Open #4 coming this weekend!

+

Join us this Saturday and Sunday for the last Open tournament of GWENT Masters Season 3! Streams will start on our official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channel at 4 PM CEST on both days.

As always, we have a talented broadcast team on board:

And 8 of the best Season of Griffin & Season of Draconid players to battle it out for a share of the prize pool and a spot in the World Masters tournament:

Let’s not forget about Twitch Drops! While watching the stream, you will be able to claim:
  • 2h: 50 Meteorite Powder
  • 4h: 50 Meteorite Powder + Kerack Marine avatar
  • 6h: 1 Ultimate Keg
  • 8h: 1 Ultimate Keg

See you on Twitch chat!

I really hope at least some of the participants will use something fresh and not the current "meta" netdecks I meet in 9 matches out of 10 these days (sometimes I play two or three games in a row against the exact same deck played the exact same way), but this hope is slim. Sill, there's always an option to keep the tab open and muted for the drops.

I really hope at least some of the participants will use something fresh and not the current "meta" netdecks I meet in 9 matches out of 10 these days (sometimes I play two or three games in a row against the exact same deck played the exact same way), but this hope is slim. Sill, there's always an option to keep the tab open and muted for the drops.
Its a tournament with prize money, why you will hope that?

Its The same you say "i really hope psg dont use mbape, neymar and Messi"

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
These Twitch drops are hardly an incentive to watch. The recycled avatar that hardly anyone will use. Just crumbs from the tables of the mighty. Thank you. Hopefully, the matches will be exciting to watch.

Its a tournament with prize money, why you will hope that?
Because that's the last hope this game has. If the top player will keep using the same braindead decks too, there will be no one left soon to at least try something new.
And fresh decks might actually work better. Because with the "meta" ones even I can recite them by heart (despite never seeing a full decklist for any of them) after being woken up in the middle of the night. And everyone in the pro league surely knows those decks and ways to counter them by heart. New combos can put your opponents off enough to give the the edge in the match.

Its The same you say "i really hope psg dont use mbape, neymar and Messi"
I vaguely recall those being famous football players? Then you are wrong. The same would be "I hope they won't bring people with baseball bats on the field to break to other team's players' legs".

Because that's the last hope this game has. If the top player will keep using the same braindead decks too, there will be no one left soon to at least try something new.
And fresh decks might actually work better. Because with the "meta" ones even I can recite them by heart (despite never seeing a full decklist for any of them) after being woken up in the middle of the night. And everyone in the pro league surely knows those decks and ways to counter them by heart. New combos can put your opponents off enough to give the the edge in the match.

I vaguely recall those being famous football players? Then you are wrong. The same would be "I hope they won't bring people with baseball bats on the field to break to other team's players' legs".
OK, thinkin in winning i agree with you, New combos where noone is expecting can be a good play.

But, If the "new combos" arent enought to beat the meta decks, problably they will bring meta to win.

Buuut despite that, since its tournament format, where you know all the cards from The opponent deck and also can see his hand, problably will we see some decks diferents

Buuut despite that, since its tournament format, where you know all the cards from The opponent deck and also can see his hand, problably will we see some decks diferents
I think players can't see the opponent's hand. Only viewers and casters can see all the cards.
And in the last three or four Opens only a pair of players brought something new to the table. A year ago I was actually watching the matches, but not anymore, sadly.

DRK3

Forum veteran

As much as i would also love to see original decks, in this tournament or anywhere in Gwent really, i dont have my hopes up.
The problem of metadecks, why they are so strong, is that even when you know exactly what cards your opponent has, its still hard to beat them.
And you can tech against a specific metadeck, but then it will perform worse against other metadecks.
And if there's one deck that is tier 0, so strong it beats all other metadecks, its no problem for tournaments, its simply banned by everyone.

What you suggest wont happen because the selected choice for Gwent e-sports is open decklist, so all opponents know exactly what their opponents will have. I think this is a terrible choice, which makes these events way more boring and demands less skill from competitors, but it is what it is... :shrug:

I wasn't expecting to see all factions represented, but at least 5 out of 6.

Let's hope in the lower side of the bracket.

@simonsnow: Have you manually claimed the first reward? It's not auto.
You need to claim it to start advancing to the next one (with avatar).

@simonsnow: Have you manually claimed the first reward? It's not auto.
You need to claim it to start advancing to the next one (with avatar).
I have found it in my inventory, though sneaky it was. I apologize for the unnecessary attention. Hopefully future updates can allow us to more easily track our newly obtained items.

One of the local players also has the same problem. He claimed 2 items in Twitch and also linked his account in Twitch (Twitch said gog.com connected) but he does not get the Avatar. He also shows his avatar list screen and there is no Kerack Marine there.

I suspect the gog twitch drop has been an issue since yesterday. I try to link my account and it always said "something wrong" >> Twitch Drops - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game (playgwent.com) . Is this might be the case?

I see GOG.com in my Twitch profile. Got drops for Epic game today. I've opened the technical support case. Will put an answer as soon as I receive one.

Well, based on what can be seen in the background for the above card, this one must be wild hunt. The creatures in the tanks look almost like aliens. Either that, or some mad wizard has been doing some seriously nasty experiments and this is the result of one gone terribly wrong.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe a Nilfgaard failed golem creation.

Top Bottom