Lets compare some Northen Realms and Skellige Cards and try to find any logic in they provinsion costs and design

+
Every time when I am playing with NR against Skellige I have feeling, that I am involved in deeply unfair fight. I don't claim that I am great player, but I am not worst either, and therefore when I feel overwhelming inequality in cards all the time against only the one specific -mentioned above - faction, and against the rest of them I don't, it made me think that there have to be something about that (Syndycate is exception of that rule, but it is not about cards but about whole faction coin-spending design that geave SY upperhand over all other factions, so I don't discuss it here). So I've finally decided to made small comparisment of similar cards in both factions Sk and NR. Lets have a glimpse:

Skellige:
Primal Savigery - 4 provinsion, 8 immidiate points
NR: Forbidden magic: 5 provinsion, 5 immidiate points with revenant who is killed in next turn

So in practice 8 for 4 vs 5 for 5 with same conditions

Skellige:
Bear Witcher - 5 provinsion 8 immidiate points (including 3p removal with adrenaline)
Vs
NR: Lyrian Landsknecht: 5 provinsion + 3p conditional order domage

Skellige: Raging bear - 8 points pointslam for 5 provinsion with easy condition to fulfill
Vs
NR: siege Tower - 8 highly conditional pointslam for 5 provinsion or 5 immidiate points plus vitality

In addition in skellige: Drummind berserker - 8 points 5 provinsion, cant find similar to compare in NR

Skellige:
Crow messenger: summon copies with easy condition from deck (hold alchemy card)
Vs
NR: Blue Stripes: the same effect but condition is Order so unplayable without specific leader ability

Skellige: Skjordal Drummond - 8 (!) provinsion, 5 body 5 dmg unconditional (exept keeping it until R3)
Vs
NR: prince Anseis: 10 provinsion, 4p body 4 dmg or 5p body 5 domage with order

Skellige: Cerys an craite: 11 provinsion deploy
Vs
NR Roche: Merciless: 12 provinsion with very conditional zeal for almost same effect

Skellige: Gerd: 8 points + 1p dmg in whole opposite row for 7(!) Provinsion - very very strong card
No comparisment in NR

Skellige: Fulmar: 12 provinsion 14 immidiate points: order for tremendous dmg celling if no answered
Vs
NR: Viraxas the king: 12 provinsion for usually 6points + 7 dmg from duel = 11 points... .

Skellige:
Gigascorpion venom - 6 provinsion unconditional 6 dmg including shield removal
Vs
NR Bloody flail - 6 provinsion 8 points of bleeding with almost impossible to fullfill condition to dmg change

Skellige: Gremnst: 6 prov 6p Universal puryfying engine
Vs
NR cockooduck: same provinsion and points single puryfying restricted only to allied units, so it is unable to even puryfy opponents defender

Skellige: An create longship: 5 prov 4p 1 armour hitting every new unit
vs
NR 5p 4p no armour reinforced tribuchet working only against long range

And many other cards that I overlooked, or I don't see comparisment at all because they are so powerfull in theyselves like hialmar or Junod (deploy, almost unconditional removals) , facousya, Little havrue.

On top of that at last 4 strong viable Leader abilities in skellige (reckless fury, battle trance, rage of the sea, blaze of glory) vs only one viable NR ability. 4 with amazing removal abiliry while in NR NOT A SINGLE ONE viable dmg ability as removal Aid. Zeal for seltkirk or anseis is not a removal Aid from leader - Skellige have the same effect on deploy with skjordall, hjalmar, Junod - and leader ability as extra removal , incluging 12p removal + 17 points bodies on board Blaze of glory + Jutta
And The cherry on the pie:
Skellige Onslaught 16 provinsion vs NR Royal inspiratiion 15 provinsion - higher provinsion for skellige mirror ability, even despite of fact that it is commonly known that dmg are worth more than boost - lol

So - in summary and in very simplifisticed way - if You play NR against Skellige, and SK 4 prov cards easly made by design in avrage 6-7 points while Your cards 5-6, they 5 provinsion 8 with removals removals while Yours 6 or 7 with conditions, and so on, mathematically You are on disadvantage even before game begin. So is You don't have any chances to win if You dont have tremendous luck or much better skill than opposite player. And in that state - definitevly - gwent shouln't be.
I dont know who is designing that cards that way and who is designing it, but something is really wrong about that and inequality amoung factions shouldn't be so overvhelming like between Skellige and NR at nov 19, 2021
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Short Answer: Yes! and by design.
SK is mostly a Pointslam/Control faction, while NR focus on engines and combos. So, yes NR is most of the times in a bad spot against SK.

