Can't play unless tabbed out

+
I'm having an issue where I could only play the game Alt Tabbed. When I focus on the main screen of the game it's just frozen. Need help with this.
To give some more information: the game is frozen even when first launching so I would need to be alt tabbed until I get to the main menu. When I click continue game it goes to a frozen loading screen and would have to be alt tabbed for it to work. I've tried every kind of display mode including windowed , borderless and fullscreen. I've also verified integrity of the game files and ran is as administrator. Can't seem to find a fix for this was hoping if any of you ran into the same issue and found a fix for it?

Did you check for Windows updates? Apparently August's KB5005033 Windows patch caused some alt tab issues on some systems. No idea if it's related in any way, but maybe uninstalling KB5005033 is worth a shot. Or maybe updating Windows can also do the trick...

Not sure what it was.. But it was steam apparently... doing this with all games. Just reset it and my computer and worked fine after. But I'll keep these in check if this issue were to happen again.

Edit: Something to do with Streamlabs OBS. When having it capture your game.

Last edited:
Not sure what it was.. But it was steam apparently... doing this with all games. Just reset it and my computer and worked fine after. But I'll keep these in check if this issue were to happen again.
It's likely something on the user end. Often, if you Alt-Tab out of a game that's running in Fullscreen, it will automatically switch to Borderless Fullscreen, or Windowed (both of which are actually "Windowed" modes.) Alternatively, the game will suspend. This can cause issues with a bunch of games -- depends on the games and your system config. (Most games work fine, but certain driver versions / hardware / etc. can introduce wonkiness with certain titles.)

Very wonky indeed. I usually play on Windows Borderless. But have tried other modes.. Same thing all happened to them. It's like it wants to think you can only play the game while you're tabbed onto another window. I feel its definitely a bug when being captured in some way whether it be for streaming or recording use. Tested this when my game was captured it started doing this even before I started streaming/recording.

Very wonky indeed. I usually play on Windows Borderless. But have tried other modes.. Same thing all happened to them. It's like it wants to think you can only play the game while you're tabbed onto another window. I feel its definitely a bug when being captured in some way whether it be for streaming or recording use. Tested this when my game was captured it started doing this even before I started streaming/recording.
Hm. It's extremely strange that it would run only in the background. Something was obviously hooking the game when Cyberpunk itself was focused. Can you explain more about your system? Specs, number of monitors, Windows version, any non-standard hardware in the rig, anti-virus software, programs you have running in the background besides streaming or video capture software, that sort of thing?

Also, have you seen any other reports of this elsewhere? Steam, Reddit, etc.?

Top Bottom