1.5 likely to release in the "first months of 2022". Meaning probably Q1

+
It was more of a general statement and not directed at anyone in particular. I didn't intend for it to come off hostile in any way either.
It's all good. The written medium utterly sucks at conveying intentions unless expressively written out. Hence why I wanted to clarify.

I was always under the impression that next gen was a separate thing, like it wasn't a patch or anything like that.

Let me clarify, when I said bundled I meant bundled as in released at the same time. Definitely not the best way to express what I meant. I'm also assuming that the changes in 1.5 are necessary for the next-gen patch/additions to work.

There is also the possibility that the next-gen patch is going to disappoint at lot of people by simply being a set of video settings/features only available on next-gen hardware (like say, ray-tracing), whatever that would mean for PC. Personally, I'm leaning a lot towards this being the next-gen patch. A patch allowing the game to make use of new console hardware capabilities... possibly improving a few things on PC, yet nothing incredible.

I see a lot of people placing a lot, if not all, of their faith in the next-gen patch while no one has any specific on what it entails. I personally think people should seriously temper their expectations of it.

Of course, like everyone else here besides REDs, I'm merely speculating.

Last edited:
It's all good. The written medium utterly sucks at conveying intentions unless expressively written out. Hence why I wanted to clarify.

Let me clarify, when I said bundled I meant bundled as in released at the same time. Definitely not the best way to express what I meant. I'm also assuming that the changes in 1.5 are necessary for the next-gen patch/additions to work.

There is also the possibility that the next-gen patch is going to disappoint at lot of people by simply being a set of video settings/features only available on next-gen hardware (like say, ray-tracing), whatever that would mean for PC. Personally, I'm leaning a lot towards this being the next-gen patch. A patch allowing the game to make use of new console hardware capabilities... possibly improving a few things on PC, yet nothing incredible.

I see a lot of people placing a lot, if not all, of their faith in the next-gen patch while no one has any specific on what it entails. I personally think people should seriously temper their expectations of it.

I'm not sure how it works on pc/Series X, but it wasn't a "patch" on ps5. I had to go to the ps store in order to download the "patch". It was like downloading another game that wasn't a update. So, I guess that's why I'm confused.

I'm not sure how it works on pc/Series X, but it wasn't a "patch" on ps5. I had to go to the ps store in order to download the "patch". It was like downloading another game that wasn't a update. So, I guess that's why I'm confused.
PC doesn't really have a "next-gen". Next-gen is a very broad term with no true, established and accepted definition anyway.

Far as I know, that's how every next-gen patch has worked so far on console. Pretty much an entirely "new" game to download. Every next-gen patch I know of only adds graphical options and improved performance though. You'll basically be downloading the "new" game already patched to 1.5 with those new improvements made available. Assuming the two are released together that is.

I have a hard time thinking of what they'll add on PC that we don't already have. Except performance improvements, of course but can it really be called a next-gen patch if all it does is improve performance? Personally, I'd say no.

I think I see now how the fan-made hype is created:

It has been stated in many ways, in many places, by many different people, directly and indirectly, that there is NOTHING planned for 2021 when it comes to any sort of content for Cyberpunk 2077. But some people can't get over the fact that there will be no happy surprise for Christmas or for the Anniversary. So they try their best to convince themselves and-- and that's the worst part-- others, that there is a chance for something to actually happen.

There are also individuals who apparently believe that speculating about Patch 1.4 keeps the community engaged, so giving people false hope is a good thing!

How many times do you have to be burned to understand that if CDPR says that they have NOTHING planed, it means that there is NOTHING PLANNED???

We will get a wallpaper for anniversary. And a "thank you" video from those of the devs who agreed to show their faces in front of the camera. At best.

Far as I know, that's how every next-gen patch has worked so far on console. Pretty much an entirely "new" game to download. Every next-gen patch I know of only adds graphical options and improved performance though. You'll basically be downloading the "new" game already patched to 1.5 with those new improvements made available. Assuming the two are released together that is.
Not on Xbox, At least, for the games that I have.
Simply a patch/update (few Gigs for sure, but like all the patch/update for all the games... Cyberpunk 1.2 >20Go, 1.21 > 20Go, 1.23 > 20Go, 1.3 > 20Go,...)
And no connexion/visit to the store was required, the update/patch appear like all others "simple" updates, in the update tab. You just have to clic on "update" and wait... :)

(I think, the "visit to the store" for downloading a patch "next-gen" is a Playstation thing :) )

Edit : In the same as before between XB360 and XB1.
You have a physical copy of a game, you play it on 360, it run. The next day you install it from the CD on your XB1 without problem, you launch the game, a popup appears to say that an update is required to play it. You download and install the update (not the whole game, only few Gigs) and voila :)

Last edited:

it has already been said by one of the developers that the next gen patch has nothing to do with the PC

it has already been said by one of the developers that the next gen patch has nothing to do with the PC
As a PC player, I've got NO expectations from the next-gen patch except that I hope it marks the completion of the 'old-gen' development, hopefully everything on ALL platforms will be stable and solid, and the devs will be free to push on with the next -gen and PC hardware potential.

