The General Videogame Thread

+
ME3 was also the result of EA not giving them enough time to make a proper finale. They gave BioWare 26 months to make their largest game yet.
If you're referring to Drew Karpyshyn leaving the ME team, he did that right after ME2 came out.

Nah Drew was the writer, they scrapped the original story during the development of ME2. Parts of it are still in ME2 in the mission where you recruit Tali.
Post automatically merged:

For me it was end of an era. I loved Bioware since BG1. They even helped CDP with creation of Witcher. I loved their games so much, that I played them even on hardest difficulty to 100%, which is extremely rare in my case, since I'm not a hardcore gamer.

People should remember, that 10 years ago Bioware was the last company that kept making story-driven AAA RPGs. Everyone else were aiming for online, service or whatever. Bethesda captured Fallout and turned everything into Morrowind sequel. CDPR were yet to prove themselves in a big way with Witcher 3 (even though I immensely enjoyed Witcher 2 by that point). Bioware was one of a kind. It just looked grim for me. So I have no idea what people celebrated....

Of course, a few years later resurgence of JRPG happened, crowd-funded indies arrived and CDPR basically took the torch from Bioware...

Not true. Obsidian was making RPGs. You know the people who made KOTOR2 that was infinitely better than KOTOR1.

Not true. Obsidian was making RPGs. You know the people who made KOTOR2 that was infinitely better than KOTOR1.
Nah, they never had nor budget nor time to develop something worthy of AAA. And "infinitely better" is infinite exaggeration. I can say it had great potential.

Guest 3847602

Nah Drew was the writer, they scrapped the original story during the development of ME2. Parts of it are still in ME2 in the mission where you recruit Tali.
Ah, you mean the "dark energy" ending. Yeah, they scrapped it, but it was just the ending. Not really a fan of that, either. It's better in some ways, worse in other, equal in most.
But, there were a lot of other things that were removed and reworked to fit the insanely rushed development schedule (originally, there was supposed to be an entire story arc set on Palaven, like on Rannoch and Tuchanka; mission on Thessia was very different and featured the choice between saving Liara or Virmire survivor, content that ended up being pushed into From Ashes and Omega DLCs was a part of the base game, etc...).

the people who made KOTOR2 that was infinitely better than KOTOR1.
Oh yeah. With the exception of the ME OT, as far as I'm concerned Obsidian>>>>>>>>>>Bioware (yes they can't release a glitchless game to save their lives but they do have quality writing to make that up)

Nah, they never had nor budget nor time to develop something worthy of AAA. And "infinitely better" is infinite exaggeration. I can say it had great potential.
I have to agree with the fact that KOTOR 2, despite being the best piece of SW content ever, was merely scratching the surface of the whole philosophical thing...

It actually did something new with the setting. Something KOTOR1 never did. To this day most people who played it never understood half of what was going on, and completely missed the point. While KOTOR1 was just another "chosen one" story.

I just finished my "new" ME-LE playthrough and as expected, it still an awesome trip. It's even better with Tali as LI (but it's only my opinion).
  • Total Power : 7644
  • Geths and Quarians live together in peace.
  • Krogans are no longer affected by the Genophage.
  • Krogans and Turians fight together.
  • Rachnis are "free" and peaceful.
  • In short, everything that could be saved, have been saved...
It's a such a great game, I definitly love the ending... I never tire of listening EDI at the very end.
f132e5e4-3a4c-469d-81d5-e2515859cb00.PNG

38461eec-62a7-4d31-a892-bcecf2248665.PNG02dd0c2f-0974-43e9-8ae5-1f953c2ab6bc.PNGf6b82227-20f1-4c25-84bc-7ac9770e246a.PNG61d452cf-05d6-4733-a5a3-3c92cb57bfb1.PNG
180c42e5-0a52-4e38-af6c-252b6d926e44.PNGe5c46761-c2c1-41ea-8282-dd1015ab3554.PNG2a7b1ded-fb91-46a1-9b81-a656ba7ecdde.PNG8a1ec575-3103-4d91-ac4b-63a1a42695b4.PNG
cf15ebde-c7aa-4f4f-a3ec-b6a69aaaae86.PNG
Tell me one more story about that Shepard !
e3848fc5-013d-41e1-829f-848ac28f0d2b.PNG

But it's time to back to CP, it's been too long :)

Last edited:
I just finished my "new" ME-LE playthrough and as expected, it still an awesome trip. It's even better with Tali as LI (but it's only my opinion).
  • Total Power : 7644
  • Geths and Quarians live together in peace.
  • Krogans are no longer affected by the Genophage.
  • Krogans and Turians fight together.
  • Rachnis are "free" and peaceful.
  • In short, everything that could be saved, have been saved...
It's a such a great game, I definitly love the ending... I never tire of listening EDI at the very end.
Tell me one more story about that Shepard !
View attachment 11265880
But it's time to back to CP, it's been too long :)
So, completely opposite of what I did lol

Long time ago. When docs left, it was telling. The same thing is happening with Blizzard right now.

I'm horrified by thoughts of Badowski, Blacha and other key people leaving CDPR. Stepien and Tomaszkiewicz left already. :( It will be the end.
Regarding CDPR, whoever is the one(s) deciding they want to make looter mechanics, I don't care if they leave, same for whoever brag about "9 and 10 on pc" :LOL:
The writers are the ones who are fundamental in CDPR, even though I'm not a fan of how they managed cp77 story.

