Interesting? Cdpr Vancouver is looking for a camera programmer to create "real-time 3rd person perspective cameras" for 2077.

+

For a game that's like 95% first person, does it intrigue anyone else that they're looking for someone with experience with 3rd person cameras? I realize that there are 3rd person vehicles in the game. It could be for that, but isn't that already implemented?

Fans have been asking for 3rd person for ages, and i feel its one of the things that would have been implemented if cdpr delayed again, its such a big part of modern RPGs.
it makes sense they would try and add third person.

Guest 3847602

And why for Cyberpunk ?
Maybe for futur products, like TW4, no ?
Well, it does say "Cyberpunk 2077" on the Jobs page. But, it also says that every single job offer is for Cyberpunk only which seems highly unlikely especially when their new strategy of simultaneous game development is considered.
I still think the Cyberpunk multiplayer makes most sense, Digital Scapes (now CDPR Vancouver) had been working on multiplayer component for other games in the past as a support studio.

Last edited by a moderator:
I REALLY hope that they're working hard to fix the game (besides bugs and glitches) and MAYBE give us a big update for the 1 year release mark.

Well, it does say "Cyberpunk 2077" on the Jobs page. But, it also says that every single job offer is for Cyberpunk only which seems highly unlikely especially when their new strategy of simultaneous game development is considered.
I still think the Cyberpunk multiplayer makes most sense, Digital Scapes (now CDPR Vancouver) had been working on multiplayer component for other games in the past as a support studio.
Ok maybe but on the job page who is linked, there is no mention that is specially about Cyberpunk :)
So yeah, it could be on the multiplayer part, I don't know and honestly, who know ?
And as a "full time" job, limiting the job to "Cyberpunk" does not offer a long career perspective, few year at max :(

Every studio says Cyberpunk, not just Vancouver. It could just as well be for a sequel, so why do you say 2077? You don't know. If they added a 3rd person camera, consoles would probably spontaneously combust when the action started from the massively increased FOV. :D

They would also need to animate everything. Look at your shadow with a melee weapon equipped, the character has minecraft animations.

Ok maybe but on the job page who is linked, there is no mention that is specially about Cyberpunk :)
So yeah, it could be on the multiplayer part, I don't know and honestly, who know ?
And as a "full time" job, limiting the job to "Cyberpunk" does not offer a long career perspective, few year at max :(

A lot of the job descriptions don't mention the game being worked on, because of how you access it. There is a tab that says "Jobs" and you click on that and it gives you a list of jobs where and what game. So, that's why the description doesn't actually say the game name.

Anyway, it seem to me very strange to add a third person view in a multiplayer mode of a game and not in the solo base game (where nothing is intended to add it, for now at least), so like always I think we will see. One thing is almost certain, it should be a nice job for the one who will be hired :)

Top Bottom