What's your favourite and least favourite part of Regis' Journey?

+
Hello, once in a blue moon post, as I am curious as to what people think.

Positives:
For me, I like how there are 3 Regis Leaders to choose from.
The Music Packs are pretty good too. (kinda wish there were more music)

Personally, I think the Half-breed form is the best. From his hands having a magical aura, to his animations from using certain leader abilities, I think it far outshadows the normal Human Regis. (which I like too)

Full Vampire form is welcome too, albeit I think that the Level 100 (Blind as a Bat) form looks kinda weird. Coulda made a bloody and scarred Full Vampire form imo, which will fit into the theme of a Vampire.

Negatives:
Something that irks me, I feel the the Herbalist Aura looks fine, but I can barely see it in game on most boards. I have to press the Middle Mouse Button and drag it in order to see it. Most of the time I see 10% of the whole Aura. Kinda wasted. I wished they put it closer to the Regis model itself, for now it looks good only for the opponent.
I have yet to reach the Gravewalker Aura, which is just a recolor + some graves sadly, but I hope I can see the Graves at least. :(

I think the Cardbacks this Journey took a hit, they kinda have a different artstyle that makes it look more washed out and less detailed. (compared to Ciri's journey, which i really like) But that's up to personal preference, I know.
2 inverse cardbacks seems like a lazy move to me, it's just a reverse image.

The Carnage card back looks amazing, but I wish it was animated. That would have been killer. Would be one of the best card backs besides Alzur's Dragon cardback. To me, I'm cool with it as I bought the Journey, but I feel that the potential is wasted.

Also, the Journey pacing seems a bit off. Lots of Kegs, Keys, Icons and borders in a stretch of levels. If they paced it such that the actual Leader cosmetics were evenly spread apart, it would be more enjoyable. (but this is a small matter)

Also, would have been cool if they threw in a single Board as Level 100 instead of another Vampire form.

Again, these are my thoughts. Just thought it would be interesting to see more people's opinion on the Regis' Journey :)

Feel free to share!

My answer might seem weird (call me a nerd), but my favorite part of the journeys is the written story that comes in increments every week. I am glad to have it back.

I also enjoy, regardless of prizes, the variety of journey quests.

Regis himself is my favourite part.

I really missed his voicelines from beta, so I'm super glad to have them again. Regis as a character is also one of my favourites in the entire series.

I feel like the cosmetics from the previous journey looked better, but that may be subjective.

rrc

Forum veteran
What I don't like:

I am really not a fan of inverted arts for cardbacks. I hated it on the previous journey and even even on this one for a couple of cardbacks. Previous Journey's cardbacks should be one of the worst in the entire history of journey IMHO, and in my taste. Even the art was not pleasing or good. Never used a single one of the cardbacks from previous journey, not even once.This journey also takes the approach of inverted cardbacks, which I don't like. It, IMHO, is just too lazy. If they can't come up with a new art, they can have less/fewer cardbacks like how they went with coins. The art is better and one or two of the cardbacks are good. I really wish future journeys drop this inverted cardback idea.

The coins are also very very mediocre and probably the worst among all the journeys IMHO. Never tempted to use even one of them for even a single game. Last journey had very good coins.

The customization on Regis' back is almost useless as you can hardly see it and most look the same, IMHO. For Triss, the variations were awesome with Staff and all. But for Regis, it is a big miss.

What I like:
The cards that this journey gives IS THE BEST. Every single card is awesome and is 100% usable (at least till now). So, that is a huge thumbs up (of course, I don't need any from the journey as I have every one of them, but for newer players it is very very useful)

Of course, Regis skins are way too awesome and three variations is a great idea and they have different voicelines and unique customizations. This is brilliantly done.

The coins are also very very mediocre and probably the worst among all the journeys IMHO. Never tempted to use even one of them for even a single game. Last journey had very good coins.
I like them(also liked previous), they are simpler, more refined.

Cardbacks, imo, are not that great(previous were not astonishing as well).

My answer might seem weird (call me a nerd), but my favorite part of the journeys is the written story that comes in increments every week. I am glad to have it back.

I also enjoy, regardless of prizes, the variety of journey quests.
Do you think that the stories in the Journey has improved over the previous ones? (I'm comparing to the written ones, not the images only ones)

Also, what motivates you to warrant a Journey purchase for you?

Post automatically merged:

I really missed his voicelines from beta, so I'm super glad to have them again. Regis as a character is also one of my favourites in the entire series.
Any negatives or improvements you think could be made to suit your needs? Or to the greater player base?

I always felt that journeys were the most value for money compared to other offerings like boards and stuff, but I can't shake the feeling of certain things being cut. Like for example, the inverted card back being a lazy move. As pointed out by rrc

Any negatives or improvements you think could be made to suit your needs? Or to the greater player base?

