The General Videogame Thread

+
Jedi Fallen Order was a great SW game imo. Much better than one would expect from an EA/Disney collaboration.
Decent for EA/Disney perhaps, but the nearly all teenage-looking cast, faux dual sabers and the fact I'm forced to be a good Jedi fighting the Empire yet again pretty much ruined it for me :shrug:

I'll take the now old Jedi Outcast any day instead (you played a "good" Jedi there but you could force choke the living fuck outta people :))

Recently went back to play both RDR and GTA online after not playing for a long time. While GTA Online is still overrun with cheaters and pretty much unplayable without emptying a lobby first. RD Online though is a masterpiece of atmosphere and detail. Crying shame it was pretty much abandoned by R* cause it didn't print an absurd amount of money like GTA 5.
Post automatically merged:

Decent for EA/Disney perhaps, but the nearly all teenage-looking cast, faux dual sabers and the fact I'm forced to be a good Jedi fighting the Empire yet again pretty much ruined it for me :shrug:

I'll take the now old Jedi Outcast any day instead (you played a "good" Jedi there but you could force choke the living fuck outta people :))

Fallen Order was absolute garbage. The template for the perfect Jedi game already exists, it's called "Jedi Academy". Why they had to make an obnoxious dark souls knock-off, I'll never understand. It's not hard and there is no sense of enjoyment in it at all. Just like I'll never understand the hooplaa about Dark Souls. Great, you figured out a way to out-cheap the cheap mechanics and garbage controls in the exact way the developer intended with no room for any actual skill involved because not playing exactly as designed gets you killed 10/10.

You're not playing a game, you're twisting a rubics cube.

Last edited:
Recently went back to play both RDR and GTA online after not playing for a long time. While GTA Online is still overrun with cheaters and pretty much unplayable without emptying a lobby first. RD Online though is a masterpiece of atmosphere and detail. Crying shame it was pretty much abandoned by R* cause it didn't print an absurd amount of money like GTA 5.
Post automatically merged:

Fallen Order was absolute garbage. The template for the perfect Jedi game already exists, it's called "Jedi Academy". Why they had to make an obnoxious dark souls knock-off, I'll never understand. It's not hard and there is no sense of enjoyment in it at all. Just like I'll never understand the hooplaa about Dark Souls. Great, you figured out a way to out-cheap the cheap mechanics and garbage controls in the exact way the developer intended with no room for any actual skill involved because not playing exactly as designed gets you killed 10/10.

You're not playing a game, you're twisting a rubics cube.
And on top of it all, NO. DISMEMBERING!!!!!!!!! You're supposed to be a Jedi, goddammit, not a cop from Futurama!

I prefer Outcast to Academy, though, the single saber only combat felt fucking great :ok:

And on top of it all, NO. DISMEMBERING!!!!!!!!! You're supposed to be a Jedi, goddammit, not a cop from Futurama!

I prefer Outcast to Academy, though, the single saber only combat felt fucking great :ok:

Well you only dismembered hands without mods, and no one forced you to use 2 sabers or staff :p

Well you only dismembered hands without mods, and no one forced you to use 2 sabers or staff :p
Still more dismembering than JFO. And I meant everyone using single blades, like in the OT. Never liked the fact that dual blades had one style only (and no strong style)

Fallen Order was absolute garbage. The template for the perfect Jedi game already exists, it's called "Jedi Academy". Why they had to make an obnoxious dark souls knock-off, I'll never understand.
Even as a (admittedly selective) Star Wars and Dark Souls fan I hated Fallen Order, probably one of the worst thing about the Souls series is how its mechanics were adopted by other games and are often implemented without the care needed.
The slopes and floaty platforming was the worst.
And the exploration which only rewarded you with minor cosmetic stuff for your lightsaber or a poncho skin (wow!)
The moment I saw my lightsaber bounce off a giant frog I knew it wasn't going to be an enjoyable ride. I know there's got to be game balance but c'mon. There was a handful of highlights though.
Decent for EA/Disney perhaps, but the nearly all teenage-looking cast, faux dual sabers and the fact I'm forced to be a good Jedi fighting the Empire yet again pretty much ruined it for me

Couldn't stand Cal or his friends either, and I'm fed up of the Jedi focus. As for EA Star Wars games I quite liked Squadrons, though the bar is set pretty low right now...

