[Bored] Predicting the rest of the year

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bored so with 3 months left, let's predict what content we're getting for the rest of the year:
October: We get another minor patch 1.32 or whatever number it'll be called.

November: if 1.3 was any indication they released it just before the investor update. So, the next investor update is November 29th. My guess is that this is a major patch. Probably 1.4? More free dlc? Lke 1.3 it'll release before the call. Next gen version finally released? My take is that if it was going to be delayed, I think they would've already done it by now.

December: the one year anniversary. I don't think we get much. A minor patch, BUT with the Game Awards on December 9th. The day before the one year anniversary. I could see them reveal Expansion 1. They have been working on it for what would be a year since release. That could be enough time to officially announce it for release Spring next year. So, what do you think?

Imo all depends about how much they are satisfied with Night City functioning (1.31). This game can be hugely improved in many aspects (not only via expansions), so it is quite hard predict how fast they will want proceed ... personally I hope they learned well enough what consequences can have rushed releases and too big hype. Very important also could be improvement into DLCs adding mechanism and what all could be such way added into this game ... this thing have huge potencial if will be well enough technically supported by game engine.

I'm sceptical that the base game will change for the better much in terms of gameplay, but if they make the game more transparent to modding that won't matter too much, since modders can fix it and vary it to taste (even with the homebrewed modding going on now, things like the FGR show that it's possible to wrangle some real gameplay out of the thing).

I'm quite sympathetic to CDPR though, I don't believe any of the mess was created with any sort of malice, and I agree with the person above who said that they should take their time doing what they do. The last thing they need is another jank debacle as a result of a rushed release.

What with the improvements CDPR will undoubtedly make to the core of the game over time, and what modders can do (if they're able), I think a couple of years down the line the game will have recovered some dignity and be viewed quite fondly by players. Not as fondly as TW3, but If it can be made into a solid game with good gameplay, then it'll have a long life on account of it being really the only game that offers such a setting and atmosphere with such well-futureproofed graphical goodness.

I think the rest of 2021 will be quite boring. We will probably get 1.4 at some point in november/december followed by next gen upgrade for consoles. When it comes to free DLC I was quite dissapointed with what we got so far and I woudnt bet on anything more than new car/jacket scenario. I really hoped for at least those 4 missions which are not active in a main game due to bugs, that devs would work on those gigs and make them playable as with a power of mods you can play them ever now in a relatively fair state.

I think Expansion work is just slowly accelerating but its stil in an early stage - there was a bit on movement recently with people promotions and switching departments so my guess is that CDP is still on a transformation stage at the moment and it will take a while until train goes full speed again. Also, they will probably want to polish it as much as possible after all what happened so I dont think anyone will push it with release date. I dont expect anything until middle of 2022.

Well, I uninstalled it after 1.3 since, after all this time, there's been very little improvement on XB1. I no longer believe the promise they made to fix it that tempted so many of us (at least on PS4/XB1) to keep it and give them a second chance. I will have a look at it when the next patch does arrive, to see if they've managed to somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat - but, as of now, I don't expect it to happen. CDPR are looking likely to be the first game studio I've walked away from after just one mediocre game in my 30+ years of gaming. Gives an insight into how low my opinion is of them right now.

I mostly think I don't care. But after the last patch with some small DLCs, just driving around tpwn to find some new stuff kinda made me miss the City. So, if it's some story content, I'd be happy. Not unhappy without it either. Let's see...

Dont wanna be that guy,as i love the setting of the game,but almost after a year who cares?ive played it,made mods to an extent but what else?patchs coming at a very slow pace(i know that it takes time),free dlc's,well we had a jacket and a car so...but apart from what what else?
Dont see nothing coming or changing for the game aside from the big paid dlc's that im not sure that will add much but may be wrong...

Dont wanna be that guy,as i love the setting of the game,but almost after a year who cares?ive played it,made mods to an extent but what else?patchs coming at a very slow pace(i know that it takes time),free dlc's,well we had a jacket and a car so...but apart from what what else?
Dont see nothing coming or changing for the game aside from the big paid dlc's that im not sure that will add much but may be wrong...
Well, people are different. I''m still playing the game at an obvious slow pace and I'm looking forward to those patches and DLCs. You should manage your expectations in terms of the expansions though. Think Witcher 3. Do you enjoy the game as it is? If yes, then great, you will enjoy the expansions. If you don't, then those expansions have nothing to offer for you.

I'm not expecting anything of a decent size other than a next gen upgrade late this year or early next year. Anything else is a bonus.

Once again though a month has passed with no info, I'd really like it if they could communicate a bit more.

I look at it as a good thing, at least for the next gen version release. No news means good news. If it was going to be delayed, I think they would've announced by now.

I look at it as a good thing, at least for the next gen version release. No news means good news. If it was going to be delayed, I think they would've announced by now.
I disagree. Any news would be interesting and as long as the keep it vague enough they couldn't be held accountable. However, they think they learned from their mistakes of saying things like 1.2 will be released in February, which got delayed due to the hack, or the next-gen upgrade will be released in 2021.

Also, I think the earliest we will officially know that the next-gen upgrade has been delayed will be in December, even if they know it by now. The only exception is if they need to tell it their investors. Then, naturally this information will also be disclosed to the players.

I disagree. Any news would be interesting and as long as the keep it vague enough they couldn't be held accountable. However, they think they learned from their mistakes of saying things like 1.2 will be released in February, which got delayed due to the hack, or the next-gen upgrade will be released in 2021.

Also, I think the earliest we will officially know that the next-gen upgrade has been delayed will be in December, even if they know it by now. The only exception is if they need to tell it their investors. Then, naturally this information will also be disclosed to the players.

If it's vague, what are they going to say that hasn't already been said? They'd just be wasting time/repeating themselves. The next investor update is November 29th. I just don't see it as a good pr move to wait that long to delay it. Unless it's a short delay, like January/February.

If it's vague, what are they going to say that hasn't already been said? They'd just be wasting time/repeating themselves. The next investor update is November 29th. I just don't see it as a good pr move to wait that long to delay it. Unless it's a short delay, like January/February.
Imho, they haven't said anything besides there will be a next-gen upgrade 2021 or 2022Q1. Personally, I would like to hear about rough estimates, for example that they plan to release a patch in October/November similar to the scope of 1.3. Or that the next-gen upgrade is the next larger upgrade players can expect. Maybe also a bit of information what they are working and and what they are trying to fix/address.

Before the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, CDPR could not shut up and now they do not say anything at all, but as they say sharing is caring^^

I also do not think that it is a good PR move to delay it that long, however I'm just trying to learn from their history. As Mark Twain said, history does not repeat itself but it rhymes. The post-launch history of Cyberpunk 2077 shows that CDPR will wait as long as possible with any kind of communication. I think I have also answered this question in a bit greater detail here:

DC9V

Forum veteran
At the moment I'm not really longing for a patch.
  • Romance option for Female-Smasher.
  • Introducing Wall-Runner, a new 8-bit minigame where Nibbles is trying to climb the Arasaka tower.
  • Bozo+ : New-Game-Plus mode where several dwarf-sized Bozos are constantly trying to attack you.
  • All civil NPCs are now holograms of NPCs who never leave their apartment.
  • Massive downgrade on all platforms, especially on PCs with less than 24GB of VRAM and on GameCube.
  • Option for Zoomed-in mini map, for those who really couldn't stand the zoomed-out version.
  • Alternative outfit for Misty: Banana costume

1634134889349.png

I believe we will get some minor patches or maybe even bigger one by end of the year, as they said free dlcs maybe and next gen console update, I don't believe we will get much more... but for next year we could expect much more I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom