I'm free! FREE!!! Of masteries :)

+
Finally got my last ability mastery (Blood Scent)! Now I can play whatever I want. Yay!
The only things binding me now are faction and expansion masteries.
And the hardest to get contract - send 5000 GGs. Only 110 left to 5000, but with 2-3 per week it can take quite long.

Finally got my last ability mastery (Blood Scent)! Now I can play whatever I want. Yay!
And the hardest to get contract - send 5000 GGs. Only 110 left to 5000, but with 2-3 per week it can take quite long.
Sorry but I dont get it - what is that mastery? Because I play only what I want for years or don't play at all - and I can't imagine that it looks different way?

Congrats ! :beer:

(I'm half the way but one day i'll join you in Masteries hall of fame ! ;) )

Sorry but I dont get it - what is that mastery? Because I play only what I want for years or don't play at all - and I can't imagine that it looks different way?
It's in the "Mastery" section of the "Contracts" page in the Gwent profile. There are contracts (read - achievements) for winning games with different leader abilities or with different factions. You usually get points for them, for for higher tiers - avatars and borders. And a sense of completion :)
Post automatically merged:

Congrats ! :beer:

(I'm half the way but one day i'll join you in Masteries hall of fame ! ;) )
Thanks! Maybe you'll get them all even before me. It's not a steady uniform progress, after all.

Now I can play whatever I want. Yay!

What if I told you that you could have played whatever you wanted from the very beginning?

Morpheus2.jpg

Congrats man! I remember when i finally completed my last mastery contract. It's such a relief but at the same time you're like "ok, what to do now?" :))

Hah, it's nice to see other people undertaking the same foolhardy self-imposed quests as me.
Well done! I'm about halfway there myself.
I don't know what I'll do once I'm done. How about you? Any new quests in mind now that you're free and clear at last?

Hah, it's nice to see other people undertaking the same foolhardy self-imposed quests as me.
Well done! I'm about halfway there myself.
I don't know what I'll do once I'm done. How about you? Any new quests in mind now that you're free and clear at last?
There are still incomplete quests for factions and expansions wins for me. But there's more freedom of choice (and combinations possibilities) there. And with them complete - I'll play whatever I want, disregarding any self-imposed limitations.

Sounds
There are still incomplete quests for factions and expansions wins for me. But there's more freedom of choice (and combinations possibilities) there. And with them complete - I'll play whatever I want, disregarding any self-imposed limitations.
Sounds good. One day I'll reach that plateau as well and enjoy my NR boost decks again. Til then - SK decks as far as the eye can see.

I just hope it's not Onslaught. :)
Funnily enough I know so little about the SK faction decks that I don't even know what that means. I've recently finished the mastery, which boosts units in your hand. The devotion card, which shares the boosts helped a lot. Though I still felt like there were too few boost-giving cards to make that sort of deck viable.
Aside from that I've played the symbiosis and moving decks in seasonal modes but only a little.

Still, I enjoy the variety this brings. Rather than being stuck mimicking whatever is popular at the time, I get to explore and fail but do so on my own terms.

Ironically despite NG being the most popular, it's one of the factions I've made the least progress in. :confused:

Funnily enough I know so little about the SK faction decks that I don't even know what that means. I've recently finished the mastery, which boosts units in your hand. The devotion card, which shares the boosts helped a lot. Though I still felt like there were too few boost-giving cards to make that sort of deck viable.
Aside from that I've played the symbiosis and moving decks in seasonal modes but only a little.

Still, I enjoy the variety this brings. Rather than being stuck mimicking whatever is popular at the time, I get to explore and fail but do so on my own terms.

Ironically despite NG being the most popular, it's one of the factions I've made the least progress in. :confused:
You said SK - that's Skellige. Onslaught is their ability, which is currently extremely broken - giving 1 armor to all ships and pirates in your hand whenever an enemy unit becomes damaged.
Invigorate (hand boosting) is an ST (Scoia'tael) ability. It was the last ST ability I mastered - but before Torque (that guy that boosts another units for his boost) and Bountiful Harvest (and Simlas, may he rot in hell for all eternity) were even introduced.

Hah, yeah you're right. In my head I always use the full name so I often forget what the abbreviations are.
I've done Onslaught already, back in the days when it was a different ability, although I cannot remember which one it used to be.
Out of Skellige the last remaining masteries I have left to do are Patricidal Fury and the mastery that's specifically used to move that one twelve value card to the graveyard and deal twelve damage.

I try to focus on the basic set abilities so the newer ones I usually have left undone. But I figure that's good as well, gets you something to come back to in the future.

Top Bottom