Are you MODDER? Tell us it should be on the new Redkit for Cyberpunk 2077

+
Hello. I'm make original outfit and armor as a mod for Skyrim, Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 and i'm now on Conan Exile's. I like who Fun Com have give to the modder a free and complete access to the Conan Exile's Dev Kit. The modder in this case, can create complete custom cloth or armor and accessory, in full 3d mesh with proper texture and material. I things, this kind of modding system is great, i hope CD Projeckt Red consider this option.

First time I saw the cars (and loved their designs) I expected the side mirrors to be cameras that would feed into your characters brain (like when you hack turrents and surveillance cameras but In a small window). Unfortunately, there isn't enough car action side quests that would make this interesting to have, like, even the races are quite basic AI wise not to mention the rubber banding.

Still, it's a feature i wish to mod but I have no clue yet if a simple script in redkit would do the trick. I mean, you need to define 2 virtual cameras and render them to texture when entering a car and destroy them on exit. Knowing how LOD works, I doubt it would be easy to pull it off while avoiding pop-out from the back.
Was of the same thought in the beginning. Saw a bus driving simulation game on Steam that had back view mirror imagery based of the real life cameras that some of the latest vehicles have.

You know, you could look for a way to maybe utilize the hollo picture to broadcast a rear view imagery. It will be interrupted when hollowing, but at least you could see behind you when driving.

Should ask Hayte for advise, as he seems to know everything about Redkit and the game.

Noooo. Only 2d/3d models/materials. I can't code and am quite noob at lots of things. That stuff with wing mirrors sounds like it involves scripting. But if thats in your skillset, you should get on the modding discord and pick some code brains. There are some godlike programmer types on both discords. I don't even know if its possible or how it could work, but those people will have a better idea.

The way things usually work, if you don't see anyone else working on it and you want to make it happen, you need to start it yourself. You will get help. The cool thing about the modding discords is you don't have to be good at everything and do everything yourself. The discords are like giant 24/7 AA meetings where we all fail miserably all day but help each other to win a personal victory every now and then. Then you share your finished personal project and everyone gets a new toy to play with.

Last edited:
Noooo. Only 2d/3d models/materials. I can't code and am quite noob at lots of things. That stuff with wing mirrors sounds like it involves scripting. But if thats in your skillset, you should get on the modding discord and pick some code brains. There are some godlike programmer types on both discords. I don't even know if its possible or how it could work, but those people will have a better idea.

The way things usually work, if you don't see anyone else working on it and you want to make it happen, you need to start it yourself. You will get help. The cool thing about the modding discords is you don't have to be good at everything and do everything yourself. The discords are like giant 24/7 AA meetings where we all fail miserably all day but help each other to win a personal victory every now and then. Then you share your finished personal project and everyone gets a new toy to play with.
I admire the humility

[...] There are some godlike programmer types on both discords. I don't even know if its possible or how it could work, but those people will have a better idea.
[...]
I had no clue there was a moddig Discord channel for this game. Is it official ? What's the handle so I can come take a peek ?

Moderator: Hey there, all. A couple posts were deleted recently for including links to Discord. As per the Regulations, we do not permit advertising of unofficial channels in forum posts. However, users can share links in private conversations, and include them in their signatures, provided they are neither commercial nor malicious. Cheers.

Hello! So im about to START modding cyberpunk, and have a few requests based off my experience modding Red Dead Redemption 2.

1: Full lua compatability.
Soley because its a simple language to grasp, which would open up the floodgates to anyone (how many kids modded roblox?!)

2: A comprehensive API with clean callbacks and documentation.
Yeah R&D is part of modding, but if yall could take the guesswork out of it, that alone would jumpstart the scene immediately. I mean look at how far FiveM has come, since their stuff was almost entirely unlocked.

now because i was working on this and im stuck. 2.example:
local x = getClosestWall(getPlayerLocation)
local y = distfrom(x,getPlayerLocation)
if y < 1 and ( getkeydown(Key.z) and getPlayerStamina() > 0 ) then
wallrunning = true
else
wallrunning = false
end

and then follow it up with a loop of while true, dont allow movement to move you from the wall, drain stamina.

