Is there still a chance to see the subway implemented in Night City? 🚇

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make huge sense to implement it back in one of the expansions. Maybe even have a big chunk of the story revolving around it.
Adding deleted features in expansions could be a way to comeback properly.
It would make sense from so many points of view, that I can assure you it's not going to happen.

I'd love to see the NCART system added to the game, especially if there were some missions to go with it. Its surprising that they cut it since the concept/promotional art looked really cool, but odd's are, they ran out of time on the project.

1637105602042.png

Who knows, maybe somewhere down the line in a Cyberpunk 2077 Remastered/Ultimate edition they might re-add the NCART system :shrug:

I'm reasonably confident that it will be implemented at some point, but not until a big expansion, or maybe even not until the next game. Too much has gone into creating the illusion of it, and early videos strongly suggest that it was part of the plans at one point. But completing the implementation of it seems like it would be too much work to justify for now, apart from some sort of major expansion.

That said, as nice as @kofeiiniturpa idea sounds, it probably won't happen:)
No, it won’t.
But I like to lay down potentialities that, while certainly worksome, aren’t in my mind completely preposterous, because it’s kinda fun even if it doesn’t lead anywhere (although I like to think that there’s still that 0,5% chance that someone of note accidentally reads them and at least thinks about it quietly in the dark).

I dont think it will be implemented. There is a lot of obstacles to deal with - Ai basically doesnt work well in confined space and I dont think it would look believable without tons of money put in this project which not many people would use at the end.

To be honnest, given what has been done for a whole year...
Consider yourself lucky if they AT LEAST correct the bugs and glitches.

The game is dead, DLC are "supposed" to come next year, I really doubt it will bring much, it's sad but they really missed their shot.

I mean, I can get the subway appeal, but don't you think you're asking a bit much for one of the only AAA game with a "Beta" level police system (lmao, let's fix this by making them pop 10meters away... Catch me the dude who had that idea and fire him please...), There are even menus in the options that they forgot to remove, like that sixth stat.

I mean, guys, given how all was made, I'm not sure you REALLY want that subway...
Post automatically merged:

I dont think it will be implemented. There is a lot of obstacles to deal with - Ai basically doesnt work well in confined space and I dont think it would look believable without tons of money put in this project which not many people would use at the end.

To be honnest, they already put a tons of money in the game, and we all know how believable it is.

The subway isn't the problem, they could add it, there's already a monorail, they'd just need to use it, but there are already so many problems with this game that it's not really a matter of money more "would you care about your dirty windows if your whole house is in fire"

I mean, took them 6months to simply zoom out the GPS so we don't eat walls at every turn...

Given how it goes, you'll have your subway in 7years.

And to be fair, I'm not hating or making fun of CDPR, I was full of faith for this project but IMO CDPR aren't able to pull this out, they don't have what it take to make it a good game.
From the bugs, bad gameplay at time and some mecanics that are obsolete (I've spent hundred hours beating homeless people to steal their Soda, and I didn't had fun at all doing it...).

I mean, give them 1million bucks more, I don't see how they could fix such a mess...
Better put an end on it and rather make a good sequel that trying to fix 2077 (which also remind everyone of the horrible release...)

Last edited:
I mean, give them 1million bucks more, I don't see how they could fix such a mess...
Better put an end on it and rather make a good sequel that trying to fix 2077 (which also remind everyone of the horrible release...)

To be fair, 1 million is absolutely nothing to a company the size of CDPR. Payroll alone would eat that up in a second.

Personally I think it's a little premature to call the game dead. In fact I'd say that as long as the DLCs and expansions are still happening you can't really consider the game dead. The same goes for the subway and the chances of it ever being operational.

Don't underestimate the value of immersion. We already have a few car transitions that might as well have been just a black screen and you find yourself at your destination, but they decided it's worth to make them the whole experience (you getting in the car, the car driving there etc). And imo these works pretty well.
That said, as nice as @kofeiiniturpa idea sounds, it probably won't happen:)
Car ride is comparably cheap to do. Building stations, internal workings, including trains, crowds for just a museum experience? Pointless waste of resources.

I played Shenmue. It's immersive, but boring as hell. Game should always remember that it's a game. Be it a conversation, traversal or battle, player should always be involved, making choices.

Car ride is comparably cheap to do. Building stations, internal workings, including trains, crowds for just a museum experience? Pointless waste of resources.

I played Shenmue. It's immersive, but boring as hell. Game should always remember that it's a game. Be it a conversation, traversal or battle, player should always be involved, making choices.