Last edited:
Even as a (admittedly selective) Star Wars and Dark Souls fan I hated Fallen Order, probably one of the worst thing about the Souls series is how its mechanics were adopted by other games and are often implemented without the care needed.
The slopes and floaty platforming was the worst.
And the exploration which only rewarded you with minor cosmetic stuff for your lightsaber or a poncho skin (wow!)
The moment I saw my lightsaber bounce of a giant frog I knew I wasn't going to be a enjoy it. I know there's got to be game balance but c'mon. There was a handful of highlights though.

Couldn't stand Cal or his friends either, and I'm fed up of the Jedi focus. As for EA Star Wars games I quite liked Squadrons, though the bar is set pretty low right now...

The only highlight was Vader going BRRRRR

We'll see about Bioware. The Dragon Age universe is just to good to be completely fucked up even if the old team barely exists anymore. At least I hope so. And I think DA2 is actually brilliant (minus the reused dungeons, probably). It has the most impactful main story in the whole franchise, the best main character and Varric.

And while I'm waiting for a new game to get me excited (Elden Ring still feels so far away), I'm replaying the Mass Effect Trilogy (the old version, I'm not throwing 60 bucks at EA for a remaster) for the umpteenth time. It's still my favourite videogame - but the inventory in ME1 sure is atrocious...

BioWare is doomed for good.
Long time ago. When docs left, it was telling. The same thing is happening with Blizzard right now.

I'm horrified by thoughts of Badowski, Blacha and other key people leaving CDPR. Stepien and Tomaszkiewicz left already. :( It will be the end.

Last edited:
We'll see about Bioware. The Dragon Age universe is just to good to be completely fucked up even if the old team barely exists anymore. At least I hope so. And I think DA2 is actually brilliant (minus the reused dungeons, probably). It has the most impactful main story in the whole franchise, the best main character and Varric.

And while I'm waiting for a new game to get me excited (Elden Ring still feels so far away), I'm replaying the Mass Effect Trilogy (the old version, I'm not throwing 60 bucks at EA for a remaster) for the umpteenth time. It's still my favourite videogame - but the inventory in ME1 sure is atrocious...
I don't even know why did they bother to remaster the ME Trilogy (apart from making even more money from the same product). Such a wasted opportunity to correct the actual issues it had

Last edited:

BW hasn't released a genuinely good game since Dragon Age: Origins. Inquisition could have been ok, but it was filled with the same blatant politically correct, ideological garbage as Andromeda.

I've completely written off BW years ago.

Last edited:
BW hasn't released a genuinely good game since Dragon Age: Origins. Inquisition could have been ok, but it was filled with the same blatant politically correct, ideological garbage as Andromeda.
Care to elaborate? Because "garbage" doesn't exactly make for a well-rounded argument.

Guest 3847602

Long time ago. When docs left, it was telling.
And the internet celebrated their departure in 2012. It was seen as retributive justice for the suffering they caused with DA2 and ME3. :facepalm:
I'm horrified by thoughts of Badowski, Blacha and other key people leaving CDPR. Stepien and Tomaszkiewicz left already. :( It will be the end.
Same.

And the internet celebrated their departure in 2012. It was seen as retributive justice for the suffering they caused with DA2 and ME3. :facepalm:

DA2 was a result of EA demanding a sequel faster than they could make one. ME3 was the result of the director changing the story half-way through.

"The internet" is always wrong.

Guest 3847602

DA2 was a result of EA demanding a sequel faster than they could make one. ME3 was the result of the director changing the story half-way through.

"The internet" is always wrong.
ME3 was also the result of EA not giving them enough time to make a proper finale. They gave BioWare 26 months to make their largest game yet.
If you're referring to Drew Karpyshyn leaving the ME team, he did that right after ME2 came out.

For me it was end of an era. I loved Bioware since BG1. They even helped CDP with creation of Witcher. I loved their games so much, that I played them even on hardest difficulty to 100%, which is extremely rare in my case, since I'm not a hardcore gamer.

People should remember, that 10 years ago Bioware was the last company that kept making story-driven AAA RPGs. Everyone else were aiming for online, service or whatever. Bethesda captured Fallout and turned everything into Morrowind sequel. CDPR were yet to prove themselves in a big way with Witcher 3 (even though I immensely enjoyed Witcher 2 by that point). Bioware was one of a kind. It just looked grim for me. So I have no idea what people celebrated....

Of course, a few years later resurgence of JRPG happened, crowd-funded indies arrived and CDPR basically took the torch from Bioware...

Top Bottom