DLSS 2.2.11 works miracles (Remember to update Nvidia Drivers)

+
On the matter of safety, I def wouldn't feel safe borrowing DLLs off any other site than NVIDIA's, but they don't offer them as far as I could see.

The file I borrowed for my testing was from another game I already had installed. It's funny that Rainbow Six Siege had the newest version of all games on my PC (2.2.6.0).

On the matter of safety, I def wouldn't feel safe borrowing DLLs off any other site than NVIDIA's, but they don't offer them as far as I could see.

The file I borrowed for my testing was from another game I already had installed. It's funny that Rainbow Six Siege had the newest version of all games on my PC (2.2.6.0).
That's not true, you can download those files from Nvidia directly:

That's not true, you can download those files from Nvidia directly:
I do wish Nvidia would make it easier to access archived files and things like standalone drivers for legacy versions of DLSS, PhysX, and stuff. I often find it faster to search up these things on Google than on Nvidia's actual website, even though both link directly to Nvidia's website for the downloads.

Just completed a full fresh reinstall. Is the general consensus to go with White Collie 2 or is there a general view of something definitely worth trying released since?
I don't think there's a consensus. Changing these files is experimental and could cause issues, so you need to test it for your self.

With all versions that I've tried so far, my gpu temps went up by one or two degrees. Sometimes the fans ramped up. One of the versions was causing FPS drops.

I recently tried 2.3.2 and it seems to work quite well. It's the same version that the latest update for Shadow of the Tomb Raider is including.

No, I always download them from TechPowerUp to be honest.
I tried now to get them from NVIDIA, and it requires registration for dev access (though it seemed free).

An overkill, it reminds me of the way MS packaged stuff back in the day (if not still). You need gigabytes over gigabytes of dump in order to get that one tiny file. TechPowerUp sounds familiar, though.

Last edited:
There is a spreadsheet online where people can vote for the best DLSS version(s) for a specific game:

Likewise, there is this companion page but it does not seem to work yet:
Post automatically merged:

Has anyone tried 2.3.3 yet? I wanted to test it yesterday and I haven't been able to activate DLSS even though I'm using the newest Nvidia drivers available.

Last edited:
It's almost definitely because it's simply the files, owned by Nvidia, being re-distributed by a non-licensed party. They aren't modifications -- they are products directly owned by Nvidia.
Another reason could be that Nexus doesn't allow telemetry networking.

They say in this article ( https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/16/22784404/nvidia-icat-dlss-spatial-temporal-upscaling-graphics ) that the latest nvidia drivers are able to check CP's DLSS version and update it automatically, eventually. This is bullsh*t, it didn't happen to me. :D

So, should we wait for CDP to release the updated version?

I tried almost every DLSS 2.3 version available and I still think the White Collie 2 is better.

edit: apparently you need GFE to get it updated https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/qv8j0c/_/hl2z083
But I repeat, yesterday it did not work for me.

Last edited:
They say in this article ( https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/16/22784404/nvidia-icat-dlss-spatial-temporal-upscaling-graphics ) that the latest nvidia drivers are able to check CP's DLSS version and update it automatically, eventually. This is bullsh*t, it didn't happen to me. :D

I tried almost every DLSS 2.3 version available and I still think the White Collie 2 is better.

edit: apparently you need GFE to get it updated https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/qv8j0c/_/hl2z083

It would require nvngx_update.exe being installed in the same folder as nvngx_dlss.dll, which currently isn't the case. But if GFE did install the .exe, try to make an exception in Windows defender's Data Excecusion Prevention. Nvngx_update.exe makes use of telemetric networking.

Last edited:

This would be so cool, I will see if it actually works in the next coming days.

It would require nvngx_update.exe being installed in the same folder as nvngx_dlss.dll, which currently isn't the case. If GFE has been able to install the .exe, try to make an exception in Windows defender's Data Excecusion Prevention. Nvngx_update.exe makes use of telemetric networking.
Why? I mean I haven't tested it myself yet, but GFE knows which games are installed and thus would also be able to replace dll files considering it has the appropriate privileges.

This would be so cool, I will see if it actually works in the next coming days.

Why? I mean I haven't tested it myself yet, but GFE knows which games are installed and thus would also be able to replace dll files considering it has the appropriate privileges.
I thought this is how it works in other titles, e.g. Control. I might be wrong though.
(Some while ago i was reading a comment of someone who wasn't able to enable DLSS because his Firewall was blocking the mentioned .exe. But maybe his driver was just outdated.)

It would require nvngx_update.exe being installed in the same folder as nvngx_dlss.dll, which currently isn't the case. But if GFE did install the .exe, try to make an exception in Windows defender's Data Excecusion Prevention. Nvngx_update.exe makes use of telemetric networking.
Where do I find this exe?

For people to lazy to go through the text linked by @DC9V here's the text:
Nvidia’s Lin tells me that Cyberpunk 2077 already features over-the-air DLSS updates — when you open the game, it can check with the Nvidia driver to see if there’s a new version and hot swap it at launch.
Post automatically merged:

Where do I find this exe?
Maybe inside GFE's program folder? You can also let Windows do a quick search for it and report the location here ;)

Last edited:
GeForce Experience (GFE) is not the NVIDIA display driver but an optional NVIDIA tool distributed through the GeForce Game-Ready driver packages/suites.

Many users and some other tech reviewers do not install the GeForce Experience tool at all.

So, the newer drivers do indeed update automatically the DLSS DLL if the game supports this feature, this happens through geforce experience. You are going to find the DLL in a repository located in %ProgramData% :

C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\NGX\models\dlss\versions\131844\files

Here you will find a file in BIN format, just rename it to nvngx_dlss.dll and put it into the x64 folder of Cyberpunk, if you don't want to use the newer drivers and GFE like me. Of course you will need to install the latest drivers first including GFE and then eventually revert back to the older ones. The version used for CP is the 2.3.4 and it looks like it's the same DLL used for Jurassic World 2 (I compared the files' size and they are identical), but I must say that the one I retrieved with this method gives me better results than the one found on TPU.

Top Bottom