Ping Quickhack causes game to hang/freeze

+
Just capping off my 1.3 playthrough and finding more bugs in the Nomad ending; though this one is more obtrusive than others.

At the section in Belly of the Beast with Saul and Panam, there is a section where, after climbing up two sets of ladders (where Saul comments that they're at the spot where the 2023 bomb went off) V has a seizure and after recovering, Panam instructs V to take down the two guards silently.

Here's the bug; as of current patch without fail, using Ping here will cause the game to hang. No crash or error message - I can still navigate to the PS4 menu by pressing or holding the PS button, so I can close/restart the game fine - but the game itself is just frozen. I did a bit of testing with it: quickhacks work fine on every other enemy in the whole section, even ones in the adjoining room, just not these ones.

I was able to proceed fine afterwards, just had to ensure not to use quickhacks in that specific room.

Has anyone else encountered something like this?

Just capping off my 1.3 playthrough and finding more bugs in the Nomad ending; though this one is more obtrusive than others.

At the section in Belly of the Beast with Saul and Panam, there is a section where, after climbing up two sets of ladders (where Saul comments that they're at the spot where the 2023 bomb went off) V has a seizure and after recovering, Panam instructs V to take down the two guards silently.

Here's the bug; as of current patch without fail, using Ping here will cause the game to hang. No crash or error message - I can still navigate to the PS4 menu by pressing or holding the PS button, so I can close/restart the game fine - but the game itself is just frozen. I did a bit of testing with it: quickhacks work fine on every other enemy in the whole section, even ones in the adjoining room, just not these ones.

I was able to proceed fine afterwards, just had to ensure not to use quickhacks in that specific room.

Has anyone else encountered something like this?
Never on the PC. If it's reproducible, should consider to pass it to Support.

I don't remember any problem in this area, in 1.3+ on my side but I didn't do it very "often" (But I always use Ping on every enemies, so I have most certainly use it at this moment).
So I'll pay attention when I'll be there :)

I don't remember any problem in this area, in 1.3+ on my side but I didn't do it very "often" (But I always use Ping on every enemies, so I have most certainly use it at this moment).
So I'll pay attention when I'll be there :)
I retried the mission a few times from the very beginning at meeting Hanako at Embers, and happens every time for me - knowing Cyberpunk, there's probably something really specific in this particular save that's causing it.
After multiple checks I can reproduce it without fail, if it makes a difference I am using the Tetratronic Rippler and Epic version of the hack.

Never on the PC. If it's reproducible, should consider to pass it to Support.

I'll definitely be submitting a ticket. Thanks :)

I retried the mission a few times from the very beginning at meeting Hanako at Embers, and happens every time for me - knowing Cyberpunk, there's probably something really specific in this particular save that's causing it.
After multiple checks I can reproduce it without fail, if it makes a difference I am using the Tetratronic Rippler and Epic version of the hack.

I'll definitely be submitting a ticket. Thanks :)
Just so you know, the video doesn't work on my side.

Here's the bug; as of current patch without fail, using Ping here will cause the game to hang.
This happened to me also just a few days ago on PC. I tried using ping to see if there are any other guards and it completely froze my computer and I had force it off. I tried it a second time just make sure and it indeed froze up again.

I just experienced the same thing: ping attempts on the same two guards during this mission > game freeze requiring restart of the pc, both times

Very weird, I finish the game a week ago (Nomad ending), and I especially launched Ping on every enemies. Nothing on my side, anywhere in the Arasaka tower (and obviously on this two guys).

This happened to me also just a few days ago on PC. I tried using ping to see if there are any other guards and it completely froze my computer and I had force it off. I tried it a second time just make sure and it indeed froze up again.

I just experienced the same thing: ping attempts on the same two guards during this mission > game freeze requiring restart of the pc, both times
That's really bad if it requires a hard reboot, though makes me wonder if it's something build specific - thanks for letting me know. For what it's worth, support just recommended I uninstall/clear cache and reinstall which I'm glad I didn't take the time to do because that probably wouldn't have fixed it.

Very weird, I finish the game a week ago (Nomad ending), and I especially launched Ping on every enemies. Nothing on my side, anywhere in the Arasaka tower (and obviously on this two guys).
Interesting, thanks for the update! I will just have to wait for 1.5, and go without pinging every thing I see :LOL:

Interesting, thanks for the update! I will just have to wait for 1.5, and go without pinging every thing I see
I thought about it when entering in the tower with Panam and Saul and I launched Ping on this two dudes, 2 times to be sure :)
(on also on few devices around... but nothing, no freeze, no crash)

Top Bottom