Scanner: "Weak To", no explanation of what these icons mean in the database logs.

+
Scanner: "Weak To", no explanation of what these icons mean in the database logs.
Would be nice if there was more information. I had to crawl through some Reddit thread to find what the skull meant.
What do the percentages mean? There is so much unexplained here.

Attachments

• 20211013024753_1.jpg
    20211013024753_1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 99
Skull is poison
There's also a QR code-liked icon means quickhacking, but not a percentage but a number, the number is the basic consumption of RAM, it also shows the degree of defense/weakness to quickhacking damage
I don't know how to calculate the percentage, anyway the higher the percentage, the higher the weakness/resistance.

These indicate weaknesses against various attributes, as well as the red "resist to". The average resistance of mobs seem to be 15 and weakness seem to be 30. Boss usually have higher resistance and quickhacking defense.

Different affiliations weaknesses/resistances are also different. Take quickhacking defense as an example:
Very low - Scavengers, 6th Streets, Wraiths
Low - Animals, Valentinos
Medium - Maelstrom
High - Tyger Claws
Very High - Voodoo Boys
Corpos are usually around medium, netrunners are always higher than other units of the same affiliation. NCPD are immune to quickhacking, unless special situation

The attributes weakness/resistance is also related to affiliation. For example, Wraiths have 40 poison resistance (even higher than some bosses). Kang Tao have non-fixed resistance. Robots are always weak to EMP and resist to fire and poison. "No affiliation" are usually medium attributes and quickhacking resistance.

Last edited:
Would be nice if there was more information. I had to crawl through some Reddit thread to find what the skull meant.
Yeah, I don't really agree The icons are fairly self explanatory.

Like many other CP2077 systems, there is a lot of mystery for players when it comes to explaining systems, skills or even mods. Ive found it quite funny when during last stream Pawel Sasko had some problem with figuring out how to install new mod on a sniper rifle instead of replacing it. That really tells a lot if even devs who are working on a game have this kind of difficulties.

To be honest, all those weaknesses and indicators of enemy type are totally useless even at the highest difficulty. All that matters is your level Vs enemy level.

I have to agree about that. Playing at level very hard, enemy difficulty goes from easy-medium which is relatively easy anyway, to high which is almost impossible and very high where enemies are immune to basically anything.

The ones in that example were fairly self explanatory and didn't take much time to figure out, the one that puzzled me for the longest time was the physical one

Try to take down a big flying robots with only Overheat or Contagion (instead of Short Circuit), it seem to me that will not go very well/quick :)
I don't know, I cut everything down with a katana at the highest difficulty throughout the whole game. Not upgraded, I refuse to waste skill points in crafting. Not even an iconic katana, I don't remember the name but it was a red one. Oda lasted 30 seconds, Adam maybe a minute but because I ran all over the arena to avoid his missiles. He didn't even hit me once. And no, I'm definitely not a pro at gaming, actually suck at FPS. I'd say that, given how broken netrunning + tech rifle are, it would have been even easier.

Btw, I played the game the way Devs designed it, so I followed the mission order according to the indicated level. Never went for a green or red mission since I tried very hard not to break the game.

Last edited:
I don't know, I cut everything down with a katana at the highest difficulty throughout the whole game.
Ok, so what the point to look "weak points" on enemies when you use a katana ? Or a shotgun ? Or a Grad ? Or whatever the weapon ?
Obviously, none :)
So that's why you find that "useless". But when you use QHs, it could help to choose the "best" one for different targets... If you count take down a big robot with only Overheat, it would take a good while...

Ok, so what the point to look "weak points" on enemies when you use a katana ? Or a shotgun ? Or a Grad ? Or whatever the weapon ?
Obviously, none :)
So that's why you find that "useless". But when you use QHs, it could help to choose the "best" one for different targets... If you count take down a big robot with only Overheat, it would take a good while...
So those are useful only for a netrunner? And what if, as a netrunner, I use the magic contagion trick that kills an entire building in few seconds? Ah, yes the robots...
It's one of the core mechanics in RPGs and here is literally situational at best at the highest difficulty.
Game mechanics shouldn't be just flavour.

So those are useful only for a netrunner? And what if, as a netrunner, I use the magic contagion trick that kills an entire building in few seconds? Ah, yes the robots...
It's one of the core mechanics in RPGs and here is literally situational at best at the highest difficulty.
Game mechanics shouldn't be just flavour.
If you have a high level netrunner (So Contagion in epic at the very minimum), you can. But not through walls, Ping was "nerfed".

For take an example, if you do the heist at level 4-5 (So not spend ages in watson at the beginning) and you facing the big robot in the Konpeki, if you have a choice to do between two similar weapons, to take the one who deal electrical additional damage can help. And the same if you facing the Araska's dudes in the parking, the one who deal poison or heat damage could also help.

But the fact you think that the game is "too" easy have nothing to do with that. Sometimes it's useful to know, sometimes not :)

To be honest, all those weaknesses and indicators of enemy type are totally useless even at the highest difficulty. All that matters is your level Vs enemy level.
This is actually very useful for netrunners. I sometimes can't seckill Tyger Claws (high quickhacking defense and 15 EMP resistance) from Westbrook with Short Circuit even at level 50 with 20 INT, but I always or usually can seckill Valentinos (low quickhacking defense and 30 EMP weakness) from Heywood even at a lower level.
Scavs are the best for netrunners because they have the lowest quickhacking defense in a broad sense (Wraiths have high average attributes defense, 6th Streets are weak to poison but Contagion attack is low. Most of combat quickhacks are attributes attack)

Ping kinda sorta had to be nerfed though, otherwise there would be no need to go through the effort of tagging your enemies by hacking cameras and using stealth. You could ping one guy and know the location of everyone else for an extended period of time.

It's even worse if you have a high penetration tech weapon like a Nekomata. I have been able to Ping one of Motorboy's goons, get everyone's position, and then shoot through a building to kill Motorboy and his netrunner before anyone is the wiser.

That's kinda broken.

Anyway, I am always afraid that my Engineering will lag behind, so I am constantly trying to use Breach Protocol / Mass Vulnerability to get the maximum effect from the grenades I use and it helps to know who is weak to what.

Last edited:
Top Bottom