I'm more scared of the recent news about multiplayer coming to both cyberpunk and Witcher series to be honest.

Rude :)
Renegade playthrough ?
Let's say I never clicked the neutral/Paragon options except to activate romances :giveup:

I shot Wrex, Mordin, wiped down a colony gleefully, helped the Salarians keep the Genophage on, was pretty much pro-Cerberus except when forced to fight them, all companions dead in the battle of Earth and didn't care and finally, Destroy the Reapers, not to save the galaxy but because why not?

uuuuh. Did you feel good afterwards?
There are just some things I don't wanna do in video games, and being mean to my companions is one of them (except for Ashley, she's way to familiar with Shepard without being promted to do so). Also, I think Paragon Shepard excudes supreme confidence. Like, he's prepared to use force if needed but gives his oppnents a chance to rethink their actions.
The only time I regulalry choose the Rengade option is in ME1 when it comes to sacrificing the council or the fleet. I always abandon the council, because they are a bunch of useless, sanctimonious schemers and I don't want to sacrifice soldiers to safe them...

The only time I regulalry choose the Rengade option is in ME1 when it comes to sacrificing the council or the fleet. I always abandon the council, because they are a bunch of useless, sanctimonious schemers and I don't want to sacrifice soldiers to safe them...
I still have an hesitation, but in fact, they are grateful in the suites (especially the turian and the asari).
Finally, I'm always "happy" to save their ass anyway.

A question, if you choose to abandon the council, what it happen for the Destiny Acsension ?
It's destroyed and don't appear after ?

uuuuh. Did you feel good afterwards?
Sure, why wouldn't I? And yeah the Council can burn, burn them all!

Ashley, she's way to familiar with Shepard without being promted to do so).
I love her for that

Paragon Shepard excudes supreme confidence. Like, he's prepared to use force if needed but gives his oppnents a chance to rethink their actions.
You're not wrong but I prefer to go full Black Hat. There's something about an evil man or woman being the only one who can defeat the Reapers

Last edited:
Ok, maybe I'll try in a futur playthrough, at least for see if it change "a lot" or not. Because there are many references to that in dialogues in ME2/3 :)

Well the voice actors for the council change in future games :D

But like so many other things, it's irrelevant in the end.

Well the voice actors for the council change in future games :D

But like so many other things, it's irrelevant in the end.
I was referring to the fact that you saved them at the cost of many human lives. If you don't save them, I doubt there are dialogue lines in this way...

I partially agree with you on the ground of the story supporting the gameplay. Also on the ground of it working the other way around. I do agree on that.

What I don't agree is how we are using words "unique" and "revolutionary".

There is nothing unique and/or revolutionary gameplay wise and/or narration wise. It was all done before so it's not unique. Aslo nothing in CP2077 shaked the entire industry and made all the other companies follow suit. Maybe with exception of pushing releases of their games into 2022 because they would end up "cyberpunked".

Revolution means lots of copycats and the entire industry making a turn, mimicking the thing taht is revolutionary. So far I see no such trend caused by any of CP's mechanics. Nobody's making another cyberpunk game set in open world. Nobody's making anything remotely similar to Cyberpunk that we know of. Cyberpunk is not revolutionary because it didn't cause the revolution. It's a nice buzz-word.

The conversation system where you can walk away from NPC is known from other games before, mostly from Skyrim. Also, try walking away from main quest-givers. Try not answering a call, or not taking a side-mission. There is a reason why the most important moments in the game make you sit in a car or being held by someone. You are not in control.
Well I simply disagree. I don't think you understand what I've said about game, maybe my english is not good enough to express everything I want to say. Revolutionary doesn't mean it has to change industry, because I've said that one part is revolutionary not whole game.
Cyberpunk has very unique presentation and not seen in other games. It's not about walking from NPCs during conversation or full control of character,lol.
Frames, using lightning (very strong part), background to enhance most of scenes, reactions of NPCs, tunneling player. This is whole combination. I'm sorry but I never seen something like this in other games. Traditional cutscenes in videogames, are very simplistic, simple frames, no lighting (technology), often limited animations and takin full control from player.Not mentioning FPP cutscenes, you can find many examples of good use of it, but it always poor's man cinematography compared to (good or even decent) movies. Also there was some trend some time ago with QTE events, well some devs even made whole games based on that :ROFLMAO: So there was always some kind of idea to make cutscenes, or just scenes more interactive with betteror worse results.
Cyberpunk doesn't have problem with it, because it's cinematic, but at same time not competing with movies by using dozens of cutscenes, interrupting player and still game is story heavy.
And I get it, not everyone is interested in cinema, that's ok, but that doesn't change fact that, imo, but many will agree, that cinematic experience in games and telling story by doing cutscene after cutscene is just dead end, because something like this will never be able to compete with movies in terms of quality (and artisitc vision) plus it's not game, when cutscene plays.
That's my point, kinda.

I've been playing 360 games since 2011 when someone gave me that Xbox. Recently just finished Witcher enhanced edition so back to my 360. Don't really like playing on the computer and since I have no intention to go nex-gen I stuck with replaying what I've got.

I must say that my all time fave game is Dragon's Dogma, I think mainly coz you can create a character to your fancy. I prefer females coz of the clothing choices are more usable. The male choices just don't look cool and end up with the same look all the way through a game.

Another fave are the Dark Soul 1 & 2. Morrowind for 360 was really good as well.

Top Bottom