Your list is a bit sketchy, though. In theory you could compare those cards, shure but please don't forget the Powercreep with every expansion.
Sorry to say but starting with "Lyrian Landsknecht" (never played) vs. "Bear WItcher" (staple since WotW) ...

Longshit vs Treb for example: One needs opponent to play to get value, other one is an autonomous engine.

Skjordal max value ->10p , Anseis max value -> ~25. One is a good control option in R3, the other is a very good Combo card to get rid of a big threat or just tall punish (ever used a duel+shield?)

Viraxas-> do it again! In fact these are 2 of the best NR cards out there.

How many Crow messengers you can create? How Many Bluestripes? Foltest...

You actually got a point but the SK-NR comparision is mostly a matter of different ideas and not so much of a powerlevel. But I again have't played for a couple of weeks now and are not aware of the meta (I don't like november rain).

Try patiens mages. No, don't. just search youtube and watch Ban ard student deal 10 dmg and drop an ALumni for 30p. NR got options.

SK is mostly a Pointslam/Control faction, while NR focus on engines and combos. So, yes NR is most of the times in a bad spot against SK.

Your list is a bit sketchy, though. In theory you could compare those cards, shure but please don't forget the Powercreep with every expansion.
Sorry to say but starting with "Lyrian Landsknecht" (never played) vs. "Bear WItcher" (staple since WotW) ...

Longshit vs Treb for example: One needs opponent to play to get value, other one is an autonomous engine.

Skjordal max value ->10p , Anseis max value -> ~25. One is a good control option in R3, the other is a very good Combo card to get rid of a big threat or just tall punish (ever used a duel+shield?)

You actually got a point but the SK-NR comparision is mostly a matter of different ideas and not so much of a powerlevel. But I again have't played for a couple of weeks now and are not aware of the meta (I don't like november rain).

Try patiens mages. No, don't. just search youtube and watch Ban ard student deal 10 dmg and drop an ALumni for 30p. NR got options.
Nothing to add. :beer:

Nothing to add. :beer:

In Your short answer You confirmed what I told so the rest of Your post is I think pointless to discuss

Ps Yet the most funny thing is when You said that "NR is engine and combo faction, not skellige" - show me better combo in the whole game than messangers of the sea + Fulmar + rhonogan, or eist+leader+jutta - and not only in NR, but show mi in the whole game, and I owe You a beer.
Bah, show me better engine than messanger of the sea (price/value-potential/points per turn/uncounterability) and I owe You.

Last edited:
If you aren' interested in details or insight of the game pls next time just write a Nilfgard rant, ok. then i will not bother to answer.

I thought the opposite judging by your resent posts, but oh well.

If you are intrested in crazy combo stylez i advise you to visit @DRK3 s threads he's a meme king.

SK rain is kind of the reason why i don't play right now, i never claimed that gwent is balanced.
the Blaze+eist+jutta. Try Shieldwall+anseis+Viraxas or radeyah+anseis or just visogotha of corvo. Adept with full patiens....
Again a short answer. SK-rain is op and NR likes the longround more then a crazy 3-cart combo.

btw. fulmar is not the problematic card here. its ryo, messenger and fukusya (why does her name souds like F***U-sire)

Messenger of the sea is kind of crazy, I'm really surprised at how 90% of Skellige seems to be either control or a bit of warriors and shrooms when rain decks are so insane. Not like NR is innocent though with alumni definitely being on the levels of messengers.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Shieldwall+anseis+Viraxas or radeyah+anseis or just visogotha of corvo. Adept with full patiens....

Anseis + shieldwall is 6p + 12 p dmg = 18 points. Eist + leader + jutta is 12p jutta + 12p dmg + 5p eist = 27p in one move so much more than anseis and shieldwall for me.