That is a problem that already have been solved. We already have rides in the game with nothing happening (apart from watching the landscape) that we can skip if we choose. Though if they introduce/replace the quicktravel with taxi maybe they can make it a toggle in the main menu.
...anyway I disagree with you that there is no point in feature if it doesn't involve gameplay. If they decide to leave clothes with 0 armor and no other bonuses, I will still wear and spend time choosing them:)

Futile as it may be, I just want to add to that post: Driving skills that govern
- steering: both turning and holding the car straight (in relation to acceleration and speed)
- braking: ABS distance, sliding distance with locked brakes and car turning with locked brakes
- acceleration: supermagnifying vehicles’ acceleration speeds relating to the vehicles base acceleration speed, also magnifying steering during acceleration on vehicles that have fast acceleration (nigh instant acceleration to high speed + simultaneous turning).

Or some shit to that effect.

To encourage the use of afore mentioned public transportation and offering roleplay variety.

But yeah, pipedreams and all, as mentioned before.

Futile as it may be, I just want to add to that post: Driving skills that govern
- steering: both turning and holding the car straight (in relation to acceleration and speed)
- braking: ABS distance, sliding distance with locked brakes and car turning with locked brakes
- acceleration: supermagnifying vehicles’ acceleration speeds relating to the vehicles base acceleration speed, also magnifying steering during acceleration on vehicles that have fast acceleration (nigh instant acceleration to high speed + simultaneous turning).

Or some shit to that effect.

To encourage the use of afore mentioned public transportation and offering roleplay variety.

But yeah, pipedreams and all, as mentioned before.

I don't think you can apply the same "rules" in action rpgs as in isometric with turn based or pausable,and even in turn isometric direct translation of tabletop mechanics don't always work (Temple of Elemental Evil had a section of D&D 3.5 rules changed for the implementation):

If you are interested, skills afecting player actions (minute 22.31) is #3 mistake by Tim Cain (he cites Bloodlines guns -ranged was perception + firearms +discipline I think?):
1637180165124.png

Its quite interesting presentation (my favorite, due to my background is about random numbers).

I don't think you can apply the same "rules" in action rpgs as in isometric with turn based or pausable,and even in turn isometric direct translation of tabletop mechanics don't always work (Temple of Elemental Evil had a section of D&D 3.5 rules changed for the implementation):

If you are interested, skills afecting player actions (minute 22.31) is #3 mistake by Tim Cain (he cites Bloodlines guns -ranged was perception + firearms +discipline I think?):
View attachment 11264266

Its quite interesting presentation (my favorite, due to my background is about random numbers).

I’ve seen the video a couple of times in the past. It is good. Tim is brilliant RPG designer (Fallout, Arcanum and all), but it’s too bad the things he spoke about didn’t really work in The Outer Worlds to the best they could’ve.

But no, I’m not trying to apply ”isometric or turnbased rules” into an action RPG. Not in this game (they can be applied, in a multitude of ways, but here that ship sailed away long ago).

What I am (and have been) asking for, are rules that make the player ask for and appreciate the character progression, and think about it across the whole range of the offered gameplay while playing.

I’ve seen the video a couple of times in the past. It is good. Tim is brilliant RPG designer (Fallout, Arcanum and all), but it’s too bad the things he spoke about didn’t really work in The Outer Worlds to the best they could’ve.

But no, I’m not trying to apply ”isometric or turnbased rules” into an action RPG. Not in this game (they can be applied, in a multitude of ways, but here that ship sailed away long ago).

What I am (and have been) asking for, are rules that make the player ask for and appreciate the character progression, and think about it across the whole range of the offered gameplay while playing.
I have hopes in Outer Worlds 2 to build and improve over 1...then it will not be the case,but will be another story.

We are drifting too much the thread, and probably we enjoy the same mechanics but i think different developers focus on different selling points and cdpr i don't think will focus on what you would like.

A reference to ToEE! Wow, that's a long time ago now. (I rather enjoyed that game, buggy though it was!)
Post automatically merged:

Immersion is a funny thing. Although you don't need to sleep, I try to make sure V gets her 6 hours of sleep every 24 hours (even if it's occasionally rather 'early' in the morning for her). I really enjoy driving around the city - car or motorbike - and setting my quest to "Cyberpsychos" or something so I have no path to follow - and I try to get home without any help.

Yes, I've spent an hour of real time trying to work out how to get home! (I tried once during a storm with little visibility. That was fun, though difficult!)

And so while I enjoy these things, I'm sure other people are all about "get me to the quest" or would spend a lot of time at a shooting range if such were available.

I understand entirely that having a working public transport system would take significant work and probably not be used by 90%+ of people - but for some people, it'd be great. Though I suspect that implementing it would ALSO be linked to upgrading the way car "AI" works.

Immersion means different things to different people. You know what I'd like? I'd like to be able to go to sleep in Judy's apartment once our romance was active, and have her curl up next to me. (Or Panam, or... you get the idea). Not a sex scene, just a short animation displaying that we care about each other.

I look forward to seeing what happens to the game in the future, though.

Cheers,
Merric

Last edited:
They will add public transport, I think. it's one of the core concepts of cyberpunk metropolis. It's in their trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom