Throwing Knifes

+
Throwing Knifes still dissapears after throwing.
Which "extremely talented GD" still think it's a good idea?
For example: I spend a lot of recources to craft legendaric knife. Want to direct nice fight action scene...but knife is just *poof*. So why craft costs for consumables and other weapons is the same?
So it's still absolutely useless.

Don't throw a legendary knife, even less an iconic one.

Rather use the basic, cheap ones added in 1.3 ;)
Not much. I still must spend a lot of resources if I want not useless knife.

I don't talk about iconic. But why? Imagine: close fight. I hit one NPC and throw knife at other. But you say: "you need switch to other knife before tou throw it".
It's awful.
It's just weird game desighn. Nothing else. It's no reason to make knife dissapear after throwing.

Post automatically merged:

There should have been a class of weapon called throwing knife.
Yeah. Or it must be possible to stack it.
Because now - 1 weapon slot = 1 dissapering knife.

Last edited:
1.3 offers imo just very basic workaround for make skill which have numerous perks already in game at least basically usable. This certainly is feature which should be further upgraded and I hope game state after patch 1.3 will allow devs to add it. There is already one nice mod for this, but sadly I’m not fan of using mods in game which clearly still is in development and are expected expansions.

Not much. I still must spend a lot of resources if I want not useless knife.
At the start, maybe it's not "cheap", but after few hours, use some common and uncommon components for a knife is very "cheap".
And even a common knife, with blade and cold blood skill (and some clothe mods) is pretty powerful. You can "one-shot" practically every enemy with "head shot" or "head throw" :)

But like CDPR said, now they can add some features, so I think it will be also improved in a futur patch ;)

1.3 offers imo just very basic workaround for make skill which have numerous perks already in game at least basically usable. This certainly is feature which should be further upgraded and I hope game state after patch 1.3 will allow devs to add it. There is already one nice mod for this, but sadly I’m not fan of using mods in game which clearly still is in development and are expected expansions.
Agree.
I sounds like I'm trying to shame CPDR for that. But I'm not.
I know they have much more important issues.
BUT! It's just realy weird and unresoanable feature from 80's or 90's.
So why when BOSS throws her hammer at me - it not dissapears? But my knife is. :D
That what I mean.
Post automatically merged:

At the start, maybe it's not "cheap", but after few hours, use some common and uncommon components for a knife is very "cheap".
And even a common knife, with blade and cold blood skill (and some clothe mods) is pretty powerful. You can "one-shot" practically every enemy with "head shot" or "head throw" :)

But like CDPR said, now they can add some features, so I think it will be also improved in a futur patch ;)
I can. But do you remember how much enemies here?) Consumables must be consumables. If it not consumable - It must be no consume. Maybe broeak and require to repair after a few uses. It sounds weird i think (like my English. Sorry), but it basic logic for me. Maybe I wrong. =)

I can. But do you remember how much enemies here?
There are a lot, but the perk is in "stealth" skill, if I'm right :)
So don't throw your knife in open combat. Ideally (and maybe intended by CDPR), you sneak, kill enemies quietly one by one. So like that, you have time between each enemy, to craft a new one or maybe requip another one "pre-crafted" (open the inventory pause the game, I think ?)

But yes, I was also disappointed the first time I used this perk :)

Just saying… now I can think about making different build as I get used to. Throwing knifes and all these other perks for it looks really interesting and now it seems there is really possibility (even if just basic) to make it usable for normal play. I definitely look forward for try it! Ninja style V is something what looks really interesting for trying… will need completely different approach to play :)

There are a lot, but the perk is in "stealth" skill, if I'm right :)
So don't throw your knife in open combat. Ideally (and maybe intended by CDPR), you sneak, kill enemies quietly one by one. So like that, you have time between each enemy, to craft a new one or maybe requip another one "pre-crafted" (open the inventory pause the game, I think ?)

But yes, I was also disappointed the first time I used this perk :)
Yeah. We have only one animation for stealth kills and only by hands.
So knife throwing is about meele stealth diversity too.
But you know - 4 enemies = recraft or reset knifes to weapon slots. So it breaks immersivity.(
I'll try to look for that cheapier specs too.

Yeah. We have only one animation for stealth kills and only by hands.
So knife throwing is about meele stealth diversity too.
But you know - 4 enemies = recraft or reset knifes to weapon slots. So it breaks immersivity.(
I'll try to look for that cheapier specs too.
You know what, when the patch is downloaded (poor net connexion...), I will restart a new playthrough (like always) and I will use them for sure.
So I will always keep 4-5 common ones in my inventory (the new "basic"), one dedicaced quick slot and I will recraft them after each "fight" (if I could say that).

And the (very) good point, is that will probably provide a bunch of crafting xp early game :D

Right now, I use knifes and this perk, it's very fun and way more fun than expected :)

With my clothes mods (and build), it's a crit damage each time and about 8-10K damage for body and more than 20K for head (with the "basic" uncommon who you can craft). It's silent, it's "one-shot", it's all good.
I have more than 30K commun components and 15K uncommon so a "uncommon" knife, it's nothing.