If you aren' interested in details or insight of the game pls next time just write a Nilfgard rant, ok. then i will not bother to answer.

NG is ok in that season. Tactical NG was too strong many seasons ago after its introduction, from then on faction is well balanced imo

If you are intrested in crazy combo stylez i advise you to visit @DRK3 s threads he's a meme king.

We are talking about normal ranked matches and reasonable functional combos, not sbout memes

Adept with full patiens....

Its difficult to do balery 4 paitence points against well skilled control opponent, students are not growing every turn and NR dont have 4 cheap graveyard ressurections like skellige to play students like skellige is playing messangers all over and all over again

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, I have PhD in hating SK, but your comparisons don't make sense. Especially at this time, where I am only playing hyper control deck as patience mages ruin everything else. NR is such a toxic faction now and this thread is not going to get any sympathy. May be couple of months back, it might have had some traction.

Primal Savagery vs Forbidden Magic: I hated the buff to PS as Waylay was not changed. But Forbidden Magic puts a damn powerful scary engine on the board where PS puts a token. FM is part of a very powerful archetype (which is sadly now powercrept), but nontheless it is a very powerful very annoying card. Yes, it might get removed next turn, but you are not going to bring just one engine in your deck.

Bear Witcher vs Lyrian Landsknecht: I hate this bloody Bear Witcher. It should be Adrenaline 3 (from when it was introduced, it is part of SK decks for soooo many damn seasons.. make it Adrenaline 3 CDPR), LL is a powercrept card. There are plenty of better alternatives and you can't compare this with BW.

Raging Bear vs Siege Tower: If you don't play RB as first card, it can very well play for 6 points. Yeah yeah.. you can use against armored card or Berserk Cards, but it is not why this card is added. It is added purely as a proactive 8 points or just lose 2 points. Same like Nilfgardian Knight. Siege Tower, again, it is a power crept card, but it is not tied to play as first card or play for 6 points. Not comparable.

Crow Messenger vs Commandos: Seriously? You are saying Commandos as a weak junk card? Yes, it is to be played with Inspired Zeal and that is the purpose of the card. Will you just add Crow Messenger in PF or BoG deck (where you don't have many alchemy cards) and complaint saying it is a hard condition and needs a specific archetype to be played? Couple of seasons back, Commondos were Tier 1 or Tier 2.

Skjordal vs Anseis: Seriously? Skjordal doesn't have any condition? You haven't read the card? It has a condition called Devotion. Anseis can play for HUGE value with shield and Anseis can be played in R1 to kill a TA's engine where Skjordal can't. Absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Cerys vs Roache: You can compare these two cards if and only if you can keep copying Shieldmaiden and play 9 SheildMaiden in a short R3. They are two different archetypes each were Tier 1 at some point and got power crept. Even Cerys has a very conditional requirement that she can only be played in a certain leader and needs a leader charge.

Gerd is a 7 for 7 (as he puts a 1point token) and can damage all units on a row on an Adrenaline condition. Also Sabrina says a loud hello.

Fulmar Vs Viraxas: How is he an immediate 14 for 12? He is a 12 for 12 in two rows and need to be locked/killed if not he can play for more value. In short R3, Fulmar can very well play for 12 or less. If Viraxas enables a Duel Card (with a shield), he can play for unlimited value. He was a thing and was part of Tier 0 deck when SW was introduced. Also Viraxas is also an engine.

Gigascorpion vs Bloody Flail: is a very good card and you are comparing it with junk card. An NR hater can say "Bloody Flail" "CAN" play for 8 damage on a very easy condition for 6P.

Germist vs Cucudok: is a good purify card. NR is not given an offensive purify, may be for a reason. Cucudok can purify two cards on deploy where as Germist can't. Germist is objectively a better card, but they both have their supposed advantages.

Longship vs Reinforced Trebutchet: Reinforced Trebutchet can keep playing for +1 even after you pass. Even if your opponent is only playing specials. Longship needs opponent to keep playint unit to get value. I am not saying Longship is a weak card. I hate that blood card, but it is a 4 for 5 engine which can get +1 every turn, same as RT.