3: Ability to host PRIVATE servers.
Akin to Ark/FiveM/RedM, where you have the standard release (Public servers hosted by the company,following strict rulesets), and privately owned ones with mod checks to ensure only the mods you have in that server's files are used.

4: youtube linkning natively.
Let me link video feed and/or links in an easy to understand way, into the game. Imagine custom ads, REAL WORLD, community created advertisements for ingame companies. Multiplayer, with a faction operating as Militech, creating and pumping out their own dystopian tinted advertising campaign. "Buy militech, or militech will buy you. YOUR future is in YOUR wallet"

I DREAM for a multiplayer scene on private servers, where we can have player run businesses, player operated gangs, Player MaxTac and police, the only AI to be seen being the marks walking the street or driving down the road. Netrunner players meeting up in ingame chatrooms, able to access the visuals of other players by hacking their kiroshi's, break into and assault the systems of corporations and have player run netwatch come for them, only to find they died, fried by the mates of whoever they were peeping through the shutters of.

And all of it created by the community, for the community. Copies of the game sold by the millions more so people can Roleplay their Ghost in the shell fantasies, their bladerunner fanfics made real. A deckard in every server, a puppet master in every chat room. Made possible because nothing was hidden, creativity wasnt stamped out by a lack of knowledge. The strings were there to pull, the API waiting.

Because dystopian futures are a great starting point, but iv staffed a fivem server for 4 years now, and the stuff yall make the corpos do to the protag pale in comparison to the creative ways the players will find to mangle, mess with and generally toy with the other players.

I have a lot of experience in the modding communities of a large swath of games (TES, Fallout, Source Engine games, Metal Gear, the list goes on), but I haven't taken a dive into this game's tools myself yet. However, I've indulged in the existing mods myself, and have a few key pointers about things that need to happen for Cyberpunk 2077 to have a thriving future modding community:
  1. You need to make the tools more accessible. One of the major reason's I've been playing this game for nearly a year without touching modding tools is because I'm not sure where they are, or how to start. I've stumbled across Redkit, which is (apparently?) the designated modding tool, but all of your official web references still talk about it in relation to Witcher 2 (a 10-year-old game at this point!), and the official wiki is full of broken images and dead links. Every mod I've seen for Cyberpunk 2077 is an engine tweak or file edit, accomplished by moving around existing entries and writing scripts. That's the kind of modding you see in games whose developers are actively fighting modders, not one that's trying to actively support them! This is the consequence of not having any real tools or documentation available.
  2. If you want to ensure the game's longevity, you need to make it easy to add entirely new content. Like I said, every physical mod (ones that add things like items) that currently exists for Cyberpunk 2077 is a replacer. It isn't possible for us to make and add brand-new content, and that's seriously hindering our possibilities. We can't make new guns, cyberware, items, mods, or clothes and add them directly into the game's loot tables. Without being able to make our own content for the game, what's the point?
  3. We need to be able to not only make new content, but modify existing content as well. Obviously, modding is about adding new content, but a key part of our freedom revolves around our ability to change the existing content to meet our needs and desires. While the idea that the dev's original visions should be preserved comes to mind, an important aspect of a longstanding modding community is the ability to completely change and overhaul every aspect of the game - quests, dialogue, story trajectories - we should have free reign over all of it. Not only will this indulge those who want to use Cyberpunk 2077 as a "shell" to make an entirely different game, but it also helps every other mod author integrate their custom content directly into the world of Cyberpunk more effectively.
  4. Support custom content directly through your platform. Fallout 4 and Skyrim: Special Edition did an incredible job at introducing easy-to-access mods through their own in-game interfaces. The RED Launcher seems like a perfect opportunity for this, and introducing mod hosting and support through the RED Launcher would incentivize a lot more players into making accounts and using the launcher as more than a stepping stone to booting up the game.
These are just a few key things I know from my own modding experience in other games. I hope to see better tools in the future so that I can get into Cyberpunk 2077 modding myself - I've got a lot of ideas I can't act out on until better access to creating new content is provided.

