1.5 likely to release in the "first months of 2022". Meaning probably Q1

+
Not lucky, just the silent majority. No issues here since launch as well.
While I immensely enjoy the game I doubt you haven't experienced any bugs since launch. Or are you simple referring to plot stoppers or crashes? Personally, I'm playing since launch and the game did have a lot of bugs at first. Luckily, many of them have been fixed.

English translation courtesy of Google
Thanks!

They sound a lot more confident now releasing in Q1 then they did the last investor update. But, please don't release in February with so many games coming out then. I know it's a free update, it's more about time issues.
Well, to each their own but I would like to have a new patch as soon as possible. Personally, I think it currently seems like it will be released sooner than later in Q1.

I assume that 1.4 is going to be the ultimate version for old gen consoles, and I hope that the expansion will only be available for the next gen patch: Version 1.5
As other's have pointed out, they simply cannot abandon old-gen consoles.

So the haters and their unjustified predictions were right all along. I'm shocked.
I definitely do not consider myself a hater, I absolutely love the game! (But it cannot take CDPR's current take on communication.) That being said, after they adjusted the roadmap it was a strong indicator that there wouldn't be anything in 2021 anymore.

I have a hard time thinking of what they'll add on PC that we don't already have. Except performance improvements, of course but can it really be called a next-gen patch if all it does is improve performance? Personally, I'd say no.
They could further increase the visual fidelity (psycho settings for everything) or increase performance. Other than that, PC gamers should make sure to manage their expectations.

I wouldn't have minded slightly worse graphics if that meant less performance issues
I would have! Go graphics galore! Anyway, I think that's what the graphic settings are for and from that point of view Cyberpunk 2077 is not poorly optimised.

...think they'll save the game's legacy.
They will also build on it and pave they way for Cyberpunk 20....well 20-something.

They could further increase the visual fidelity (psycho settings for everything) or increase performance.

Frankly, I see even them improving graphics as very unlikely. My best guess is that whatever we get as PC gamers will be under the hood performance improvements. Nothing else.

And, frankly, even after my recent upgrade to top of the line hardware, I don't want them to invest resources in improving graphics so that a hyper small fraction of the player base can enjoy slightly higher resolution textures. I'd rather they invest in improving the systems in place. The game looks more than good enough already.

Heck, I'd rather they invest in improving their communication. Wishful thinking, I know.

Other than that, PC gamers should make sure to manage their expectations.
I see so many people, PC gamers included, waiting on the next-gen patch with bated breath as if the second coming. I have no doubt there are many people who are going to be severely disappointed in the next-gen patch.

I see so many people, PC gamers included, waiting on the next-gen patch with bated breath as if the second coming. I have no doubt there are many people who are going to be severely disappointed in the next-gen patch.

At least on ps5, I would like to see 3d audio and Dualsense support. I don't know if that's asking too much.

Guest 3847602

Yes I'm talking about issues that prevented me from enjoying the game including crashes and progress stoppers. I've encountered only a few visual bugs, of which I can only remember the t-pose.
The most serious one I ever encountered was the rollover of the car you get from Delamain at the end of "Don't Lose Your Mind". I only had to reload the last autosave and it worked as it should have. That was literally the only time I was forced to reload the game to finish any quest or NCPD scanner hustle.

The most serious one I ever encountered was the rollover of the car you get from Delamain at the end of "Don't Lose Your Mind". I only had to reload the last autosave and it worked as it should have. That was literally the only time I was forced to reload the game to finish any quest or NCPD scanner hustle.
That doesn't sound like the same game at all to me, but don't take this as I don't believe it. I believe it 100%. But the problems are and have been numerous for a lot of us.

That doesn't sound like the same game at all to me, but don't take this as I don't believe it. I believe it 100%. But the problems are and have been numerous for a lot of us.

It's always very easy to dismiss people's concerns when they don't happen to you. It's pretty typical, it's part of the reason this community is so divided. The experience varies wildly. I had a pretty flawless experience myself at first. Then suddenly with patch 1.1X I started getting game breaking bugs that no amount of reloading would fix.

Haven't experienced them since 1.3 but then again I didn't get very far in that playthrough.

On my side, the only recurrent one that I had encounter was, that I was generally unable to retrieve my weapons and leave the Cloud after convaince Woodman (with INT skill) during Automatic Love (it happened almost in every playthroughs since day one in all the game versions, but it didn't happen in 1.3 nor 1.31). And I always managed to "fix" it by reloading a previous save or/and trying another way to convaince him (or defeat him) :)

In view of the forum, the only "quest breaking" bugs who could remain are :
- The Rattler (Nomad's car) who don't spawn (or disappear at least).
- Nothing happen if you connect to the van after defeating Sasquatch.
Maybe/certainly there are others, but either players only report it to CDPR Support and ignore the forum, either they put aside the quest and continue to play (or put aside the game). I hope if it's the case, they report it to CDPR.

I also think that those who post a positive review (on steam or elsewhere) didn't encounter a "big" quest breaking bug... It could be surprising (for me) to let a positive review if you're not able to finish/complete the game :)

It's always very easy to dismiss people's concerns when they don't happen to you. It's pretty typical, it's part of the reason this community is so divided. The experience varies wildly. I had a pretty flawless experience myself at first. Then suddenly with patch 1.1X I started getting game breaking bugs that no amount of reloading would fix.