I always felt that journeys were the most value for money compared to other offerings like boards and stuff, but I can't shake the feeling of certain things being cut. Like for example, the inverted card back being a lazy move. As pointed out by rrc

I feel like the cosmetics from the previous journey looked better, but that may be subjective.
Which ones in particular? Coins? Borders and icons? :)

What I don't like:

I am really not a fan of inverted arts for cardbacks. I hated it on the previous journey and even even on this one for a couple of cardbacks. Previous Journey's cardbacks should be one of the worst in the entire history of journey IMHO, and in my taste. Even the art was not pleasing or good. Never used a single one of the cardbacks from previous journey, not even once.This journey also takes the approach of inverted cardbacks, which I don't like. It, IMHO, is just too lazy. If they can't come up with a new art, they can have less/fewer cardbacks like how they went with coins. The art is better and one or two of the cardbacks are good. I really wish future journeys drop this inverted cardback idea.

The customization on Regis' back is almost useless as you can hardly see it and most look the same, IMHO. For Triss, the variations were awesome with Staff and all. But for Regis, it is a big miss.

What I like:
The cards that this journey gives IS THE BEST. Every single card is awesome and is 100% usable (at least till now). So, that is a huge thumbs up (of course, I don't need any from the journey as I have every one of them, but for newer players it is very very useful)

Of course, Regis skins are way too awesome and three variations is a great idea and they have different voicelines and unique customizations. This is brilliantly done.
I have to agree with you on this one. I also feel that 4 coins with not much designs or variation to them seems a bit lazy to me. I liked the Aretuza journey coins. And alzurs. The brown coins looked amazing.

As for card backs, they seem uninspired. No wow factor to me. But there's people that like it, so I guess it just ain't for us.

What's your favourite journey so far? And why?

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
What's your favourite journey so far? And why?
I had bought every journey except Alzur's (but, as I had pointed out many many times in the forum, it was due to burn out from Ciri's journey. In hindsight though, I think Alzur had amazing leader skin and the customizations on Alzur can be considered as one of the best IMHO).

Favorite would always be Geralt as it was new and when I first saw, it was mind blowing. Though it had so many short comings, it can be forgiven due to the first time it was introduced. It is very hard to say that one journey is favorite because various journeys have positives and negatives on different aspects (leader skins, coins, cards, cardbacks, borders and titles, and now board and music etc.) I don't use any border and title as I don't fancy them much and I always use my REBEL title (I think 1000 wins from ST) and the Ioverth+Squirrel border (100 wins from all ST leader I think) But if I have to rate roughly overall, for me:

Geralt (wow factor and, we got Geralt as a leader skin, what else you need? Amazing coins and I still use the Wolf coin) > Yen (Great leader skin and customization, but bad ingame animation from the leader, good cardbacks and coins) > Triss (amazing leader model and customizations, but standing leaning and awkwardly was kind of off putting initially, great coins and good cardbacks) > Regis (Amazing leader Skins, bad coins and lazy cardbacks) > Ciri (only reason it is almost at the bottom is due to the PTSD from the burn out, otherwise, it should be easily the second best, awesome leader skins and animations, great coins and cardbacks. I still use the Cat coin from Ciri) > Aretuza (My least favorite. Good coins, but reused board, reused bad card backs and no leader skin)

I had bought every journey except Alzur's (but, as I had pointed out many many times in the forum, it was due to burn out from Ciri's journey. In hindsight though, I think Alzur had amazing leader skin and the customizations on Alzur can be considered as one of the best IMHO).

Favorite would always be Geralt as it was new and when I first saw, it was mind blowing. Though it had so many short comings, it can be forgiven due to the first time it was introduced. It is very hard to say that one journey is favorite because various journeys have positives and negatives on different aspects (leader skins, coins, cards, cardbacks, borders and titles, and now board and music etc.) I don't use any border and title as I don't fancy them much and I always use my REBEL title (I think 1000 wins from ST) and the Ioverth+Squirrel border (100 wins from all ST leader I think) But if I have to rate roughly overall, for me:

Geralt (wow factor and, we got Geralt as a leader skin, what else you need? Amazing coins and I still use the Wolf coin) > Yen (Great leader skin and customization, but bad ingame animation from the leader, good cardbacks and coins) > Triss (amazing leader model and customizations, but standing leaning and awkwardly was kind of off putting initially, great coins and good cardbacks) > Regis (Amazing leader Skins, bad coins and lazy cardbacks) > Ciri (only reason it is almost at the bottom is due to the PTSD from the burn out, otherwise, it should be easily the second best, awesome leader skins and animations, great coins and cardbacks. I still use the Cat coin from Ciri) > Aretuza (My least favorite. Good coins, but reused board, reused bad card backs and no leader skin)
Much respect for going into detail. It's always fun for me to hear what the community thinks. Pretty much agree with you here. I got burnt out from the Ciris journey as well. Totally skipped and stopped Gwent for like the duration of 2 Journeys. Got to level 164, it was too much. Last title didn't feel worthwhile to get either.

If only there were compensation, as we essentially grinded 75% of another journey :p

Thank you for sharing!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Top Bottom