I mean if there's more that'd be great too ;-)

If I push my guesses, the 1.5 could be the next-gen patch :
- "Old gen" consoles would receive a 1.5 patch, but not named "next-gen patch".
- PCs would also receive a 1.5 patch, but also not named "next-gen patch".

So even if the patch on each platform won't be a "next gen patch", all will probably receive an update 1.5 anyway. And that the update won't be named "next-gen" doesn't mean that all platforms won't receive some improvments (graphics or whatever else) :)
(maybe it will the first update who will be "very" different on each platform).

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
We're all playing the same game. There are some differences like crowd population and raytracing, but in general, it's the same fucking game on all platforms. And of course the next gen patch will improve the PC version, because a dedicated PC version basically doesn't exist. I don't even care if there won't be many improvements, I just want to see decisions: If you can't fix raytraced shadows, please remove them! I just can't stand this half baked stuff anymore.

We're all playing the same game. There are some differences like crowd population and raytracing, but in general, it's the same fucking game on all platforms. And of course the next gen patch will improve the PC version, because a dedicated PC version basically doesn't exist. I don't even care if there won't be many improvements, I just want to see decisions: If you can't fix raytraced shadows, please remove them! I just can't stand this half baked stuff anymore.
I wouldn't have minded slightly worse graphics if that meant less performance issues

While the game is in people's blind spot it wouldn't be wise to release a big patch or DLC before the next-gen edition comes out. That makes total sense. The game's positive upturn due to the work the developers have been putting in is already paying off with the game being "mostly positive" on Steam. Gamers will buy a game if it's good, no matter what the popular consensus on social media is.

They're loading everything into a big patch to release either before, or along with the Next-Gen edition which would be perfect. It would show people they've put a good amount of work into the game en encourage them to try it out again. If this goes well the game will have lifted itself out of the hole it dug. At least for PC gamers.

From that point on they can start releasing morsels of DLC before the first expansion comes out. I'm really curious if we're gonna get anything substantial tomorrow in the shareholder meeting. Probably not though. It would be at least nice to hear some good news coming from CDPR. The developers deserve that.

I'll tune in to the meeting tomorrow and retreat back into my cave until we hear more. :sleep:

Is it tomorrow? I'll definitely give it a listen. I want to see how much my baseless predictions and speculations turned out to be false. :D
Also yes: 83% out of 12 000 people who bought a game 50% off on Steam give it an upvote. I wouldn't call it a smashing success of a Tripple- A title.

Is it tomorrow? I'll definitely give it a listen. I want to see how much my baseless predictions and speculations turned out to be false. :D
Also yes: 83% out of 12 000 people who bought a game 50% off on Steam give it an upvote. I wouldn't call it a smashing success of a Tripple- A title.

It is indeed tomorrow.

Well, 76% of the 400K reviews since release are giving the game a positive rating. It's not a "smashing" success but it's not bad either. It's obvious the year, scratch that, -nine months- of improvements have had an impact on the game's quality. Furthermore, unlike those of us who bought it at first, those buying it right now know exactly what to expect. It's a lot easier to be pleased when you know exactly what you're getting into.

In all honesty, even with all it's issues, at 50% off it's definitely worth every penny.

I don't think the game will sell another 5 million copies regardless of it's patches' quality and improvements on it's own but if they can turn the base game around (which they are arguably doing) and release solid expansions/DLCs I think they'll save the game's legacy.

- recent reviews: 84% (very positive)
- #1 on the list of global top sellers
- 28.779 concurrent players in the last 24 hours (more than it had in March)

Yeah, it's a complete disaster :oops:
Remind me, how many people was so enraged by poor quality of this "success" that decided to refund the game? More or less than 28 000? When 30k people refunds the game it's no biggie. When the same number is playing it right now it's a huge number. Double standards or am I right.

- recent reviews: 84% (very positive)
- #1 on the list of global top sellers
- 28.779 concurrent players in the last 24 hours (more than it had in March)

Yeah, it's a complete disaster :oops:
Yep, it's only on Steam, but it's the same on Xbox. I suppose, it's also the same on GOG and all other platforms :)
So maybe some have a "special" definition of a disaster... who know :(
In any case, on the forum, threads and posts about bugs/problems have dropped significantly (even "greatly"...)

Yep, it's only on Steam, but it's the same on Xbox. I suppose, it's also the same on GOG and all other platforms :)
So maybe some have a "special" definition of a disaster... who know :(
In any case, on the forum, threads and posts about bugs/problems have dropped significantly (even "greatly"...)
Because they are being actively discouraged. :D
Post automatically merged:

"Please don't create another topic, nobody will help you here, go to help-support, here's the link"

Guest 3847602

Remind me, how many people was so enraged by poor quality of this "success" that decided to refund the game? More or less than 28 000? When 30k people refunds the game it's no biggie. When the same number is playing it right now it's a huge number. Double standards or am I right.
Are you serious? The game had below average refund ratio despite the "reddit-twitter refund uprising". Some people expected this number to be 1-2 millions. :ROFLMAO:
28K on Steam alone for a story-driven singleplayer-only 1 year after its launch is not exactly something to be embarrassed about, to put it mildly.

Top Bottom