Can't save game BUG

+
This seems to be connected to the "auto save" bug -- although I thought that bug had been fixed=(

Today I was in the open world, and had just finished a random combat. I was no longer in combat. The zone was not "Hostile" , there was no reason I shouldn't have been able to save the game yet it wouldn't let me save. I continued walking around and killing things until I had to log, but I still couldn't save the game.

Looking at the saves available, I could see that about 30 minutes earlier, the game had started creating a new auto save every minute. I logged (losing the progress I had made) and reloaded the game and then went through and deleted every auto-save no matter how old.

I logged back into the game and was immediately able to save game.

Have you been fighting the police before you couldn't save anymore?
Had exactly the same issue today and it was right after I got and got rid of the wanted status again.

This seems to be connected to the "auto save" bug -- although I thought that bug had been fixed=(

Today I was in the open world, and had just finished a random combat. I was no longer in combat. The zone was not "Hostile" , there was no reason I shouldn't have been able to save the game yet it wouldn't let me save. I continued walking around and killing things until I had to log, but I still couldn't save the game.

Looking at the saves available, I could see that about 30 minutes earlier, the game had started creating a new auto save every minute. I logged (losing the progress I had made) and reloaded the game and then went through and deleted every auto-save no matter how old.

I logged back into the game and was immediately able to save game.
The save files of the game can be found in the following location:

C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Try going to "properties" of the 'CD Projekt Red' folder, and deselect, "Read only", also for "all subfolders and files".
Chances are you may be able to save again. Worth a try.

Edit: Oh, missed you solved it already. If it concerns a vanilla game, would still suggest to pass it to Support through the link above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom