Without Implats and More [for developers]

+
This question mostly for developers. Why not to add an option to play without implants like that monks? Just need an option in the beginning for Viktor Vektor, where V can scan her deck for viruses and do not install implants (for eyes and hand) or V can install them later. I am asking because I finished all quests in the beginning without that implants and I think it's fun not to see how many ammo you have and I have normal hand, but now I need to install that implants because city still closed and I do not have quests anymore and this kinda not fun. So can you add this option in next patch?

By the way, for this game really needs more Implants. My character have 30lv and 50rep and I sill have nothing interesting. I mean I have many implants but I can't install them because I do not have points in stats and all implant stores are too empty somehow for my level. I thought maybe you can open all implants in the beginning for all stores, so players at least can see what they want to get and you should add more implants in the game, which can make from V a machine like Adam Smasher or something. NPC already have them, so why players can't buy them? Also can be mechaical parts which looks like normal hands, legs and body if player want to looks like a human again. Also I can't understand why Night City do not have a clinic where I can change V's face. Same with Haircut.

PS: Your game still a gem, but it do not have cyperpunk content. Also you should do something with AI of NPC, because they are so annoying. And V's apartments must be more useful (working weapon racks, wardrobe for cloth should be too, needed a mannequin at least for cloth and 3D printer which can print weapons).

Do not give up. You just need to fix main problems, add more content and make a really good DLC. After people will be play in this game again. You just released this game too early.

Last edited:
Hmmm, without any type of implant there would be no Johnny. You might need a different story for that idea to really work well in this setting.

Also, as far as I recall you could disable the ammo counter and a few other options in the HUD-interface options menu.

As for more mods, I'm no developer but I'm sure there will be more of that once we see some new content..

Hmmm, without any type of implant there would be no Johnny. You might need a different story for that idea to really work well in this setting.

Also, as far as I recall you could disable the ammo counter and a few other options in the HUD-interface options menu.

As for more mods, I'm no developer but I'm sure there will be more of that once we see some new content..
Well, he mentions option after Viktor so V is already chipped at this point. Without basic implants you cannot even do Dorsett rescue or T-bug training (even in the lifepath intros there is already examples,in the Corpo lifepath that is very clear from 1st scene). But a 0 implant Cyberpunk story seems difficult,unless they ressurect "the inquisitors" gang from cp2020 and you are a member from the start that fights cybernetics (kind of ludism)

Yep V already have from the very beginning the link and the "chip" port, so except by scraping the whole story (from the first minute of the game and even more true in Corpo lifepath), there is no way to make it possible (to be like Claire, "Cyberware free")
And at gameplay level, no kiroshi > no scanner for example. Quite annoying :(

Since Ive started playing cp2020 tabletop I was alays interested in non augmented 'nautral' characters. Since what is more punk than having no chrome in a world where everyone is so obsessed and full of it, literally. Not being powerful in a power fantasy. So once I had the chance to make and rp such a character, was a really enjoyable and a challenge ofc. She was a cop humane, empathetic, loved real organic foods, which was a luxory, healthy life and her job. Story was coincidentally about effects of cyberware on a persons mind body and soul, cyber psychos, and how long someone can last in harsh and dangerous world like that without losing her life or humanity, similar topics which cp2077 whas originally written, and some reatined after launch, but not much, mikoshi and the two souls which i remember most prominent. So i was really disappointed when the start of the game marketed about choice you got no choice and instantly get chipped.

Id been grateful if this would have been the only and or biggest issue of the game. Cp2077 is a great example of wasted potential, and showing a crooked mirror to itself and its makers about recklessly gunning for the 'big leagues' and failing miserably and mindless consumerism fueled by soulless out of touch corporate greed.

#NoFuture

I have been wondering something like this for a long time. My "canon" V is my first, Nomad who went to Star ending. But it was really about the journey where my V had very limited cyberware upgrades. No anything in arms slot, Razor sure kicked my V's ass but otherwise baseball bat and shotgun worked out very well. Having only few cyberware it was about what my V wanted to be to Panam. It was rather weird how game crept to trigger that sort of choices.

Cyberpsychosis mechanic isn't in the game for few reasons. One was mentioned by CDRP, it would be the end game state for V. Then it's balancing feature in tabletop game, without that players wouldn't made but tanks, which wouldn't be fun in system that is designed around idea about different characters having different strengths. Finally, it actually doesn't make sense medically. Prosthesis has been available for a good while and then heart pacemakers, Cochlear implants, etc. Visual prosthesis are getting better, though progress has been slow. They don't make anyone less human. Losing a limb or vision, in accident or in a war, that doesn't make anyone less human and even more contrived would be that giving ability, moving or seeing back would somehow impact like that. It's nonsense in real world terms and I'm happy game didn't cheese it as it's a single player game, no need for balance mechanics like in tabletop.

Posted something about touching the real world, might be good read for figuring out suggestions based on wetware, modders on PC and for general interest: [SPOILERS] Referencing "wetware" (Tissue engineering and Stem-cell therapy) | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

Jep1st

Forum regular
100% pure implant free would simply not work since it would completely scrap the storyline after Act 1 but you can always go minimalist and never get any other cyberware than what you get at the start. Then you can even swap out your cyberdeck to e.g. a berserker and never use it thus disabling hacking completely. Even the hand cyberware could be swapped for a basic smart link and then not use smart weapons, making it useless too so the only thing you would have is the basic mk1 kiroshi.
That would be the closest "no implants" run you could do.
As for the hud, you can always disable a lot of hud elements from the options menu.

100% pure implant free would simply not work since it would completely scrap the storyline after Act 1 but you can always go minimalist and never get any other cyberware than what you get at the start.
At least player should have a choice to install implants form Viktor (eyes and hand) or not. Right now you can only install them and this is not fun I think.

Top Bottom