Cyberpunk is one of those unicorns where everyone heard of it, people want to mod it and the developers are willing to work with modders.
When this takes off properly, i cant wait to see what people come up with

You need to make the tools more accessible. One of the major reason's I've been playing this game for nearly a year without touching modding tools is because I'm not sure where they are, or how to start. I've stumbled across Redkit, which is (apparently?) the designated modding tool, but all of your official web references still talk about it in relation to Witcher 2 (
it is the modding tool for the witcher 2, not CP 2077, which doesn't have any tools yet. they are working on it. it's why you can't find them

I am a Sykrim modder since 8 years and I had high hopes that a replacement would finally come with CP. But the disillusionment was great: Zero Quest and NPC behaviour modding capabilities.

Last edited:
easy to say: modifying CP in the current state is pointless - replacing assets and tuning attributes can be done with almost every game.

You can add assets. You need CSVMerge, Wolvenkit Console and 010 editor. You will need to know your way around entity (.ent) and appearance (.app) files.

"group" entities loads appearances
appearances load "item" entities
"item" entities load meshes

So you will end up doing the steps in reverse. You start with a mesh. You create an item entity that loads the mesh and the appropriate skinning/animation components and bindings. You modify an appearance file to load that item entity with the appropriate appearancedefinitions and then you modify a group entity to point to that appearance.

You need an inkatlas and a 200x200 image for the icon. You can then either spawn it in game via CET console, add it to a vendor inventory manifest or via virtual atelier.

I would like to know the limitations that you have encountered modifying Cyberpunk 2077 and that would help in your modification work. Discuss the tools that should be in the new Redkit or Wolvenkit that Yigsoft is going to develop together with CDPR.
The most wanted thing from me is modifying car physics: I want to even out the speed multiplier (currently it seems to display x1.33 of the actual km/h). Then, I want to unlock high speeds - I aim for 500 km/h. And I want to set better a tyre grip.

Besides that, if you are giving serious tools, I would like the ability to expand the city, and a way to redo the in-game AI, e.g. via restricted C code entries that will be compiled and executed instead of the current shallow thing (soz if the authors are reading this and don't agree).

The most wanted thing from me is modifying car physics: I want to even out the speed multiplier (currently it seems to display x1.33 of the actual km/h). Then, I want to unlock high speeds - I aim for 500 km/h. And I want to set better a tyre grip.

You can already modify car physics, top speed, tyre grip and a whole bunch of other stuff. Cyber Vehicle Overhaul by Erok has a very comprehensive tutorial and template .lua files where you can customize vehicle handling any way you want.

You can already modify car physics, top speed, tyre grip and a whole bunch of other stuff. Cyber Vehicle Overhaul by Erok has a very comprehensive tutorial and template .lua files where you can customize vehicle handling any way you want.
Oh, I thought we were talking about it being delivered with the game.

I remember how I obtained the mod that let me change my V's hair back to her original 2020 hairstyle. There was a site providing access, but requiring registration in order to turn on mature content settings. Ofc, I went with one of those hot email solutions as obtaining the mod def isn't worth giving another site my email. And guess what... the link on the website went to Github. Why just why can't we get GitHub links straight up? Mindblowing.

And, whut?! Registration in order to give consent to view mature content ONLY so that they can give you GitHub link to the mod. How does that even compile?

That said, yeah, if there is a GitHub link for that mod, I will be happy to have it.
Still, I thought that we were talking about mods that will be shipped *with* the game.

I think questphase files need some love. They seem like compiled byproduct of much better described or connected files. And even then without some descriptor files or good "tool tips" that can pull up and show what resources they call they're fairly human unreadable.

I had a look at Metro files and it seems like the movement of metro cars has been split into hundreds of small pieces. Was thinking maybe one could feed the metro splines into the Johnny roller coaster mission to have a Metro city tour.

Tools to edit the Level Design would be fantastic. I have so many ideas for new content i would love to make but current tools, sadly, cannot execute these ideas. I would love to make some player Apartments in different areas of the city that unlock depending on your choices. For example : One of these apartments would be a abandoned hotel room in Pacifica that you unlock after the parade mission.

Additionally I would like to make some cool side dungeons. Such as, a Judge Dredd inspired fight through a megatower or Corpo heist though a hidden underground lab.

Top Bottom