Can you play Hjalmar or Skjordal in R1 to remove a TA'ed unit? Can you play Junod without Reckless Flurry? These comparisons are very very biased and ridiculous.

Now, lets see where NR is a big Pain in the Rear:

Gerhart: 13 for 11 with absolutely no condition on deck builder or on the battle field or on the enemy side of the battle field. Why is he not 12P or 6 or even 5 strength? For 12P ST has Vernosil who plays for 11 points or need a whole round to be played around her with full leader commitment to get a good value. No other 11P legendary is as easy and as non-commital as Gerhart.

AA an echo tutor which puts engine in non-removal range. One of the best cards in the entire game.

Chapter Of Wizards: Puts a powerful engine on board with shield and has carry over potential and can be reset multiple times to get even more engines. One of the best PoP Legendary cards.

Shani: Just revivie a patience mage and needs to be removed herself. Even if a patience card is not played, playing a marine still plays for 12 points for 10P and is still a threat and should be removed.

Anseis: One of the best removal cards in the entire game (except Heatwave of course)

Raffar's Vengence: The most broken card from PoP. Can be easily 10P and without the 2 damage engine potential and would still be played in all IZ deck, putting 2 engines on board and has the potential to put 2 more engines in another 2 turns (Winch)

Leticia: The greediest card in the entire game and I really don't think any other card can beat this card in greedy level even in the future and just for 7P. It is basically, can you remove this 7P card? No? Then just Alt+F4. Have you even continued playing a game in which you can't remove Leticia?

Alumni: You conveniently skipped talking about the patient mages and this one of the most broken cards in the entire game. Yes, Sea Of Messengers is a greedy card, but IMO, it is not nearly as broken as Alumni.

Dancing Contest: Basically, play this bloody 5P card for 10+ points in R3, be it with damage or boost. Even with Kerack Marine, it is a 9 point card.

The mage duo: You can play so many copy of them that even Enslave 6 or PS can't manage this deck. With so many payoff (Dancing Contest, Alumni, Shani, Practice Makes Perfect)

There are plenty of other good/decent cards on par with other factions. As I said, this would have been an acceptable thread a few months back. Definitely not now.

Leticia: The greediest card in the entire game and I really don't think any other card can beat this card in greedy level even in the future and just for 7P. It is basically, can you remove this 7P card? No? Then just Alt+F4. Have you even continued playing a game in which you can't remove Leticia?
When trying patience mages it was common for the opponent to just forfeit if they could not answer her behind the defender, including against mirrors. She wouldn't be much of an issue if not for the alumni. though.

rrc

Forum veteran
When trying patience mages it was common for the opponent to just forfeit if they could not answer her behind the defender, including against mirrors. She wouldn't be much of an issue if not for the alumni. though.
Alumni makes her even more viable and non-commital. She was already in a Remove or Lose deck with the ArchGriffin/LegendaryWitcher. She had always been a remove or alt+f4 card. Previously on a one-trick-pony deck, but now, on a highly competitive deck due to Alumni, Dancing Contest.

Well, I have PhD in hating SK, but your comparisons don't make sense. Especially at this time, where I am only playing hyper control deck as patience mages ruin everything else. NR is such a toxic faction now and this thread is not going to get any sympathy. May be couple of months back, it might have had some traction.

Primal Savagery vs Forbidden Magic: I hated the buff to PS as Waylay was not changed. But Forbidden Magic puts a damn powerful scary engine on the board where PS puts a token. FM is part of a very powerful archetype (which is sadly now powercrept), but nontheless it is a very powerful very annoying card. Yes, it might get removed next turn, but you are not going to bring just one engine in your deck.

Bear Witcher vs Lyrian Landsknecht: I hate this bloody Bear Witcher. It should be Adrenaline 3 (from when it was introduced, it is part of SK decks for soooo many damn seasons.. make it Adrenaline 3 CDPR), LL is a powercrept card. There are plenty of better alternatives and you can't compare this with BW.

Raging Bear vs Siege Tower: If you don't play RB as first card, it can very well play for 6 points. Yeah yeah.. you can use against armored card or Berserk Cards, but it is not why this card is added. It is added purely as a proactive 8 points or just lose 2 points. Same like Nilfgardian Knight. Siege Tower, again, it is a power crept card, but it is not tied to play as first card or play for 6 points. Not comparable.

Crow Messenger vs Commandos: Seriously? You are saying Commandos as a weak junk card? Yes, it is to be played with Inspired Zeal and that is the purpose of the card. Will you just add Crow Messenger in PF or BoG deck (where you don't have many alchemy cards) and complaint saying it is a hard condition and needs a specific archetype to be played? Couple of seasons back, Commondos were Tier 1 or Tier 2.

Skjordal vs Anseis: Seriously? Skjordal doesn't have any condition? You haven't read the card? It has a condition called Devotion. Anseis can play for HUGE value with shield and Anseis can be played in R1 to kill a TA's engine where Skjordal can't. Absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Cerys vs Roache: You can compare these two cards if and only if you can keep copying Shieldmaiden and play 9 SheildMaiden in a short R3. They are two different archetypes each were Tier 1 at some point and got power crept. Even Cerys has a very conditional requirement that she can only be played in a certain leader and needs a leader charge.

Gerd is a 7 for 7 (as he puts a 1point token) and can damage all units on a row on an Adrenaline condition. Also Sabrina says a loud hello.

Fulmar Vs Viraxas: How is he an immediate 14 for 12? He is a 12 for 12 in two rows and need to be locked/killed if not he can play for more value. In short R3, Fulmar can very well play for 12 or less. If Viraxas enables a Duel Card (with a shield), he can play for unlimited value. He was a thing and was part of Tier 0 deck when SW was introduced. Also Viraxas is also an engine.

Gigascorpion vs Bloody Flail: is a very good card and you are comparing it with junk card. An NR hater can say "Bloody Flail" "CAN" play for 8 damage on a very easy condition for 6P.

Germist vs Cucudok: is a good purify card. NR is not given an offensive purify, may be for a reason. Cucudok can purify two cards on deploy where as Germist can't. Germist is objectively a better card, but they both have their supposed advantages.

Longship vs Reinforced Trebutchet: Reinforced Trebutchet can keep playing for +1 even after you pass. Even if your opponent is only playing specials. Longship needs opponent to keep playint unit to get value. I am not saying Longship is a weak card. I hate that blood card, but it is a 4 for 5 engine which can get +1 every turn, same as RT.

Can you play Hjalmar or Skjordal in R1 to remove a TA'ed unit? Can you play Junod without Reckless Flurry? These comparisons are very very biased and ridiculous.

Now, lets see where NR is a big Pain in the Rear:

Gerhart: 13 for 11 with absolutely no condition on deck builder or on the battle field or on the enemy side of the battle field. Why is he not 12P or 6 or even 5 strength? For 12P ST has Vernosil who plays for 11 points or need a whole round to be played around her with full leader commitment to get a good value. No other 11P legendary is as easy and as non-commital as Gerhart.

AA an echo tutor which puts engine in non-removal range. One of the best cards in the entire game.

Chapter Of Wizards: Puts a powerful engine on board with shield and has carry over potential and can be reset multiple times to get even more engines. One of the best PoP Legendary cards.

Shani: Just revivie a patience mage and needs to be removed herself. Even if a patience card is not played, playing a marine still plays for 12 points for 10P and is still a threat and should be removed.

Anseis: One of the best removal cards in the entire game (except Heatwave of course)

Raffar's Vengence: The most broken card from PoP. Can be easily 10P and without the 2 damage engine potential and would still be played in all IZ deck, putting 2 engines on board and has the potential to put 2 more engines in another 2 turns (Winch)

Alumni: You conveniently skipped talking about the patient mages and this one of the most broken cards in the entire game. Yes, Sea Of Messengers is a greedy card, but IMO, it is not nearly as broken as Alumni.

Dancing Contest: Basically, play this bloody 5P card for 10+ points in R3, be it with damage or boost. Even with Kerack Marine, it is a 9 point card.

