 is inexistent, a quest maybe or a meeting maybe

8) A mod support would be cool, the mods community for this game is huge

9) Combat and mechanics improvements, they are good but they could use

This is such a huge opportunity for the DEVS to make the game even better
I agree with the others Ideas for the next gen update form the comments

I have huge respect for CDPR for creating one of the best( for me it's the best game that I have ever played), I'm sure a lot of players have maybe other wishes.
For me my wishes would make the game beyond perfect, The Witcher 3 is a game that CDPR would never leave him alone, because it's simple a True Masterpiece

I hope CDPR it's gonna listen to their community and take their chance to improve the game even more.

Thank you! <3

At this point we all know what has happened with CP2077. The famous 48 minute trailer hoax. I just hope now that they take this next gen update seriously. They would have a monstrous uprising if they mess up TW3.

SO I STILL PLAY WITCHER 3. I REALLY REALLY LOVE THE GAME. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW UPGRADE. WHICH I HOPE THEY CAN MAKE IT EASIER TO FAST TRAVEL. INSTEAD OF GOING TO A CERTAIN POINT TO ACTIVATE FAST TRAVEL IT WOULD BE REALLY NICE IF WE CAN JUST PULL UP THE MAP AND JUST FAST TRAVEL TO ANY FAST TRAVEL POINT YOU CAN OR WANT TO GO TO. LIKE FOR INSTANCE DESTINY 2 YOU CAN FAST TRAVEL FROM WHERE EVER YOUBATE. FOR SOMEONE WHO BEAT IT 4 TIMES ALREADY WITH ALL THE DLC, THAT WAS MY ONLY PROBLEM, NOT A REALLY BIG DEAL BUT IT IS A BIG TIME SAVER. BUT OVERALL IT IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE GAME.

One of my pet peeves was that I couldn't enable subtitles only for non-engish parts like Elvish/Nilfgaardian/Troll. This mod was great but not perfect as the couldn't enable it for Trolls: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1048/?tab=posts&BH=0

I'd love to see this option implemented in the remaster as I much prefer to play with subtitles off as it increases immersion, but still want to know what is being said in the non-english parts.

One of my pet peeves was that I couldn't enable subtitles only for non-engish parts like Elvish/Nilfgaardian/Troll. This mod was great but not perfect as the couldn't enable it for Trolls: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1048/?tab=posts&BH=0

I'd love to see this option implemented in the remaster as I much prefer to play with subtitles off as it increases immersion, but still want to know what is being said in the non-english parts.
I have good hopes this feature it will be add in the "next-gen update", knowing it's already implemented and work well in Cyberpunk ;)

Let us change the controls!

And on the PC that means, let us change the controls of the controller (since the keyboard/mouse could already be changed.) Then again, some of the buttons on the keyboard can't be changed, you still need to go into the ini file to do that; so let us change it fully!

Seriously; holding a trigger button, who thought that was a good idea? I had a sore finger in less than half an hour and switched to keyboard and mouse.

Also, fix some of the context sensitive issues with the controls on the keyboard; for information on an object the standard button is 'I', however this is also the button for "inventory". There's plenty of other buttons including on the controller that do double duty, and the game accurate understands the context and which use of the button you want; but not that 'I' instead of the information it would bring up the inventory screen. I remember this specifically because you use it often, and so I had a controller nearby and used its button for information to get the information.

My wish for the next gen upgrade for Witcher 3?

please don t make any changes to characters, quest, story/writing, events or the world as it is now in Witcher 3
just bring in some more graphic fidelity and perhaps better particle / physic approach as well as better NPC
routines? Thats is what i wish for

To finally see some gameplay of the next gen version would be nice. I'm already expecting the news, that the release is delayed to april.

Yeah I would definitely like to see changes to the game controller setup, for instance using the left bumper as a "shift" to use alternative uses for the 4 main buttons. Basically the way AC Odyssey uses the left bumper and the 4 buttons to change abilities on the fly only in Witcher 3 use it to trigger your Witcher Signs .... The way it works now with the janky wheel setup means I usually just set it to Quen and leave it there 95% of the time. At one time I made a custom mod that set it up that way but a couple of years ago one of the camera mods I use broke it and I never could get a manual merge of the file to work so the last 2 times I played I just ended up using the standard setup.

One thing I'm hoping for, and for as long as it is taking I believe it may happen is higher poly counts on the character model meshes .... It just annoys me to see bald heads shoulders, boobs and bare butts with straight lines noticeable instead of a smooth curve. I have a ton of high poly Mods for Skyrim and it really makes a big difference

Top Bottom