The start of play

+
The start of play

hi ....i have that problem that if im trying to play after the 2.0 patch .... the game starts ...yes...

but after all the view of the compenys thad made the game ....nothing happends ...BLACK window ....
the game stops to respond .... and YET after the 2.1 patch ... its the same.....
the last thing that i can say is tha my computer is no good becuse he is BRAND NEW ....

what can I DO ....
need your help guys ....

Sadly, there are many new computers that are not capable of playing this game. More important than how new it is, does it meet the minimum hardware requirements?

The graphics card is the most important, and an inadequate graphics card is the usual reason why the game will not display.

In nVidia cards, you pretty much need an 8600, 9500, 120, 220, 315, 420, or 520 (or their mobile equivalent) just to get the game to come up and play at all.

In AMD/ATI cards, that's a 2900, 3850, 4650, 5550, or 6570 (or their mobile equivalent).

If you are stuck with an Intel GPU, you're out of luck.

i have ATI 6950 2 G and my pc is just 2 days old .....
again ....its starts but after that componys ....ther is a black windown
and in the task maneger its sais "not responding"....

You might try opening the CCC and check to make sure everything possible is set to application controlled .

guytuvia said:
tommy ... i didnt understand you.... can you repit it ?! please
Open Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and there should be a settings page probably listed as 3D settings or something similar with several settings that you can change . Make sure they are set to application controlled .

This game does not get along well with forced anti-aliasing (AA) or anisotropic filtering (AF). A common sign that your system has forced AA or AF is a black screen or a background with nothing on it when the game starts up. You have to tell the graphics card not to do that.

Catalyst Control Center (CCC) is the application that controls the AMD graphics card. If you right-click on your desktop, you should get a popup menu that has "Catalyst Control Center" at the top. Click on that, give it a few seconds to start up, and you'll get CCC running.

If you cannot find CCC, then whoever did the operating system and driver setup on your computer didn't finish the job; then you'll have to go to AMD's Web site to get the current drivers and CCC.

If the title bar says "Catalyst Control Center - Basic", you need to switch to Advanced mode. Click the button at the bottom that says "Advanced..." to do this.

There should be a tab that says "Graphics Settings", and under that tab, there should be a line that says "3D". Open it (click on the little "+" to the left of it), and you will get a menu that looks like
Standard Settings
Anti-Aliasing
Anti-Aliasing Mode
Anisotropic Filtering
Mipmap Detail Level
All Settings

Click "All Settings". Now you'll see a number of boxes; the first two should be "Anti-Aliasing" and "Anisotropic Filtering". For both of these, make sure "Use application settings" is checked. If either one isn't, click it to make it checked.

Then click "OK", and retry the game.

thanks guy ....i changed it ....but still nothing.....its starts ....but still
"not respondig"
thank you for heip me :)

Are you overclocking your video card ? even factory overclocked would be included in this question as well .

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ifix it myself guys!!!!!!!!!
there were some files at my documents ..... i dlted them and vula !!!!! :)))
thank alot for trying to help my !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO I SAW IN THE faq IN THIS SITE that if ther are erors in the " THE WIICHER" no the witcher 2
save games ther culd be a problem
than i remeber that i put my save game after i recover them from my HDD
becuse i delet by maystyck my saves ... so ... that was the problem
dont try to ander stand my mutch becuse my english not so got ....

listen ... ?!
is ther a way that we can play online somhow... ?!
like....i see when you on line and we can play together ... and i will try to cick your ass

....i think it will be the oposit way ha... ?! :)
well...again friens guy and tommy ... thank you very mutch :)
and good luck at the arena !!!

P.S ... i have a cupon fore the roche commando jacker ... it said that i need to put it in the "luncher" ..??!!

nothing there ....where ... in if ...(hope tha didnd delet that option) "downloadable content" tab ?! O_0

guytuvia said:
P.S ... i have a cupon fore the roche commando jacker ... it said that i need to put it in the "luncher" ..??!!

nothing there ....where ... in if ...(hope tha didnd delet that option) "downloadable content" tab ?! O_0

Just download the patches from the link http://en.thewitcher.com/support/ . All DLC like the commando jacket are free with the patches no key required .
I do not recommend the 2.1 patch (do not get) but do update to the 2.0 patch

guytuvia said:
i did dowload the 2.1 becuse its allway POPS UP ...anoing ....
Y ?? not ??!!

2.1 has caused some issues with the game starting . But if you installed 2.1 and the game starts then there is no problem at all which means everything installed fine . Enjoy the game .

Top Bottom