The mage duo: You can play so many copy of them that even Enslave 6 or PS can't manage this deck. With so many payoff (Dancing Contest, Alumni, Shani, Practice Makes Perfect)

There are plenty of other good/decent cards on par with other factions. As I said, this would have been an acceptable thread a few months back. Definitely not now.

Before I responded to Your post, I tried to play wizards deck against Skellige few times - and I don't agree with You at all. Skellige have tremendous power, they have amazing tempo in R1, they can get rid of defender and Leticia with ease, and they won't let You do more than 4-5 paitences for alumnies - therefore in final round they crush wizards with pointslam and removal. So I am absolutely convinced about that what I said - Skellige is tremendously more powerfull than NR by design, games between that two factions are unequal at all, and it need fixing for sure

okay then. let's leave it as that. But you accomplished one thing fure sure: you poked me enough that i got hooked again. i will now play a round of gwent. cheers.:beer:

I don't know if I did the right thing than - gwent is amazingly flustrating game for me and cost a lot of stress, if it works the same for You (and I am afraid that up to a point it is, judging by the fact that You stopped playing because bad balance) than i feel bad about it now because it was not a favour :/

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, if you are absolutely convinced and nothing anyone says will ever change your opinion (just like every other person on the internet :p ), then there is no point in discussing it further. But seems like you are relatively new player? And only playing Casual. You should play ranked. In Gwent, Ranked is more kinder than Casual. In Casual, you can get matched with really strong player having much stronger deck. Only play Ranked where you will meet people with, at least relatively, close to your skill/deck level. Only ranked will gradually make you aware of various tactics of various factions in a proper way.

I had created more posts and threads about SK probably than anyone in this forum. I hate SK and until recently, I had 0 games played with SK as I hate that faction with passion. But NR is in a very very good position and is one of the top factions in the game. NG, NR, SK are the top 3, followed by ST and then followed by MO and SY. For every broken card in SK, there are equally more broken cards in NR. But by nature SK is more control oriented and NR is engine oriented and SK naturally has an advantage against NR. But if you play well and with a good draw, NR can win against SK.

You watch the Open and Master tournaments to get some idea of how to play NR against various faction in both blue and red coin. I tried various decks and due to NR being so oppressive, I have only been playing hyper control deck. I want to play Handbuff, Movement, Soldiers etc. but those decks have 0 chance against NR. Literally 0. You queue in to NR, you can just Alt+F4. You are talking about how NR is weak against SK. Why don't you talk about how NR can just own most of the other factions/archetypes?

These are just my tips for you. Whether you take it or not is upto you, but I am not going to further reply here.

Well, if you are absolutely convinced and nothing anyone says will ever change your opinion (just like every other person on the internet :p ), then there is no point in discussing it further. But seems like you are relatively new player? And only playing Casual. You should play ranked. In Gwent, Ranked is more kinder than Casual. In Casual, you can get matched with really strong player having much stronger deck. Only play Ranked where you will meet people with, at least relatively, close to your skill/deck level. Only ranked will gradually make you aware of various tactics of various factions in a proper way.

I had created more posts and threads about SK probably than anyone in this forum. I hate SK and until recently, I had 0 games played with SK as I hate that faction with passion. But NR is in a very very good position and is one of the top factions in the game. NG, NR, SK are the top 3, followed by ST and then followed by MO and SY. For every broken card in SK, there are equally more broken cards in NR. But by nature SK is more control oriented and NR is engine oriented and SK naturally has an advantage against NR. But if you play well and with a good draw, NR can win against SK.

You watch the Open and Master tournaments to get some idea of how to play NR against various faction in both blue and red coin. I tried various decks and due to NR being so oppressive, I have only been playing hyper control deck. I want to play Handbuff, Movement, Soldiers etc. but those decks have 0 chance against NR. Literally 0. You queue in to NR, you can just Alt+F4. You are talking about how NR is weak against SK. Why don't you talk about how NR can just own most of the other factions/archetypes?

These are just my tips for you. Whether you take it or not is upto you, but I am not going to further reply here.