It's a little bit annoying to "recraft" and to have to open inventory each time, but if you equip 3 knifes in the 3 slots, it switch "automatically" between them (so it's 3 shot without openning the inventory).

And also bunch of crafting and blade xp, not bad at all :)
e0527544-f72f-4c3b-be5e-df8e10dbd975.PNG

Right now, I use knifes and this perk, it's very fun and way more fun than expected :)

With my clothes mods (and build), it's a crit damage each time and about 8-10K damage for body and more than 20K for head (with the "basic" uncommon who you can craft). It's silent, it's "one-shot", it's all good.
I have more than 30K commun components and 15K uncommon so a "uncommon" knife, it's nothing.

It's a little bit annoying to "recraft" and to have to open inventory each time, but if you equip 3 knifes in the 3 slots, it switch "automatically" between them (so it's 3 shot without openning the inventory).

And also bunch of crafting and blade xp, not bad at all :)
It's indeed. I can't say I really understand what immersion means for different people and same can be said about role playing but I appreciate how this sort of thing opens new practical ways to play character. Take Dagger Dealer and Hidden Dragon from the Cool perks and invest a bit in blades and while Hidden Dragon is situational, you have features for actually play this silent cyber ninja. Pretty neat stuff.

It's indeed. I can't say I really understand what immersion means for different people and same can be said about role playing but I appreciate how this sort of thing opens new practical ways to play character. Take Dagger Dealer and Hidden Dragon from the Cool perks and invest a bit in blades and while Hidden Dragon is situational, you have features for actually play this silent cyber ninja. Pretty neat stuff.
Oh yes, it's fun ;)
And uncommon knife is cheap but seem to be weak... I'm not sure about that in view of the damages I see (in one throw and without any perk in Blade at all) :D
2b132eda-c756-4822-ab7a-7a1c328a4154.PNG

Oh yes, it's fun ;)
And uncommon knife is cheap but seem to be weak... I'm not sure about that in view of the damages I see (in one throw and without any perk in Blade at all) :D

View attachment 11250805
Throwing is good. I agree. It's fun since Soldier of Fortune for me :D
The problem is recraft =)
I have the question: Is there way craft GRAY knifes? I have only GREEN recipes at start.

I have the question: Is there way craft GRAY knifes? I have only GREEN recipes at start.
Nope I don't think so :(
But now that I'm paying attention, I loot so many knifes. I keep them and my inventory is quite full of knifes... I dismantle only the epic ones (for no reason because I have plenty of epic omponents...)

Wow ... it really is fun trying to hit moving enemy with knife into head ...with solid damage :D (usually one knife is enough). Only that inventory manipulation is not very user friendly. And so far only green recipe (still Act 1., my V is lvl 11 now). It allow more tactical approach for silent takedowns becaouse you do not need to be very close.

I have progressed little bit with my current V and now at lvl30 just cleaned Wraiths base on my way to saving Saul ... solid amount of kills was with a throwed knives. Investing points into stealth pays really well. This time I will aim to max cool attribute to 20, never tried that. V will be not such unstoppable katana tank like I get used to, but stealthy assassin fits to her even better. It also works great with optical camo :)

I have progressed little bit with my current V and now at lvl30 just cleaned Wraiths base on my way to saving Saul ... solid amount of kills was with a throwed knives. Investing points into stealth pays really well. This time I will aim to max cool attribute to 20, never tried that. V will be not such unstoppable katana tank like I get used to, but stealthy assassin fits to her even better. It also works great with optical camo :)
That was informative. Many ways to play this game. I'm not that familiar with cyber ninja/samurai Cyberpunk type, I know it exists and I assume it comes from manga/anime side of Cyberpunk but regardless that game system allow practically playing this sort of build is great!

While that is not how I tend to build my V's I sure liked to see stackable knives, one quick slot that would auto equip knives as long as they there is knives available in V's inventory to streamline playing this sort of build. Now going back on forth in inventory is just cumbersome and doesn't affect to game play at all as AFAIK game goes to pause when in inventory.

I'm not sure if my memory serves me, but perhaps throwing starts were suggested months ago and while having throwing starts for one part can be feel sort of cheesy I'v come to think, players who wouldn't want them didn't needed to use them. So if CDRP can't make knives retrievable, why the heck not add throwing stars as economic, stackable option?

The need to synth knives and re-add them from backpak is inconvenience, but to be honest I expected that it would be worse. I got used to doing it quickly. Is fact that it forces me (little bit) to dismantle weapons (at least part of loot) and buy components (green) from shops, but it makes play more diverse and I have more time to looking around. I also mix usage of knives with my silented assault rifle ... with bonuses from cool tree are practically all head's hits critical.

Last edited:
Top Bottom