Loot "Rebalancing" in 1.31

+
On my last playthrough, I took notes on all the loot I liked the most and where I found them. I'm now up to level 36 in 1.31 and all those loot locations have been thrown out the window.

For example:
Scrolls Before Swine - On the Maelstrom roof used to be a Maelstrom jacket that could spawn up to Legendary. That's now a shabby cut off hoodie (Epic - won't spawn Legendary for me) and then inside Aaron's apartment is an Epic Motorcycle onepiece outfit now (I believe there used to be a legendary gun inside)

Catch A Tyger's Toe - the Syn bomber jacket is gone (the BD wreath is still there)

There's a ton of examples like these in 1.3 / 1.31, since what they described as a loot "rebalancing" and I feel like it's kinda thrown me off my game

Some Hidden Gems have been changed as well - the one behind the Sunset Motel used to be an Epic white Bustier and that too has changed

What are your thoughts? Anyone else surprised by all these loot changes?

Yes, it looks like at least part of things were changed ... on the other side on 5th (or 6?) run I like unexpected surprises ... mostly :D. I did not found some of previous stuff, but found a new ones, including legendaries ... it makes (re-)play little different which I think is not bad at all.

To be honest I have not noticed, partially because I've not seen most locations twice :LOL:
But I understand what you mean and its indeed a bit frustrtaing.

However what I did notice, the clothing shops seem to have more and different items in their shop rotation?
Last weekend I found a legendary nomad biker vest crafting spec from a shop vendor, which I have not ever seen show up before... and I DO visit those regulairly.
So maybe they're adding them to shop rotations?

All the "clothes" loots in Watson (or almost) and a few in others neighborhoods have changed in 1.3 ;)
(they have just changed the type, quality remains the same)

I have already post in another thread :)
(funny thing, I think that is the Maelstromer jacket who you are talking about)

Btw, that reminds me... How the hell should you be able to craft clothing mods now?
after patch 1.31 they changed it so they could be made with every grade (i think)
but for me they went straight to epic, but the next time I opened my crafting menu they had become legendary, which I couldn't make yet.
Are they somehow tied into what crafting level you have in what grade you can make them or something?

Right now I can't make ANY clothing mods becasue they ONLY exist in legendary grade for me, and I'm not and edgerunner artisan just yet.

Weird, in my case, Mods change to better quality when I unlock bueprints in crafting skill (so for legendary, level 18 in crafting for example).
Well, if its a bug I dont know, but I had like 4 or 5 clothing mods that always used to be the common (white level) but could be made with higher grades as random chance. And then I mean the mods such as Backpacker, Armadillo and such.
Then once I logged in after the patch update and wanted to craft something I noticed they were of Epic grade, which is the higest I could craft for.
then some hours went by just playing the game and then I went back into the crafting and they were all of a sudden legendary, and as such I could no longer make any mods because of not being able to craft legendaries yet.
I do have max crafting in the meantime, but I was somewhere between lv 16 and 18 when that happened with the update I think.

a bit annoying because I can't yet demount the mods I currently have either :(

Well, if its a bug I dont know, but I had like 4 or 5 clothing mods that always used to be the common (white level) but could be made with higher grades as random chance. And then I mean the mods such as Backpacker, Armadillo and such.
Then once I logged in after the patch update and wanted to craft something I noticed they were of Epic grade, which is the higest I could craft for.
then some hours went by just playing the game and then I went back into the crafting and they were all of a sudden legendary, and as such I could no longer make any mods because of not being able to craft legendaries yet.
I do have max crafting in the meantime, but I was somewhere between lv 16 and 18 when that happened with the update I think.

a bit annoying because I can't yet demount the mods I currently have either :(
Yep probably a bug with pre-1.3 saves :(
Because on my current playthrough, I'm level 50/SC 50 and "only" level 17 in crafting. So mods are "only" in Epic. They will be "upgraded" to legendary as soon as I reach the level 18 and unlock the legendary crafting specs (like baseball bat, katana,...). It also could be a problem if you don't have/keep a skill point for unlock the perk "Edgerunner Artisan". You'll not able to craft any mods until you aquire one at least :(

Yep probably a bug with pre-1.3 saves :(
Because on my current playthrough, I'm level 50/SC 50 and "only" level 17 in crafting. So mods are "only" in Epic. They will be "upgraded" to legendary as soon as I reach the level 18 and unlock the legendary crafting specs (like baseball bat, katana,...). It also could be a problem if you don't have/keep a skill point for unlock the perk "Edgerunner Artisan". You'll not able to craft any mods until you aquire one at least :(
I was holding off those perks just yet because I felt it too early to have that ability. But now I feel like I have to get it sooner than I planned to.
The reason whih also works in my case is that by know I'm level 46, SC 50 since quite a while, 20 Body, 20 Technical and 16-ish Hacking, maxed Crafting but I'm still at Lightning Breaks/Mah'Tap Pelen missions storywise, but I went and cleared most of the map instead.
The clearing out of the map all before the story was really planned, but as time went by and I was having too much fun jerking around like that I actually started to like the idea more and more to become the true legendary merc first. Pretent the relic is years away from killing me and shutting up Johnny during all the side quests because, FU rockerboi :giveup: :LOL:
I'm already a rich girl with heavy weapons, awesome cars and the lot, but just crwled out of Vics seat where he told me I was dying :ok:

Btw, that reminds me... How the hell should you be able to craft clothing mods now?
after patch 1.31 they changed it so they could be made with every grade (i think)
but for me they went straight to epic, but the next time I opened my crafting menu they had become legendary, which I couldn't make yet.
Are they somehow tied into what crafting level you have in what grade you can make them or something?

Right now I can't make ANY clothing mods becasue they ONLY exist in legendary grade for me, and I'm not and edgerunner artisan just yet.
Yes the mod quality is by what level you are in crafting. I just got to level 18 which unlocked legendaries.

Side note: I wonder if Big Pete's Garage gig has the Sandy Boa. By the time you could get a legendary Boa, you'd already be at level 18 crafting which gives you the spec anyway. I hope they "rebalanced" that one too

Yes the mod quality is by what level you are in crafting. I just got to level 18 which unlocked legendaries.

Side note: I wonder if Big Pete's Garage gig has the Sandy Boa. By the time you could get a legendary Boa, you'd already be at level 18 crafting which gives you the spec anyway. I hope they "rebalanced" that one too
Thanks! confirmed my suspicion. And I really wished they'd exist as epic also until you actually unlocked the perk toc craft legendaries.
And subsequently for rares up to where you'd unlock the epics... the way it seems to work now it force you to actually pick the perk or you screw yourself over.

All the "clothes" loots in Watson (or almost) and a few in others neighborhoods have changed in 1.3 ;)
(they have just changed the type, quality remains the same)

I have already post in another thread :)
(funny thing, I think that is the Maelstromer jacket who you are talking about)
Yesss now I remember seeing your post about this awhile back! that's exactly what I found there too. I didn't think they would spawn legendary and now I see they do. Think I'll try a few more re-rolls or just come back for the one on the roof later

I can confirm, it's available in this GIGs :)
(except Watson where almost all clothes have changed, in the others neighborhoods there is only a very few items who have been changed)

Top Bottom