Haven't experienced them since 1.3 but then again I didn't get very far in that playthrough.
For me was several things: I could not put Sandra on the stretcher(no option to put her down) in the beggining of street kid path. That stopped my first playthrough.
Then i started again and i did not get any option to hack the Rayfield so could not continue. Then i give up game for a time.
After i started third time had the Takamura bug which stopped my third and last playthrough.
The myriad of bugs, the bad performance, the bad textures streaming which breaks immersion, the crashes that were so many (corrupting saves-keep doing stuff all over again, reloads upon reloads) .
Perks that don't work. Performance that dropped with time. More reloads. The looter shooter system which made looting meaningless. The lack of interactivity and all those closed doors.
I could not enjoy the game. I doubt patch 1.5 will truly fix the game.

Last edited:
Frankly, I see even them improving graphics as very unlikely. My best guess is that whatever we get as PC gamers will be under the hood performance improvements. Nothing else.

And, frankly, even after my recent upgrade to top of the line hardware, I don't want them to invest resources in improving graphics so that a hyper small fraction of the player base can enjoy slightly higher resolution textures. I'd rather they invest in improving the systems in place. The game looks more than good enough already.

Heck, I'd rather they invest in improving their communication. Wishful thinking, I know.
What I deem possible is that if there was downgrade, the subject of which is still up for debate, than those shackles might be removed with the next-gen patch. Other than that, they might be able to improve the game's LOD in general and with the integration of FSR and further improvements, they might feel confident to increase the RT fidelity. The did something similar with Witcher 3, where they increased the water's quality a couple of months after the release. But generally, on PC I do not suspect 1.5 to be any different than 1.2 or 1.3 and thus I just expect it to consist of bug fixes and other nice features.

Regarding your second point, a render engine developer will not start changing the game's systems and therefore he will have the capacity to take care of visual fidelity. Furthermore, render engine developers will work on the engine anyway since they need to integrate RT on consoles.

I'm afraid that you are right.

Yeah, people have different hardware with different drivers and different save games which contributes to a different gameplay experience. I also didn't have any block or quest stopper and the bugs I have experienced were just annoying graphic glitches or unlootable objects.

As much as I'm looking forward to the future of the game, especially the expansions I'm gonna set my expectations super low for 2022 and assume 1.5 arriving in the first months means April/May. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.
It is always best to manage expectations. However, there are some indications that 1.5 will be released in early Q1. I will update my thread with my take on it after I have listened to the investors call.

What I deem possible is that if there was downgrade, the subject of which is still up for debate, than those shackles might be removed with the next-gen patch. Other than that, they might be able to improve the game's LOD in general and with the integration of FSR and further improvements, they might feel confident to increase the RT fidelity. The did something similar with Witcher 3, where they increased the water's quality a couple of months after the release. But generally, on PC I do not suspect 1.5 to be any different than 1.2 or 1.3 and thus I just expect it to consist of bug fixes and other nice features.

Regarding your second point, a render engine developer will not start changing the game's systems and therefore he will have the capacity to take care of visual fidelity. Furthermore, render engine developers will work on the engine anyway since they need to integrate RT on consoles.

I'm afraid that you are right.

Part of the problem is how long they have been working on this. It would be a year plus. Since the original release date.

If it's just a frame rate/ resolution boost, I don't think that explains why it's taking this long to come out.
Ah ok, I get it now. I think the most significant amount of work is going into making RT work on current-gen consoles with an acceptable performance. The next-gen patch (1.5) will be a next-gen patch for consoles only; however there will be a 1.5 patch for PC as well, but we've already got that visual eye candy that is known as raytracing.

They could further increase the visual fidelity (psycho settings for everything) or increase performance. Other than that, PC gamers should make sure to manage their expectations.
This will become an issue sooner or later, if it hasn't already.
A year worth of post release development went into the last gen consoles, at the cost of PC graphics quality. By the looks of it the next year is dedicated towards the next gen consoles. Will PC users suffer from it? I hope not, but there isn't anything substantial to be too optimistic about.
The PC community has never been known for their patience, if anything, it's the exact opposite.
A tiny light of hope at the end of the tunnel would surely help overcome some of those issues.
CDPR will supposedly start a new development in 2022, can the resources be sufficient to please the PC community and start a new project? I hope so, but at the moment I have nothing but doubts.

we also have a LOD downgrade that is not so eye candy....
Allegedly. I have yet to see any proof of this claim, but it could be possible.

By the looks of it the next year is dedicated towards the next gen consoles. Will PC users suffer from it? I hope not, but there isn't anything substantial to be too optimistic about.
I strongly believe that if the PC version suffers, than from last-gen consoles the game was optimised for in 2021. PC players should not be worried about current-gen console optimisations. Also, given that the platforms are becoming more and more alike, console optimisations also translate into PC optimisations. The only downside is that developers don't have to care for things like 64GiB of RAM or 24GiB of VRAM like the 3090 has.

CDPR will supposedly start a new development in 2022, can the resources be sufficient to please the PC community and start a new project? I hope so, but at the moment I have nothing but doubts.
The start of a new project is not something where every developer moves from Cyberpunk 2077 to something else. The simple reason for this that they are not needed at the time being, thus Cyberpunk 2077 will receive developer support. Furthermore, there are still two expansions to be made for the game, which also translates to more work being done for it.

Top Bottom