I play since open beta yet My account is new - my relationship with gwent is in-off - I play some time a lot, than I stop playing for few months , and when I return i create new account to learn game from scrath afrer changes and expansions. I reach rank 1, collect geralt mosaique, and than I reject terms of pro rank and stay on level one - I am not a pro player, I don't want to pretend one, and therefore rank 1 is fair for me. On top of that I am not sharp enough to play well and invite good homemade decks in all factions, that is why I play only with NR for years because I know only that faction well enough to play itsithout netdecks Aid.
I usually plays only ranked games, but in that season I play more in casual only because of Skellige with Reckless Fury - when I encounter it, I just forfeit the game without remorses. Because without tremendous luck with draw or like 30+ point scorch (screen attached) I is impossible to win.
I don't use netdecks never, and I don't play with OP abilities. I only play with my homemade decks and with unpolular abilities, like in that season pincer manouver with Draug in many contigurations and variarions.
And therefore after Youre respond to my post about Skellige it crosses my mind that maybe indeed NR are tremendously strong and can face skellige in fair fight but I just play vournable for skellige and rain revenant deck. So I decided to play wizard deck - In spite of fact that I hate to play meta decks or binary, or "kill or forfeit"1 cards like defenders - but I decided to Try before I respond and see if it will be so strong indeed. And it was not - meta reckless fury Skellige crush it 3 games in 4, just like my revenants deck. The design of Skellige in reckless fury dmg-pointslam meta cards are just mathematicly calculated to generate on avrage much more points for provinsion than in NR equivalents, are less conditional and more functional, and without tremendous luck You wont be able to win with them, and I will stay with my opinion. I am not discussing about other factions - I have no problemem to beat in 70% of time every one of them (except Bounty syndycate) without alumnies, Amfibian Assalout or duels that You point out as extremaly OP. I do that with unpopular neutral cards like scorch or lecreate, or decoy for example. So we can discuss everything here but I know it for sure that Skellige cards are designed with tremendous overpower over NR cards, and with NR is impossible to win with reckless fury meta deck without amazing luck or skills (comparision of other NR to SK cards outside that deck like puryfiers was only btw). The things like that should be fixed, or button to reject games against specific faction or ability should be added to the game (I added my post in thread about that either)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211119-203554_Gwent.jpg
    Screenshot_20211119-203554_Gwent.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
A lot of decks are Control decks, or Hyper Control decks, tailored precisely against NR Mages (with or without meditating mages), and Skellige are always good in that matter. You can play different kinds of Control Decks with them, while NR is quite only carried by Mages right now.

These two factions are always in the Top 5 but I agree that Skellige is more flexible and always do good in various metas, so a little better than Northern Realms. Also, damage is always better than boost, Control is favored against engines.

As for my experience, I play a non-meta Skellige deck, with less control options, and I can say NR Mages is like a wall. If you aren't able to deal with Patience in Round 1, you can forfeit. I think it's the first time a deck make me forfeit Round 1, by the way...

A lot of decks are Control decks, or Hyper Control decks, tailored precisely against NR Mages (with or without meditating mages), and Skellige are always good in that matter. You can play different kinds of Control Decks with them, while NR is quite only carried by Mages right now.

These two factions are always in the Top 5 but I agree that Skellige is more flexible and always do good in various metas, so a little better than Northern Realms. Also, damage is always better than boost, Control is favored against engines.

As for my experience, I play a non-meta Skellige deck, with less control options, and I can say NR Mages is like a wall. If you aren't able to deal with Patience in Round 1, you can forfeit. I think it's the first time a deck make me forfeit Round 1, by the way...

Sorry but I don't get Your point? You want to say that engines could be very strong if unanswered?

I just wanted to say that NR engines (and order) are generally not favoured against Skellige Damage/Control Decks. Especially in this meta, where you gonna face very agressive decks (because of crazy engines) and nothing you put on the board would stick. Hyper Control > Engines

I agree that NR have a lot of bad cards that need a little LOVE (you listed some). More than Skellige, probably. But enough good cards to be playable. Scoia'Tael has far more crappy cards, if you wanna go this way.

NR is meant to be an engine faction, while SK is rather midrange nobrain slam. It's OK.
The problem is - devs can't math and thus balance it (it's not OK).

Top Bottom