Please no P2W Expansion anymore

+
Last expansion we either had to purchase the presale bundle to get all the new cards or get them trough regular packs (Or wait months till expansion packs available).

The problem with this system is that you have to buy 100ts of regular packs to get all the new cards (And this 2 times).....most of us don't have 10.000ts of Ores to do so.

So it's either spend money to compete in a new expansion or wait few months till new packs are avaiable (And lose 2 Battle Pass reward cyrcles this way).

I love Gwent but this is one of the worst pay2win systems I've ever seen and beside some hardcore Gwent player many will leave if you repeat this behaviour (So at the end you'll lose more than you win).

So please CDPR give us expansion packs from the begining next time.

Thank you

Last expansion we either had to purchase the presale bundle to get all the new cards or get them trough regular packs (Or wait months till expansion packs available).
The cards were craftable for the same scrap prices as all other cards, from the day each mini expansion dropped. That is not pay-to-win.
They mean that there were no specialized expansion kegs until the third pack dropped. Yes, it's not p2w, but it WAS harder to get those specific cards this way. And kegs are an old, tested, legitimate and (for great many people, myself included) much more interesting way of getting cards.
I honestly don't know how to fix or bypass the no-kegs issue, so maybe splitting expansion into lesser packs isn't such a great idea.
BTW, I really don't get why only the last expansion has specialized kegs in the shop. It was really nice to see the other kegs reappear (if only between Black Friday and Cyber Monday),

However, it could easily be argued that crafting IS an easier way to get the cards you want since kegs always have RNG in them and give you duplicates.
Easier doesn't always mean better. And no RNG is almost always boring. With cloned netdecks with rigid gameplay everywhere one should have at least some options to have fun.
The premise was false, so the thread should be renamed, but I still think last expansion's idea was faulty.

You used "harder" in your previous post. I used the opposite of that, "easier". Nothing about what is better or worse.
Perhaps I failed to elaborate what I meant - "easier and boring (or predictable)" isn't always better than "harder, but with element of surprise". And latest expansion took one of the options away until the final pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom