Please consider a landing animation for V

+
At the moment V lands on the ground without an animation as you can see in this video. Showing it in TPP so you can see how V actually lands.

Please consider a landing animation, even if it were to only raise immersion. Would be nice if it was prominent and stops V in his/her tracks, briefly. It would obviously also count for FPP. In the video below you can see some examples. Capcom implemented the roll in their DDDA.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a roll ofcourse, can also simply bend through the knees to absorb the impact.

Last edited:
I wonder if a landing animation already exists somewhere; we see one used when V jumps down after leaving the Padre's car in the Streetkid intro.
Seen that one, yeah. but isn't it of a cutscene? Seems V doesn't perform it very often.

"They haven't fixed the existing animations, and you want them to add more?"
They added swimming animations. Now, V swims like a fish, while you don't even see that in the vanilla game. Am now hoping they'll consider the same for when landing on the ground, which eventually will be experienced in the vanilla game.

"Also, if you drop from high enough you do get an animation."
Yes, the blood spitting. But when dropping from a little lower height, you'll only get what you see in the vid. As you can see, the height in the vid apparently wasn't high enough to spit blood.

Why, if CDPR would be in a good mood, they could even let it depend on V's fitness level how well he/she could land, accompanied with an animation.

Last edited:
Now, V swims like a fish, while you don't even see that in the vanilla game.

Yeah, not seeing it being the important part.

As of 1.31, Mantis Blade finisher often clips through the enemy, making you go inside them. Katana finisher often bugs and the target resets into a standing position, sometimes getting stuck there and you have a dude without a head standing there as well as the melee weapon animation bug with Sandevistan that I posted about before. The Mantis Blade finisher animation is so slow and you're locked in it that you get killed if you use it in a crowd to begin with cause enemies keep shooting you while it's playing.

Maybe they should fix these first?

Last edited:
Yeah, not seeing it being the important part.

As of 1.31, Mantis Blade finisher often clips through the enemy, making you go inside them. Katana finisher often bugs and the target resets into a standing position, sometimes getting stuck there and you have a dude without a head standing there as well as the melee weapon animation bug with Sandevistan that I posted about before. The Mantis Blade finisher animation is so slow and you're locked in it that you get killed if you use it in a crowd to begin with cause enemies keep shooting you while it's playing.

Maybe they should fix these first?
Maybe if you pass all these issues to Support here,

they will.

they will.
Goddamn, it's been like that since release... Do you really think they're not aware of those problems? It's not a new bug introduced with the last patch that affects random people...

they will.

I'm sorry, you must have me confused with QA.

None of these are rare issues, you encounter them all the time. Even after all these patches, the game is still a buggy mess.

If you don't want to report issues using the proper channel (that Support site), that is your choice.
But, if you're not willing to report issues then you also shouldn't complain if they don't get fixed; CDPR Support are not psychic, and this forum is not an official Support channel.

If you are here just to complain and derail threads (such as this one) with your complaints, then please go do it somewhere else; such behaviour is thoroughly non-constructive and unwelcome here.

Top Bottom